What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Admitting Redcliffe is more akin to admitting Fremantle to AFL. If Redcliffe can match Fremantle for members and attendance then yeh, they'll be classed as a massive success!

Pneuma

First Grade
Admitting Redcliffe is more akin to admitting Fremantle to AFL. If Redcliffe can match Fremantle for members and attendance then yeh, they'll be classed as a massive success!
I have to keep reminding myself of two things.

1. Redcliffe were admitted ahead of a Perth team thus this blokes endless negative agenda in relation to them. Literally hundreds of posts in this thread.

2. His infatuation with with the AFL colours every post he makes here. Our game is in rude health at the moment and staring down a very optimistic future. Reading this blokes posts you’d think we were on the brink of death.

MugaB

Coach
You still don’t understand the difference lol
not all clubs are equal, therefore equity needs to be addressed.
this might help you
View attachment 69872
ps you do know that is the nrls responsibility dont you to create more jnrs in WA? they forcibly took over the WARL and assumed responsibility for the state
This dumb pic again, doesnt solve nothing when certian clubs have salary sombreos, or huge junior catchments of talent, good luck perf

Pneuma

First Grade
This dumb pic again, doesnt solve nothing when certian clubs have salary sombreos, or huge junior catchments of talent, good luck perf
We’re just out of our league with this monolith of knowalledness mate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why is it dumb? It shows perfectly the difference between equality and equity, a concept many seem to have difficulty understanding. If it doesn’t solve nothing, it must solve something :)

You have inadverntly made the point perf(sic)ectly. Not all clubs are the same so why have a system that treats them all the same?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Why is it dumb? It shows perfectly the difference between equality and equity, a concept many seem to have difficulty understanding. If it doesn’t solve nothing, it must solve something :)

You have inadverntly made the point perf(sic)ectly. Not all clubs are the same so why have a system that treats them all the same?
I had the AFL model of propping up clubs with extra cap and draft picks. The balance is never right because the clubs on the bottom rotate to the top...rinse and repeat.. they manufacture premierships. Horrible.
There's absolutely no way you can get it perfect, people will always complain that they got beat by concessions..
That's probably the biggest drawback of a PNG side, they could never compete with the same cap but if you give the extra and they pinch Torbo and win a comp... how are we supposed to enjoy that, especially Manly fans.. they'd probably walk away from the game.

For some reason AFL fans don't seem to mind as much but they cheer for a sport that gives you a point for missing..

Perth Red

Post Whore
I had the AFL model of propping up clubs with extra cap and draft picks. The balance is never right because the clubs on the bottom rotate to the top...rinse and repeat.. they manufacture premierships. Horrible.
There's absolutely no way you can get it perfect, people will always complain that they got beat by concessions..
That's probably the biggest drawback of a PNG side, they could never compete with the same cap but if you give the extra and they pinch Torbo and win a comp... how are we supposed to enjoy that, especially Manly fans.. they'd probably walk away from the game.

For some reason AFL fans don't seem to mind as much but they cheer for a sport that gives you a point for missing..
Nfl has draft picks as well, their fans don’t seem to mind it’s an equalisation method. I’d rather see all clubs strong than some and the others left to try and make ends meet. Maybe the massive increase in club grant will help equalise clubs, or maybe it will just make the rich richer and continue the inequality in the Comp.
it’s not like some clubs aren’t dominating and others just signing players whenever they want now is it?
id like to see support for the less rich clubs in helping them build their fanbase, brand, corporate appeal, pathways etc, the things that will make them more sustainable and better for the game. not just give extra money Willy Nilly.

New clubs need support to be competitive from yr1 otherwise your throwing $18mill ayear of the games money at a start up your setting up to struggle and possibly fail. That’s not smart business.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Nfl has draft picks as well, their fans don’t seem to mind it’s an equalisation method. I’d rather see all clubs strong than some and the others left to try and make ends meet. Maybe the massive increase in club grant will help equalise clubs, or maybe it will just make the rich richer and continue the inequality in the Comp.
it’s not like some clubs aren’t dominating and others just signing players whenever they want now is it?
id like to see support for the less rich clubs in helping them build their fanbase, brand, corporate appeal, pathways etc, the things that will make them more sustainable and better for the game. not just give extra money Willy Nilly.

New clubs need support to be competitive from yr1 otherwise your throwing $18mill ayear of the games money at a start up your setting up to struggle and possibly fail. That’s not smart business.
I strongly disagree.
We've had a lot of different Premiers over last 40 years. They have the same cap and the same grant.

There's no evidence that the NRL needs to become unequal!!

MugaB

Coach

I get the pic, but im against its method, i hate that you and others think that an expansion team needs a leg up, or a hand out more likely just to asset themselves into the competition, fmd do it on your own... there have been many teams that started from scratch and clawed their way up the ladder on and off the field, the only exception has been storm, but they got 3 folded teams worth of talent and millions to keep relative, no more of that shit, sink or swim...
Another good reason to support the dolphins this year, they built this all on their own, didn't wait for the NRL to hand them extra on the grant or any other concession... but yeah equity for a perth team ...please

Perth Red

Post Whore
Youve go
I strongly disagree.
We've had a lot of different Premiers over last 40 years. They have the same cap and the same grant.

