What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Done Alan Tounge

Eddie.

Bench
Now normally i don't support the men in green, however I have to rise to my feet and stand for Alan Toungue. Any win over the Sattler lead Seagulls outfit is a win for the good guys in my humble opinion. I must say the Green side can be a very potent and entertaining outfit on their home turf and today was a very crisp performance with the ball in hand.

Getting back to my point on Alan Toungue. The man has given me nightmares over the years with all his try savers and creative play around the ruck against the Tigers. He has carved us up on many occasions.

I beleive he is the most deadly player at Bruce Stadium in the competition. His chasing off short kicks and his ability to put in teasing grubbers has been the un doing of many teams over the last few years. Just like his tip ons around the ruck and a little bit of foot work.

My point is people always go on about his guts and his traditional white beer gut, much like Mark Oneill for the Tigers. They think thats all he has to his game, spirit and attitude. However Tounge is actually a very skillful attacking lock. You wouldnt find many locks in the competition contributing to the attack around the ruck as Tounge does in Canberra and especially at Bruce Stadium.

Well Done Alan Tounge. A very good first grader.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Alan Tongue is still the best lock forward in the game, i dont care what anyone says, since BK's retirement Alan Tongue is #1

and im going to make a bold statement here, im suggesting in time canberras all time greatest team will be shifted around to accomidate alan tongue

Clyde moved to the 2nd row, Tongue to lock, now im not saying tongue is a better player, but imo he HAS GOTTA be in our greatest team, and lock is the best position for that

Mr Saab

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Clyde moved to the 2nd row, Tongue to lock, now im not saying tongue is a better player, but imo he HAS GOTTA be in our greatest team, and lock is the best position for that

Clyde, Croker, Furner...all better than Tongue and would have to be Canberras all time backrow

Raider_69

Post Whore
I was thinking about it during the game, and to be honest, the way alan tongue is going now, i think he might push furner to the bench in that back row... by no means will he have a more illustrious career as furner did but i think through his passion, his commitment, and his leadership, he'll force his way into our GOAT team

Iafeta

Referee
Good player, but I'd have Paul Gallen, Sonny Bill Williams and Toni Carroll before Alan Tongue just quietly.

Blaze

Juniors
the majority of neutrals would take SBW over Tounge.

He was rightly voted the most underated player in the NRL by his peers though.

icewind

Juniors
a back row of sbw, carroll and tongue would be awesome and you can keep the cat gallen.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tongue is crap, hence why he hasn't played any rep footy, a flopper and makes 3 metre hitups.

If he didn't have red hair and a weird surname he'd be know different to Lincoln Withers lol

Tongue has to be the most inspiratonal captain we have had , he plays his heart out everyweek and gets the results, our team grows another leg when he plays, as for rep football , Raiders players seem to be left out continually , go back as far as croker 94 for example, Tongue is another . Id have over any other lock / 2nd rower in the game today , because you what he is gonna deliver week in week out.

TGM

Juniors
Tongue is pure class and a gentleman to boot. He does all the little things right. He is always there backing up plays, always making tackles, always doing his bit. He isn't a flashy player as such, nor is he in the limelight for off-field antics (a dedicated family man), which tends to make him go unnoticed by the media and the spectators in general. But it's hard workers like him that make or break teams.

He is the best asset the Raiders have. I wish we had more like him.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Raidersrawesome said:
Tongue has to be the most inspiratonal captain we have had , he plays his heart out everyweek and gets the results, our team grows another leg when he plays, as for rep football , Raiders players seem to be left out continually , go back as far as croker 94 for example, Tongue is another . Id have over any other lock / 2nd rower in the game today , because you what he is gonna deliver week in week out.

The reason why he isn't selected is because he's not good enough, end of story. They'r e more qualified on selecting players then you or I. And Crocker played Rep footy, and was a gun player.

Ron Jeremy said:
Tongue is crap, hence why he hasn't played any rep footy, a flopper and makes 3 metre hitups.

If he didn't have red hair and a weird surname he'd be know different to Lincoln Withers lol

Your in a similar situation to your namesake, except his brains are between his legs, yours came out your arse a long time ago and never came back.

Latest posts