What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

gallagher

Juniors
Harden up fellas.

I paid $35 to stand on the hill at Leichhardt last month...

I assume you actually get a seat in Perth for your money...

I must be just out of touch, I've only been to ANZ or Allianz in the last 8 years.
The seats on the hill at Leichhardt, are they reserved seating these days?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think fans here are a bit jaded of all the non action on expansion. I'm expecting around 17k. They've only just started advertising and tickets are more expensive this year, $50 for gold reserved, that's a lot of money to sit on the try line.

taipan

Referee
Lmfao Sharks are part of the NRL,the Pirates.?.............fill in the banks.

FFS a decision on expansion will be made yeah or nay years end.Pirates are not the only bid team sweating on the decision.:crazy:
Hope you get in,but spare me the constant whining.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Another over 20,272 record crowd, maybe I missed the publicity,as it did not appear to be mentioned on the sports shows I heard, not mentioned on 6PR,missed a mention in Fridays West or Worst Aust the clown Gossage on Ch10 only mentions RL to laugh at it.
The local ABC must still have a snit on RL because they don't even give scores of the NRL on the News at 7pm,Ch 9 what can you say, and Ch 7 no show either,on 6PR Basil Zempilas wont permit RL to be mentioned in the breakfast radio show when his co host tried Basil shouted him down.
But the NRL keeps showing up and the crowds keep turning up,saw Smith at NIB today, good day spoiled by the Warriors complete capitulation to Souths hope for a better show next year.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not much publicity for the game,e this year which makes the crowd even more impressive. Game was a sell,out pre kick off and they were turning people away. The fans have spoken, give us a club you NRL merkins!

They should forget that AFL dump called Perth.

Expand where there are really league followers.

Another Queensland side and a second NZ team.

Perth is a waste of time

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The first game-day match thread between West Coast and Cronulla will be immense. A decade+ of shit-talk to build it up. Looking forward to it.

TheDalek079

Bench
Meh. Perth is overrated. Even Hobart is more exciting than boring ol' Perth. and wouldn't pay too much attention to the crowd figures. 20k once a year is nothing to write home about. Wellington, Christchurch get that whenever NRL shows up

Perth Red

Post Whore
SOUTHS coach Michael Maguire coneceded the NRL would be looking at a Perth expansion team after a record crowd turned out for their win over the Warriors.

NIB Stadium was packed to the rafters with 20,272 fans showing that rugby league is alive and kicking in the west and Maguire believes the NRL will have taken notice.

“It’s not up to me,” Maguire said with a laugh when asked about a potential Perth NRL team.

“But if you get crowds like that you never know and I’m sure the game will be looking at how the people of Perth turned out.”
Rabbitohs skipper Greg Inglis echoed his coach’s sentiments when asked about the atmosphere out in the middle during the game.
“I think it was terrific as Madge (Maguire) alluded to seeing a crowd turn out like that is amazing,” Inglis said.
“We’ve been coming over here for a number of years now and seeing a crowd turn up like that makes a great atmosphere and it’s a great ground to play at.”

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/calls...44057455635498&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Perth Red

Post Whore
Once again NIB Stadium was packed to the rafters, with a ground record 20,272 fans on hand to see Souths and the Warriors do battle for the third year in a row. You can hardly call yourself the NATIONAL Rugby League if you only have teams in three states so it’s high time for an expansion team in Perth where there is a great appetite for the game.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/learned-rabbitohs-warriors/

flippikat

Bench
Meh. Perth is overrated. Even Hobart is more exciting than boring ol' Perth. and wouldn't pay too much attention to the crowd figures. 20k once a year is nothing to write home about. Wellington, Christchurch get that whenever NRL shows up

The one big thing that knockers of Perth ignore is that Perth offers a new timezone - one that's sure to interest TV executives.

All of a sudden 9:30pm (East Coast time) kickoffs on Friday or Saturday night become an option.

Latest posts