What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Colk

First Grade
Nah, ur a hypocrite. Siding with nutty poster over government agency is a bit strange too, tho not surprising..

Big words.

That government agency never mentioned numbers. Essentially nobody knows the numbers; or at least haven’t released them.

You suggested that the audience were mostly (i.e more than half) from the east coast yet haven’t supplied one bit of concrete evidence to support that claim. When you make a claim (you’re the one making it remember) you back it up with evidence. That’s how these things work in the real world.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's dreaming lol

The 2018 NRL round one double-header is conservatively expected to attract between 40,000 and 45,000 people, about 3,000 from interstate, with an overall economic contribution to Western Australia of $2.25 million.

Perth Red

Post Whore
"It brought over 3,000 people from interstate, which kind of surprised me being a week-to-week round of games, but it shows people are willing to come," Tourism Minister Paul Papalia said.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So the 2018 games brought just over 3,000 interstate visitors. Fair to assume this one would have been similar. Pippen you're a moron lol.

Colk

First Grade
He's dreaming lol

The 2018 NRL round one double-header is conservatively expected to attract between 40,000 and 45,000 people, about 3,000 from interstate, with an overall economic contribution to Western Australia of $2.25 million.

Well there you go.

3,000 is a bit less than 23,000. It would be unlikely to see more than a 700% increase in east coast visitors just five years later.

MugaB

Coach
Nope, I said there were 40k RL participants in WA. Which there is very close to. Why do you feel the need to lie so much?

30,168 touch football participants
4,000 registered full contact players
6 SHS programs
plus various RL participation program's in schools and communities

But again dumbo tell us how more than 10k fans travelled to perth last weekend lol.
Quick give Perth an NRL touch licence!!!!
Seriously your math is hilarious, 40k isnt 34168 plus 6 shs programs (probably 2k if that, being very generous)... and youve mentioned how many east coast people attended the double header, yet you weren't there to attend and you're a local...
Please PR you need to talk shit less

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
Wow what an absolute crap response even for you.

Let’s locate a one off example from 20 odd years ago against a whole mountain of other evidence.

Have to go back then to last event of the same magnitude. Actually, FIFA world cup may be even more rare, as Brisbane Olympics will be 2nd Aussie edition in many ppl's lifetimes (Perth red & Dane probably around in 1956 tho).

Bukowski

Juniors
I remember the moron and his parrot saying that perth would get low crowds , with no away fans because no one would travel that far to watch a game of footy. But 23k did it.
There's gonna be some huge attendances at HBF.

Colk

First Grade
Was that this year?!

2018. Read the article. It even has a quote from the WA tourism minister (at that time)

Your argument then is that there were 3,000 visitors from the east coast in 2018 and then it jumped to 23,000 five years later?

What is most likely do you think?

Pippen94

First Grade
2018. Read the article. It even has a quote from the WA tourism minister (at that time)

Your argument then is that there were 3,000 visitors from the east coast in 2018 and then it jumped to 23,000 five years later?

So what was the number for this year?!

Colk

First Grade
Have to go back then to last event of the same magnitude. Actually, FIFA world cup may be even more rare, as Brisbane Olympics will be 2nd Aussie edition in many ppl's lifetimes (Perth red & Dane probably around in 1956 tho).

Your argument is that an isolated example over 20 years ago shows that women sport hasn’t increased in popularity.

This example doesn’t explain why we have new professional competitions for women or why audiences and investment has trended upwards across the board in female sport.

Now I understand why you want to win a point but unless you want to show where these figures are wrong then I think it is pretty clear.

MugaB

Coach

I doubt that either are facts, the tourism minister for WA might also be guessing, some folk could easily have a long holiday over a perth, and come in a week earlier or later and caught the game and are not counted, unless you have to have shown discernible proof at the game when buying a ticket or at the turnstiles that you are from interstate, via a drivers licence, (which most kids dont have)
This estimate argument is over

Colk

First Grade
I doubt that either are facts, the tourism minister for WA might also be guessing, some folk could easily have a long holiday over a perth, and come in a week earlier or later and caught the game and are not counted

I would trust he would have a better idea than old Pippy.

Don’t forget that Pip wanted to use a government press release to suggest his point of view (even though it didn’t show any numbers) so I am just calling out his unsubstantiated claim.

Bukowski

Juniors
I doubt that either are facts, the tourism minister for WA might also be guessing, some folk could easily have a long holiday over a perth, and come in a week earlier or later and caught the game and are not counted, unless you have to have shown discernible proof at the game when buying a ticket or at the turnstiles that you are from interstate, via a drivers licence, (which most kids dont have)
This estimate argument is over
Could they be getting the data from ticketmaster? Most tickets would have been bought in advance, I assume ticket master would know where the person was when buying.

MugaB

Coach
Could they be getting the data from ticketmaster? Most tickets would have been bought in advance, I assume ticket master would know where the person was when buying.
I doubt that its correct even if thats rightly how they came up with the figures as a person can by 10 tix in sydney for his extended family who lives locally in WA or vice versa , my guestimate is that they would have seen the increase in the flights of folk coming in, but that still doesn't account for holiday people that didn't attend the game... 3k vs 23k are both BS claims there will never be an answer

Last edited:

Bukowski

Juniors
I doubt that its correct even if thats rightly how they came up with the figures as a person can by 1 tix in sydney for his extended family who lives locally in WA or vice versa , my guestimate is that they would have seen the increase in the flights of folk coming in, but that still doesn't account for holiday people that didn't attend the game... 3k vs 23k are both BS claims there will never be an answer
True, nothing would be totally accurate.

Latest posts