What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC - Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would imagine Eurosport will carry the Sky UK feed of it.

Why is it always held in England? Because they can make more money out of it in England basically.

Hopefully with 3 games they will spread them around and let cities bid for them. If we can get 12K to a pre season trial, 21K to a Manly game then I reckon a WCC would be well supported in Perth given the number of Northern pommies here.

Clarke

Juniors
3v3 & 2v2 are still pointless games...played for nothing..

also does that say wigan,leeds & warrington have agreed to go down under....or are they representing all of ESL in the talks?

Might be pointless in the way they are playing for nothing. However I think it'll good for the Super League competition to play more games against NRL teams which could directly lead into more harden players into the English national team. It also promotes the strength of the game internationally and could provide a boost of funds to European teams who get an extra blockbuster game to be held in their home grounds each year (assuming that the rotating between the 2-club and 6-club formats collide with the rotation of location. E.g. I'm expecting for the 2-club format to be used in Australia while the 6-club format will be used in the UK)

I don't have GEM (it's not a FOXTEL channel). Will this be televised on Eurosport?

Are you serious? My access to GEM is through Foxtel.

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it on GEM or Eurosport (if they have it), Eurosports coverage this year has been really poor ... with games being shown in full in delay because the previous sport went longer than expected followed by a game shown from the 15th minute marks because a similar thing happen (this time they just didn't bother showing the full game)

roughyedspud

Coach
weather update.....no wind,rain or snow....gonna be abit chilly though at around 2-3c at kick off...

but once the players warm up they would'nt notice the temp..

roughyedspud

Coach
thats what i was going for.....then yesterday the "shoulder charge" was outlawed for the WCC.....meaning melbourne (and cam smith) are likely to constantly whinge about tackles...and leeds are likely to have players sin binned for perfectly good tackles....

do we know who the ref is yet?? has to be a australian now does'nt it? i mean our refs have'nt had the "training" as to what constitutes a "shoulder charge"

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
thats what i was going for.....then yesterday the "shoulder charge" was outlawed for the WCC.....meaning melbourne (and cam smith) are likely to constantly whinge about tackles...and leeds are likely to have players sin binned for perfectly good tackles....

do we know who the ref is yet?? has to be a australian now does'nt it? i mean our refs have'nt had the "training" as to what constitutes a "shoulder charge"

Getting in early with the excuses...

roughyedspud

Coach
lol you can't change a rule 3 days before a game and not expect it to effect the result...especially when one team has been training with that rule all of pre season...

and its certainly a more valid excuse than..."its too cold" lol

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol you can't change a rule 3 days before a game and not expect it to effect the result...especially when one team has been training with that rule all of pre season...

and its certainly a more valid excuse than..."its too cold" lol

lol teams dont train for shoulder charges you muppet

And people wonder why poms have a rep for whinging sheesh

roughyedspud

Coach
if you don't think melbourne & the rest of the NRL clubs have'nt had several session on how to tackle taking into account the "softcock tackling laws" then you lot are clueless :lol:

i'll offer short odds that a leeds player gets sin binned

Latest posts