What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Pippen94

First Grade
Isnt the point of the broadcast deal to also support the finances of the NRL clubs, revenue sharing? A bunch of that to spread around to grassroots but also to prop up clubs operating at or near loss.

But the NRL needs to ensure the next deal brings a lot more in than the last deal they accepted.

Point of broadcast deal is to make money. Bris 3 makes more money than Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cherry picked last stand alone game. You got back to 2012 (?) Lol
What’s the Perth crowd avg over last ten years? Far more relevant than one off games you decide to be more relevant than others,

why is last stand alone game more relevant than this years two games? or all the other stad. Alone games before it? Oh yeh it suits your bs argument lol

Nuke

Staff member
NRL is big here in Perth.
Not anywhere compared to aussie rules or cricket, but big none-the-less. I'm always seeing NRL jerseys, shorts, polos, car bumper stickers, ect, around the place ... and I'm not talking about while at local League games, trainings, events, ect. I'm talking driving to and from work, buying milk at the shops, going for walks with the missus.

I've been in WA since I was a kid. I'm now in my 40s.

League here is big, but get Perth an NRL team, just as what happened 30yrs ago, watch it soar in WA.

Colk

First Grade
NRL is big here in Perth.
Not anywhere compared to aussie rules or cricket, but big none-the-less. I'm always seeing NRL jerseys, shorts, polos, car bumper stickers, ect, around the place ... and I'm not talking about while at local League games, trainings, events, ect. I'm talking driving to and from work, buying milk at the shops, going for walks with the missus.

I've been in WA since I was a kid. I'm now in my 40s.

League here is big, but get Perth an NRL team, just as what happened 30yrs ago, watch it soar in WA.

I wouldn’t worry about him: that poster has probably never left Sydney.

Pippen94

First Grade
They don’t have a side, so I wouldn’t expect it to be big. It also doesn’t have to be big, it just has to capture an active audience.

Seriously it is the dumbest argument people make: they don’t like the product that we don’t sell to them.

This chestnut from the same ppl who are scared shitless about the Matildas.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Only argument for Perth is it's population. Solution; wait.
20 years case will be stronger
The argument for Perth is there would be no place in Australia where you could increase the participation rate in the game as quickly for the money invested than Perth. Whether that ends up being amateur club players or NRL players down the line.

The case study is already there, just compare the participation rate in WA from 1990 to 1997 and look at the crazy growth that was achieved and subsequently squandered.

Pippen94

First Grade
Trollity troll troll

The argument for Perth is there would be no place in Australia where you could increase the participation rate in the game as quickly for the money invested than Perth. Whether that ends up being amateur club players or NRL players down the line.

The case study is already there, just compare the participation rate in WA from 1990 to 1997 and look at the crazy growth that was achieved and subsequently squandered.

You'd increase participation faster where u have infrastructure.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That makes no sense, even for you. Surely if the infrastructure is already there the participation rate would be as well?

in early 90’s we had 10k players, now 4k. I doubt there is anywhere with the potential to add 6k to participation rates as quickly as WA might.

Dragonwest

Juniors
True as long as that existing infrastructure is not already located in a flooded market.

There are 12 local clubs in Perth that are far from flooded across their age groups. I'd have a guess at Rockingham would be the only club entering a team in every available competition.

In that 1990-1997 time period mentioned prior you could list at least 6 clubs that popped up during that time period.

Colk

First Grade
This chestnut from the same ppl who are scared shitless about the Matildas.

Assuming again. I have actually enjoyed the Matildas and the World Cup.

In fact, the rise of Matildas and the popularity of them at this World Cup proves my point, not yours.