What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Colk

First Grade
yeh it doesnt really fit the Reds or Pirates brands. West Coast 49'ers?

What is a 49’er? Someone from a district? From a particular year - the Californian Gold Rush for example? I have no interest in gridiron but that to me seems a strange logo/brand name from an outsider

Perth Red

Post Whore
What is a 49’er? Someone from a district? From a particular year - the Californian Gold Rush for example? I have no interest in gridiron but that to me seems a strange logo/brand name from an outsider
gold rush era in California, which just so happens to be same as our Kalgoorlie gold rush years in WA.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pilbara RL adopted these colours a few years ago. Could be orange for the soil in our bush in our north, silver for the uranium mined and black for the swan representing perth. Its a shame turquoise is taken by Titans, burnt orange and turquoise would be something.

prl.jpg
prl2.jpg

DIOGENES

Juniors
Are you really in WA.? The NSW/Vic goldrushes started in the late 1840s at the same time as California but Paddy Hanna didn’t find gold In Kalgoorlie until 1893 (Coolgardie was a few years earlier)
West Coast 93s doesn’t have a ring to it

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are you really in WA.? The NSW/Vic goldrushes started in the late 1840s at the same time as California but Paddy Hanna didn’t find gold In Kalgoorlie until 1893 (Coolgardie was a few years earlier)
West Coast 93s doesn’t have a ring to it
Bit dyscalic, was thinking 94 not 49 lol