What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Slater, Monahgan, and Williams..

hutch

First Grade
they made some brain explosions but for the most part they had good games, Monaghan has been good all year. NZ were the better side, just accept it.

spot on. we didnt lose because of a couple of mistakes, nz were the better team on the night and had a fair amount of luck. monaghan didnt have a bad game at all, and has been good all tournament.

hutch

First Grade
Well I have been calling for him not be selected for Aus since last season,berk.People you forget origin 1 this year.He has a history of making costly mistakes.Not what you want from a fullback.I said then NSW best chance of winning was Billy playing for QLD.

you must be really upset and embarrassed when he was named the best player in the world the other night then, and deserves to win the golden boot next week. but yeah, all the good rugby league judges on earth are wrong, and you're right!

aqua_duck

Coach
totally agree.

I'm sure they're both miserable today but neither of them had shockers. no one in the team played their best and the whole thing was just kinda ... flat. they had no mojo.

I will say though that I didn't even know inglis was on the field till he scored that try.
Least Inglis didn't cough up possession 3 times in his own half.....
Bet you would've noticed Inglis more if he got bundled into touch on the 1st tackle...

Mr Saab

Referee
If you can't remember Slaters performance in the 06 gf, safe to say you are missing a frontal lobe.

Slater was almost MOM in the 06 GF.

You are obsessed with the MOM fact arent you. Did you speak to the MOM judges on the night?
Stop talking out of your arse Misty.....
Oh who won the GF in 2006? Brisbane....they shut down the Storm all night, restricted them to 8 lousy points. Brisbane played saftey first football and added another trophy to the cupboard.

VonVolks

Juniors
What's up with all the Slater lovers defending him saying "he only made one mistake" as an excuse.

1. That mistake cost Aus the game.
2. It wasn't his only mistake. In fact that incident was 2 individual errors Both rookie mistakes.
A: Going outside = fail.
B. Throwing suicide pass = madness

3. Over and above that incident, 2 other Kiwi tries blew straight through "the worlds greatest fullback" whereas Kiwi fullback Lance Hohaia showed what a fullbacks MAIN JOB is by holding up Israel Folau when he got over to save a try.

All this talk of setting up tries is crap. A Fullback is there to stop the opposition scoring. Slater failed twice, and actually gifted them a third. If Slater wants to be a scoring hero, let him play on the wing.

Johns Magic

Referee
whereas Kiwi fullback Lance Hohaia showed what a fullbacks MAIN JOB is by holding up Israel Folau when he got over to save a try.

What a moment that was to lift your team when it needed it most.

The smallest vs the biggest player in the NRL, and he hung on.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
too right mate, primary job last line of defense and Hohaia the halfback showed the worlds greatest fullback exactly how to do that

hutch

First Grade
What's up with all the Slater lovers defending him saying "he only made one mistake" as an excuse.

no it didnt. nz were the better team on the night, one mistake didnt lose us the game.

mxlegend99

Referee

That mistake cost Australia 4 points.

Lockyer dropped an easy try... that cost us atleast 4 points. (potentially 6)
Thurston missed a couple of kicks... that also cost us 4 points.

While Slaters mistake was stupid... he didn't cost Australia anymore points then Lockyer and Thurston did. If Lockyer hadn't bombed that try, and Thurston hadn't had a terrible night with his goalkicking, Australia could have been up 18-0 rather then the 10-6 scoreline which happened just after Lockyer bombed that try.

Johns Magic

Referee
In the context of the match Slater's mistake was pretty much the game.

And unlike the other two you mentioned, his was from sheer idiocy and egoism.

Mr Saab

Referee
In the context of the match Slater's mistake was pretty much the game.

And unlike the other two you mentioned, his was from sheer idiocy and egoism.

Exactly. I can forgive a Lockyer or a Simms (as hard as that is) for their stuff ups, but Slaters was just dumb dumb dumb. He wanted to make the highlight reels and showoff just how good he is when what was called for was safey first football....run the ball back and start the set of six.
Slater cost Australia the cup....no two ways about it.

^Agreed. That was a monumental f*ck up from Slater, and i'm glad it happened to him.

I know I'm a Raiders fan but I don't think anyone should be pointing the finger at Monaghan, he made a tough decision on a whim and a lot of much better players would of made the same decision. And who's to say it was the wrong decision? Hohaia is quick, he could very well of got there ahead of Slater.

rlo

Juniors
regarding JT's goal-kicking, I remember Origin III this year, Thurston was missing quite a bit, I guess it's the pressure that's catching up to him, and he's not able to hook the ball as much. His goal-kicking (and subsequent misses during the final) made Cam Smith look even more impotent.

TFS85

Juniors
The Aussies lost because they got too cocky.... they just assumed they had it in the bag. "The Kiwis might as well go home after the Haka". LMFAO at the Aussies.

So good to see Slater f%#k up like that - its about time he came down a peg or two. I for one am happy about it - He is the biggest w%#nker in league today.

NZ wanted it more and came good when it counted.

Maybe we did have a bit of luck but its about bloody time the rub of the green went the other way a bit.

Conspiracy theory ....youve got to be kidding. Sore losers more like it.

VonVolks

Juniors
Jeez Hutch I don't mean it literally, but you know exactly what I do mean.

I could say Lockyer's dropped try "cost them the game" cos I reckon if he had scored it was game over, but that was an honest error, and Locky played a blinder.
Slater played sh*te all game, and that error was totally in his control and was ALSO at a very critical moment momentum wise.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i said the whole time mr 'wolfman' is not a decent player, we saw it....
he should have been nowhere near the squad, much like watmough.
Throw in hayne on the wing anyday!

Latest posts