What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

insert.pause

First Grade
it works in those states where most people are either too stupid or ignorant to distinguish between codes and call league 'rugby'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The new branding

10857981_10205624574912480_1154743855984791667_n.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hot on the heels of the launch of the Ellenbrook Rabbitohs Jnr RL club the Kwinana Wolves will launch in the new year. It will be a joint Union and League club which should be interesting!

10888893_10205756089760269_5533385490351220227_n.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I can see the VRL and TRL rebranding (don't really have a problem with it either tbh) but considering the NRL couldn't even get the NSWRL & CRL to merge into a single state body I doubt they or the QRL will be changing anytime soon.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I can see the VRL and TRL rebranding (don't really have a problem with it either tbh) but considering the NRL couldn't even get the NSWRL & CRL to merge into a single state body I doubt they or the QRL will be changing anytime soon.

Actually, these days they are basically the same organisation (they both act as subsidiaries to the ARLC, so there will be no waste in overlap or stalled communication, which would be the only goals of a United state body anyway); the reasoning behind maintaining the separate logos is to continue City-Country.

I like that they have kept the NSWRL/QRL/CRL logos just for the history. NRL-- is necessary in the other states to identify the sport to casual fans, but in the Eastern States -RL is already famous enough.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Funnily enough, I saw a teenager in Civic wearing a Pirates jersey today, not something you'd expected to see in Canberra.

The Pirates are making quite the impression.

oikee

Juniors
I would like to see the Nines expanded all across the 3 bottom states, as soon as possible.

Perth have to get a team into the NRL, if only to save the poor people of Perth who much the same as Victoria, get bombarded with nothing more than AFL news 24/7 52 weeks a year.

They have little knowledge of sport outside this code.
They need saving, from themselves.
It is unhealthy not to know of all the world sports out their and it reduces your brain cells and thinking capacity to virtually that of a lemming.

Nines will allow those fans to quickly engage in a fast superior sport and open their minds to a new world, a new dawn.
I just hope we are not too late.
Same should be done in Melbourne, move in and expand the nines to every school.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Perth makes the most sense for any expansion side. Existing stadium, eastern ex-pats, and a good timeslot for games. I hope it ends up happening.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That probiz black jersey with red and gold thick v is my fave. Unique in NRL and tips a nod to the old western reds colours. The red then works as a good alternate but we 'd only need to wear it when we played Penrith.

(Apologies for the random bump)

Im actually coming around to the idea of WCP playing in a V jersey; though i do maintain it is over-used by the current teams and a WCp should be a unique template.

Personally, id love to see them use the Roosters 2014-away template...

png4567_60.png

png5988_60.png

sorry for the shitty quality....

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd be happy with that! Be nice to include some pirate related design somewhere in it without being over the top.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm liking the look of the Jnr academy pirates kit for this years tour. Would work well as an NRL jersey?

10830443_978307775530454_7108868292893247023_o.jpg

10923754_978306272197271_741964927405602176_o.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Turns out those were training jerseys, actual jerseys for Pirates this year are (I think this is probably the away with the home being same design but red rather than white). looks a lot better with black side panels rather than weird tangerine we have had for last two years.

10924224_978737738820791_8007048597239478246_o.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
white one or grey one, or both?

We have a few years to get it right! This is an improvement on last years, hopefully next is even better. Black, red and yellow/gold will be our brand colours, we just need to come up with iconic jumper to represent them. I hope we come up with a really good classic design for our first few years, an amazing pirate themed nines jersey and a WA representing alternate. Having a Western Reds historic jersey for heritage round would be nice as well.

The Great Dane

First Grade
If the grey training jersey was going to be the home and away design the best way to do it would be to have the sleeves black and have the design on the chest continue onto the side panels to make the hoops go right around the jersey. Then for the away jersey just invert the black and grey.

Then hey presto you've got a unique jersey design that looks pretty cool without it being really out there.

As for the white jersey. I don't think it looks bad, it's a bit boring and as far as the V goes it's been done to death, but it's not a terrible jersey.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Did it get a run in that erstwhile publication The Worst Australian or ch 7,or 9, I heard Zemplas the other day interrupt Mills on 6PR when he started talking about RL we don't want to talk about that says Basil, lets talk about some 3rd rate trial with the Weagles and Sprockers.
Dear Basil ignorance personified