What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have signed Chris Walker

eels_fan

First Grade
I see Humble taking the utility spot on the bench this year as a rotating halve/hooker and back up FB/Wing.

Forty20

First Grade
Gunning for a starting spot then, Colonel?

*EDIT*

Or perhaps a contract extension?

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Colonel!!! You gave me a mighty scare! :lol:

Guess we have to wait and see to know what you mean.

lingard

Coach
It's far from a pressing recruitment issue in my mind anyway.

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
...is exactly how we started 2010. The difference between 2009 and 2010 wasn't so much needing replacements or extra depth in these positions, it was the change in how they seemed to be receiving the ball in attack.

Wasn't aware of the Reddy situation.

Beyond the first choice 5 we could never keep a spare back with the quality/history of Inu under the cap for more than the one special year with back-ending etc. It was a shame to lose Wright, but we still have Humble probably as first choice to fill a gap, and Atkins as a recruit, juniors in various stages of preparedness as mentioned.

I guess that's kind of my point. This recruitment won't make one iota of difference. Hoping that the club gets on with doing something to assist the halves improve from 2010. Even if that means some improvements in the pack, to help the platform... but imo you don't achieve that with a winger of Walker's type.

Because Lord knows Daniel Anderson couldn`t. (Maybe the board`s already done something in that regard.)

lingard

Coach
well I didn't hear that bit..

we'll leave the Humble situation where it is for the time being..

Stagger, you mentioned previously that, in your opinion, Mortimer would have more of an impact on the team next year than Humble. I took that to mean that we would sign Orford and that Mortimer would play five-eight. But now I am very confused. Couldn`t you and/or The Colonel give us a little clue about Tom Humble? Just a little one? Please?

The Colonel

Immortal
Stagger, you mentioned previously that, in your opinion, Mortimer would have more of an impact on the team next year than Humble. I took that to mean that we would sign Orford and that Mortimer would play five-eight.

That would be right..... Mortimer will have more impact in the team with Orford, if he signs, playing at seven.

84 Baby

Referee
Stagger, you mentioned previously that, in your opinion, Mortimer would have more of an impact on the team next year than Humble. I took that to mean that we would sign Orford and that Mortimer would play five-eight. But now I am very confused. Couldn`t you and/or The Colonel give us a little clue about Tom Humble? Just a little one? Please?
Of course! So simple! Morts to bench as 4th prop

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I actually don t mind this signing. I mean on his day he can be pretty good out wide. He was quite good for the Titans and unfortunately didnt play many games cause of injuries.

So I welcome Chris to Parramatta hope he goes well. :)

jono

Juniors
Hope he goes well for us ,as well. His signing reminds me of Brett Plowman , even though they're two completely different types of back, Plowman came to us ex- broncos etc and past his prime , and didn't go TOO bad. Just wasn't the answer in the mid 90's to us going good either.

boxhead

First Grade
The Colonel has given us vague hints about Humble. He could be playing first-grade, he could be off the bench, he could be playing NSW Cup. Time will tell.