What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done refs!!! (after game one)

forby

Juniors
On Friday night For 10 minutes ther were no penalties and Penrith were on top. Then the referees decide to get involved and give the Titans 5 straight penalties which completely changed the game.
How can a game have no penalties then suddenly the refs decide one team is so bad they need to penalise them out of the game? Doesn’t make sense to me.
The referees have too much influence on games, and too often tend to penalise one team for offences that they allow the other way. It is not always the penalties they give, but the ones they don’t for similar offences.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Didn’t explain all the dropped ball though. It was a snore fest.

It was a snore fest because of the way it was reffed. You get dropped ball because you're playing against a constantly set line. Dogs were blatantly slowing down the game.

We seem to be hearing it a lot about shit games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only a matter of time before teams started to exploit the refs leniency. Well done bulldogs, you’ve brought the whistle back for next week lol

gerg

Juniors
Only a matter of time before teams started to exploit the refs leniency. Well done bulldogs, you’ve brought the whistle back for next week lol

The Storm have been committing rape in the ruck for the past decade. The nerve of a Storm fan complaining about another side?

Canard

Immortal
Until the NRL do something about deliberate penalties on the try line, the Roosters and Storm will continue to dominate.

TIGER14

Bench
I thought Grant Atkins was supposed to be getting demoted after the Nene Macdonald injury stuff up last week?
How did he end up getting to referee the GF replay? Doesn't really sound like a demotion....

Valheru

Coach
Until the NRL do something about deliberate penalties on the try line, the Roosters and Storm will continue to dominate.

Roosters received 5 penalties last night.

2 for ikavalu getting tackled in the air, 1 for a high shot in the first minute of the game and 1 for vunivalu passing off the ground. The other was a grapple tackle in the 18th minute.

So if Melbourne are deliberately giving penalties away on their own line they didn't try hard enough last night.

Pommy

Coach
On Friday night For 10 minutes ther were no penalties and Penrith were on top. Then the referees decide to get involved and give the Titans 5 straight penalties which completely changed the game.
How can a game have no penalties then suddenly the refs decide one team is so bad they need to penalise them out of the game? Doesn’t make sense to me.
The referees have too much influence on games, and too often tend to penalise one team for offences that they allow the other
way. It is not always the penalties they give, but the ones they don’t for similar offences.

I didn’t see the game but it is totally possible that one side could commit 5 straight penalties.
I hate this argument and the fact the refs don’t blow penalties just fuels this argument.
Penalty counts should only be equal if the teams have committed the same number of penalties.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Penalty counts should only be equal if the teams have committed the same number of penalties.

IMO as fans we tend to see refs even up penalty counts however when I look at it objectively penalty counts even up with possession. A team may have all the early ball and get a few penalties but when possession swings, the opposition then seem to get the calls. I think it’s a bit of an illusion.

Zadar

Juniors
IMO as fans we tend to see refs even up penalty counts however when I look at it objectively penalty counts even up with possession. A team may have all the early ball and get a few penalties but when possession swings, the opposition then seem to get the calls. I think it’s a bit of an illusion.

You would think that would be the case, but the roosters have started the season 5-1, they have dominated teams obviously at some point during games and dominated possession, yet they are the only team in the comp to not have won a penalty count.

I’m sure that if they win one penalty count this year, they will probably lose the game. Interesting stat though.