What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Teams sharing a name in the same Australian sporting market is more an issue and probably not ideal, compared to different leagues in different countries. But Richmond Tigers and Wests Tigers don't have an issue.

Worse/weirder tho, in the QLD Cup you have both Wynnum-Manly and Tweed Heads sharing the Seagulls name without issue. I can't think of a league in the world where teams within the league share the same name.
The stupid poms over in SL were happy with Toronto calling themselves the Wolfpack while the Warrington Wolves are an established SL brand. I thought that was phenomenally stupid. What’s the point of a moniker if it’s not going to be unique and identify you amongst your colleagues?

Pippen94

First Grade
Your argument is that an isolated example over 20 years ago shows that women sport hasn’t increased in popularity.

This example doesn’t explain why we have new professional competitions for women or why audiences and investment has trended upwards across the board in female sport.

Now I understand why you want to win a point but unless you want to show where these figures are wrong then I think it is pretty clear.

No, it shows Aussies get behind our athletes at important global events.

The highest drawing women's sport here in netball is going bust. Rest are propped by men's leagues. Hardly say any are sustainable or successful ATM..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Quick give Perth an NRL touch licence!!!!
Seriously your math is hilarious, 40k isnt 34168 plus 6 shs programs (probably 2k if that, being very generous)... and youve mentioned how many east coast people attended the double header, yet you weren't there to attend and you're a local...
Please PR you need to talk shit less
Get off the crack it’s frying your brain

Perth Red

Post Whore
So what was the number for this year?!
Probably the same as in 2018. around 3,000.
Certainly not even close to over 10k lol give it up youve lost this one, as per usual.

40k west coast rl fans at the game, I’m calling it. Perth nrl club come on down

Perth Red

Post Whore
I doubt that either are facts, the tourism minister for WA might also be guessing, some folk could easily have a long holiday over a perth, and come in a week earlier or later and caught the game and are not counted, unless you have to have shown discernible proof at the game when buying a ticket or at the turnstiles that you are from interstate, via a drivers licence, (which most kids dont have)
This estimate argument is over
99% of tickets are bought online, they’ll know where they are being bought from.

MugaB

Coach
99% of tickets are bought online, they’ll know where they are being bought from.
For WHo tho? Thats the point dipshit.. i went to a gold coast titans vs dolphins game last july, i live in parra, and go for penrith, i bought 14 tix for my family who live up there, and for a few friends and family that travelled with us... do the math on whos local or interstate from that 14 tix paid, then apply that to you attendance at optus for the double header

Perth Red

Post Whore
For WHo tho? Thats the point dipshit.. i went to a gold coast titans vs dolphins game last july, i live in parra, and go for penrith, i bought 14 tix for my family who live up there, and for a few friends and family that travelled with us... do the math on whos local or interstate from that 14 tix paid, then apply that to you attendance at optus for the double header
Haha you think that equates to thousands? Please.
I’d think given the millions they spend the wa tourism Dept would have a good idea of how may interstate visitors these events are attracting!

3000 for the previous one.

No, it shows Aussies get behind our athletes at important global events.

The highest drawing women's sport here in netball is going bust. Rest are propped by men's leagues. Hardly say any are sustainable or successful ATM..

The sad truth is professional women's sports leagues are propped up by the broadcast rights generated by men's Leagues.

The WNBA relies on income generated by the NBA. The WSL in England relies on the EPL. The NRLW, AFLW and BBLW rely on the NRL, AFL and BBL.

He's dreaming lol

The 2018 NRL round one double-header is conservatively expected to attract between 40,000 and 45,000 people, about 3,000 from interstate, with an overall economic contribution to Western Australia of $2.25 million.

It shows our game has a future in Perth. I'll be happy to see them as the 18th team. I think all rugby league fans will be proud to have a team from Perth competing in the NRL.

MugaB

Coach
Haha you think that equates to thousands? Please.
I’d think given the millions they spend the wa tourism Dept would have a good idea of how may interstate visitors these events are attracting!

3000 for the previous one.
Well it doesnt equate to anything all it suggests is there is 3000 tickets purchased by folks non locally.

There could have been another 500-1000 that bought tix the day of who flew on from interstate or rocked up literally before kick off, not saying all of these happened, but it cannot be discounted nor can you solidfy the actual amount by any measure, either way we know you are 100% biased on your opinion on 3000 or less and whatever makes perf look good.. i am neither nor do i care, just saying there is no way you could know, given my example on the tits V phins match

Colk

First Grade
Well it doesnt equate to anything all it suggests is there is 3000 tickets purchased by folks non locally.

There could have been another 500-1000 that bought tix the day of who flew on from interstate or rocked up literally before kick off, not saying all of these happened, but it cannot be discounted nor can you solidfy the actual amount by any measure, either way we know you are 100% biased on your opinion on 3000 or less and whatever makes perf look good.. i am neither nor do i care, just saying there is no way you could know, given my example on the tits V phins match

Even if that were the case and I agree that there wouldn’t ever be an official number, it is quite a deal less than mostly east coast.

MugaB

Coach
Even if that were the case and I agree that there wouldn’t ever be an official number, it is quite a deal less than mostly east coast.
Agreed, most definitely, its playing in WA, your gonna get 3/4 or more being way over on the otherside of the country, but seriously to put an actual number on it is just lying