There's no evidence that the NRL needs to become unequal!!
interestingly those disadvantaged clubs we are talking about, the likes of Newcastle, Auckland, cowboys, sharks, canberra etc have only had very fleeting one off successes in the last 30 years.

Not surprisingly those clubs with the money and or jnr bases or in Sydney for player attraction are the ones who’ve had regular success in the premiership race.
so yeh if you’re a Newcastle fan and happy with one gf every 30 years or so then it’s working fine!

MugaB

Coach
Youve go

interestingly those disadvantaged clubs we are talking about, the likes of Newcastle, Auckland, cowboys, sharks, canberra etc have only had very fleeting one off successes in the last 30 years.

Not surprisingly those clubs with the money and or jnr bases or in Sydney for player attraction are the ones who’ve had regular success in the premiership race.
so yeh if you’re a Newcastle fan and happy with one gf every 30 years or so then it’s working fine!
Penrith was one of those until recently, get your house in order, get your junior squads playing together for longer periods, manage the cap well, and yeah maybe youll see finals moreso

Perth Red

Post Whore
I get the pic, but im against its method, i hate that you and others think that an expansion team needs a leg up, or a hand out more likely just to asset themselves into the competition, fmd do it on your own... there have been many teams that started from scratch and clawed their way up the ladder on and off the field, the only exception has been storm, but they got 3 folded teams worth of talent and millions to keep relative, no more of that shit, sink or swim...
Another good reason to support the dolphins this year, they built this all on their own, didn't wait for the NRL to hand them extra on the grant or any other concession... but yeah equity for a perth team ...please
Fair enough, my view is very different. It’s not a level playing field,e specially for a new club, so the notion of “just do it yourself” is a bit rich.

as for dolphins they are a great example, with with all their advantages they can’t build a first up team that is likely to get outside the bottom 4m what chance a genuine expansion area? Dolphins have shown the current model is setting up some clubs for mediocrity, exactly what you dont want for a new club trying to establish itself and build a fanbase. It seems we learnt nothing from the titans.

as for new teams clawing up the ladder, Storm are the exception. The most recent clubs brought in other than them (titans, Auckland, cowboys (mostly) Newcastle) have hardly been consistent successs of the game have they? 2 went bust, 1 nearly did, 2 have never won a premiership and they have a number of wooden spoons between them.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Penrith was one of those until recently, get your house in order, get your junior squads playing together for longer periods, manage the cap well, and yeah maybe youll see finals moreso
You don’t think panthers advantage of massive jnr base and recent revenue turn around are key factors? Whilst most clubs can do much better in revenue generation not every club will have close to the advantages panthers have by chance in their population which has led to the growth of jnr participation. Or maybe all nrl clubs should offer PI’ers incentives to buy houses in their areas lol.

Pneuma

First Grade

So it it smart for your God Gil to throw countless millions at unsuccessful money pits like GWS? Oops I forgot. Your anti NRL agenda only works one way! AFL great. NRL bad. Gil = God. Peter = Devil.

Pneuma

First Grade
Fair enough, my view is very different. It’s not a level playing field,e specially for a new club, so the notion of “just do it yourself” is a bit rich.

as for dolphins they are a great example, with with all their advantages they can’t build a first up team that is likely to get outside the bottom 4m what chance a genuine expansion area? Dolphins have shown the current model is setting up some clubs for mediocrity, exactly what you dont want for a new club trying to establish itself and build a fanbase. It seems we learnt nothing from the titans.
I can only imagine how annoyed you will be if the Dolphins have a good start up year. I’m rooting for them!

Gobsmacked

Bench
Youve go

At the very most equal... everyone only wins every 16 years... now 17
That's with a perfect rotation, which makes me feel dirty just thinking about it.
It's not supposed to be easy. Some clubs have great coaches and players that span 15 years..
Likewise some have poor coaches and players for 15 years.
30 years sounds about right.
If you don't get your act together, you stay shit. If you keep your act together you keep winning.

Maybe you should go to Venezuela...

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's with a perfect rotation, which makes me feel dirty just thinking about it.
It's not supposed to be easy. Some clubs have great coaches and players that span 15 years..
If you don't get your act together, you stay shit. If you keep your act together you keep winning.

Or maybe the equality system is keeping some clubs at the top and some at the bottom as they are not all starting from the same level field?

Pneuma

First Grade

They have enough on their hands thank you!

Gobsmacked

Bench
Or maybe the equality system is keeping some clubs at the top and some at the bottom as they are not all starting from the same level field?
AFL is shit. I don't want that stupid communist bullshit in my game.
I wish you'd just buy some Dockers gear and leave us .
We like shit the way it is!! Love it actually.
You don't like it? f**k off.

Pneuma

First Grade

You might as well talk to a door. This bloke is never wrong. They post of yours above is perfectly logical. I’ve often thought that. I think it reviles old mate that clubs like the sharks are gaining traction financially, playing regularly in the finals growing their market and building a great junior base while owning their own ground. It goes against his narrative of negativity. Fact is as the game expands the chances of winning a grand final get slimmer. The great thing about the NRL compared to our major opponent is that players may not win a grand final but may get the opportunity for genuine representative honours and can end their careers with international and Origin wins under their belts. Something old mate would also find something to complain about!

Latest posts