What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 Finals v NZW

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
@Aliceinwonderland Hopefully these trips down memory lane in some way help us fight of the onset of Dementia.
My lowest memory during that dark period was being flogged at home in the pissing rain by Canberra. I think it was the game that ended Royce's first grade coaching career.

Oh yes I remember and recall. Having Purtell on the wing. Going down on the supporter bus to Canberra, passing snow to be flogged by 70 odd. Then having to come back home.

A game at Newcastle where Penrith hadn't scored a try for 2 whole games. Being so excited when they finally bumbled their way over the line.

Today's Penrith team is like a dream come true.

Also the reason why I NEVER believe we will win by 50. They're the Johnny come latelys who do that. They don't have the horrible muscle memory of those losses.

I believe that no win is ever easy.

The Warriors will be hard work on Saturday. Webster to some extent knows where the bodies are buried and how the systems work too.

This means the Penrith brains trust will have to come up with new ideas. Quite nervous in fact about the game. Penrith will have to be brilliant.

martielang

Bench
I reckon I'd be running with this -

Edwards
Turuva
Crichton
Tago
To'o
Cogger
Cleary
JFH
Kenny / Luke
Leota
Sorensen / Garner
Martin
Yeo

Peachey
Leniu
Smith
Garner / Hoskings

I think Garner gets the nod in front of Hoskings for me. Hoskings has just run out of steam the back end but has had a cracking year. And I'm going Luke over Sommerton. Warriors can get loose up the middle, so think he can poke some holes in them.

Kilkenny

Coach
I reckon I'd be running with this -

Edwards
Turuva
Crichton
Tago
To'o
Cogger
Cleary
JFH
Kenny / Luke
Leota
Sorensen / Garner
Martin
Yeo

Peachey
Leniu
Smith
Garner / Hoskings

I think Garner gets the nod in front of Hoskings for me. Hoskings has just run out of steam the back end but has had a cracking year. And I'm going Luke over Sommerton. Warriors can get loose up the middle, so think he can poke some holes in them.
I hope Mitch is back, has had a great season and his defence is awesome.

Garner has come from no where really, wasn‘t exactly carving up in NSW Cup but was pretty good against the Cowboys.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think given the Warriors sacrifices over the last few years it is a small price to pay. Obviously not too convenient for us, but unlikely to be too many travelling Warriors fans make the game anyway.
They have a very strong support base here in Western Sydney so I expect they will be well represented.

The Warriors will carry the bulk of support from fans of sides no longer involved, rightfully so. Webster and his squad have done an amazing job.

BxTom

Bench
Oh yes I remember and recall. Having Purtell on the wing. Going down on the supporter bus to Canberra, passing snow to be flogged by 70 odd. Then having to come back home.

A game at Newcastle where Penrith hadn't scored a try for 2 whole games. Being so excited when they finally bumbled their way over the line.

Today's Penrith team is like a dream come true.

Also the reason why I NEVER believe we will win by 50. They're the Johnny come latelys who do that. They don't have the horrible muscle memory of those losses.

I believe that no win is ever easy.

The Warriors will be hard work on Saturday. Webster to some extent knows where the bodies are buried and how the systems work too.

This means the Penrith brains trust will have to come up with new ideas. Quite nervous in fact about the game. Penrith will have to be brilliant.
Yes, could be tricky. SJ is a little hot and cold, but when he's on, he can break games.

Iamback

Coach
I think given the Warriors sacrifices over the last few years it is a small price to pay. Obviously not too convenient for us, but unlikely to be too many travelling Warriors fans make the game anyway.

All of Mt Druitt will be there, Those who aren't Panthers fans are ex pat Kiwis.

Good draw for them really

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes, could be tricky. SJ is a little hot and cold, but when he's on, he can break games.
I confident we can shut SJ down.

I know we are without Luai but they are without their five eight as well who has been very good for them. Cogger just seems a good for fit whereas Te Marie Martin coming back from a long injury lay off.

Kilkenny

Coach
All of Mt Druitt will be there, Those who aren't Panthers fans are ex pat Kiwis.

Good draw for them really
Will certainly make for a great atmosphere.

Im really looking forward to it, not happy with tickets we got, but it is what it is.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is frustrating how Ticketek holds them back.
Wife got what she could get.

Logged on an hour ago and could have got brilliant tickets in the Western Stand.

It is what it is, as long as we win, I don’t care if the sun is in my eyes fir the entire game.

Just crave the win and get to the PF.

Iamback

Coach
Wife got what she could get.

Logged on an hour ago and could have got brilliant tickets in the Western Stand.

It is what it is, as long as we win, I don’t care if the sun is in my eyes fir the entire game.

Just crave the win and get to the PF.

I had the same issue.

Got Bay 37. Wanted my usual Bay 35.

You can't wait incase it is actually sold out

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
At least you both got tickets.

I can remember lining up outside the league's club at 6am for tickets in 2003 first final.

Was so happy to get tickets.

Some things just don't change.

Kilkenny

Coach
At least you both got tickets.

I can remember lining up outside the league's club at 6am for tickets in 2003 first final.

Was so happy to get tickets.

Some things just don't change.
I cant recall us ever missing out on tickets totally.

Didn't get tickets for our maiden GF but we weren’t ticketed members back then, tried but there were so few tickets available it was impossible. Couldn’t afford them anyway with two youngsters at that stage.

Weve bit the bullet this year and pre-purchased GF tickets.

If we don’t get there so be it at least don’t have to go thru the stress of mad Monday and the lottery of trying to get them.

Latest posts