What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Perth Red

Post Whore
Early photo of the perth pumas colts team. Maybe a jersey dEwing like this for pirates seeing as dolphins have stolen what should have been our colours.

IMG_1377.jpeg

MugaB

Coach
Early photo of the perth pumas colts team. Maybe a jersey dEwing like this for pirates seeing as dolphins have stolen what should have been our colours.

View attachment 78464
Kinda think its the same colors anyways, and in reality its close to penrith aswell
What you guys should be looking at is leaning into what makes WA colors (usually Black/Gold) then pick something very obscure that is unique to the rest of the comp like what the raiders (lime) and storm (purple) have done as the main color... in seeing the knights last game i reckon orange would pop, then add the WA colors to it, for instance the raiders or ACT colors were blue and gold, they keep them as the secondary trims.
Pirates or Pumas whoever you guys are going to be..
Orange with black and gold strips..
It would work well for the throwbacks of the 90s heritage jerseys too

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Other option could be orange/tangerine, gold and white which is quite a nice combo. Doesnt really work for Pirates though. View attachment 78480
Certainly cant call them Reds tho...
I would be adding black and gold stripes at least on the sleeves, just recently watching a few news clips on papanhauzen returning, he looked mighty good in that falcons kit... maybe do what dane said double down on the WA colors Black Gold, Trim of white.
Still can use the old reds design as a heritage as its mostly black and white

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mugs jersey is a winner

eyecatching
got too much the jamaican vibes for me. I hope we go with a classic design that we stick with year on year and create brand awareness with. The more recent clubs to join NRL seem to struggle withthat and consistently changing their designs and even colours. Doesnt help with brand recognition. MugaB design would be a one year wonder before they swapped to another weird jersey shape.

Wb1234

Referee
got too much the jamaican vibes for me. I hope we go with a classic design that we stick with year on year and create brand awareness with. The more recent clubs to join NRL seem to struggle withthat and consistently changing their designs and even colours. Doesnt help with brand recognition. MugaB design would be a one year wonder before they swapped to another weird jersey shape.
Jamaican
Me
Crazy

anyway it should be yellow and red

jim_57

Staff member
Not that I’m a fan of the Pirates moniker but I think black and gold works for WA. I also think it would help their marketing - help drive the us vs them kind of thing.

Having the local/state colours shouldn’t be an issue. Broncos, Lions, Storm, Carlton & Sharks are just some examples that have colour schemes very close to or the same as their state colours. Most of the Super Rugby teams too for that matter.

images

images

Black and Gold for sure. Would be great to get the Swan in there. Alternate, what if the club called itself Swan River. Then you would have an easy excuse to use a black swan as a mascot. Not sure there needs to be an excuse though.

flippikat

Bench
The flow-on if Perth choose black & yellow is that a Wellington team (if chosen for expansion) would probably want to avoid the Wellington province sports colours - which are black & yellow as well.

Not a terrible thing, as it might widen the appeal of a Wellington based team.