What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

xe_kilroy

Juniors
If they call themselves West Coast, embracing the entire state, then black and yelliow works well.

If they call themselves Perth, Perth's flag has more colors to choose from if they wanted to try something different....

The Perth flag has 6 primary colors, which are red, white, grey, black, gold and blue.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Black and Gold for sure. Would be great to get the Swan in there. Alternate, what if the club called itself Swan River. Then you would have an easy excuse to use a black swan as a mascot. Not sure there needs to be an excuse though.
Western force use the swan already

Perth Red

Post Whore
Colours in use already in perth, we’d want to avoid duplicating any of these

WC Eagles - blue and yellow
Dockers - Purple and white
Force - blue and black
Scorchers - Orange and black
Glory - Purple and orange
Wildcats - Red and Black

The Great Dane

First Grade
The flow-on if Perth choose black & yellow is that a Wellington team (if chosen for expansion) would probably want to avoid the Wellington province sports colours - which are black & yellow as well.

Not a terrible thing, as it might widen the appeal of a Wellington based team.
Jade, black, and take your pick of silver/grey/white trim.

images
1692961013347.jpeg1692961062784.jpeg

Easy done.

Colk

First Grade
The Dolphins new jersey btw is only an alternate, worn a couple times a year. Their main home and away is still going to be what it currently is

Yeah true.

It is pretty funny though. Black and red is such a good colour scheme and we haven’t had it for 25 years and then all of a sudden you might have two teams wearing it.

It will be interesting if both PNG and Perth make it what colours they go with.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Only down side is black in the heat and it’s the WA RL rep teams colours and not convinced that’s a good idea. Maybe red black and yellow. Screw the dolphins.
View attachment 78520

View attachment 78521
That's because you're overly attached to red being in the scheme for some reason.

Athletic materials are specifically designed so they don't retain heat, they're plenty of sports teams in hot markets that use dark colours without incident, and all of your majority black designs would retain just as much heat with or without the red in them.

It'd objectively be a good move for Perth to move away from red.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Don’t like red and gold Dane? They haven’t done it well to be fair
Red and gold is one of the best colour combinations on the planet, and really difficult to stuff up, which is why it's extraordinary that the Dolphins have managed to completely balls it up. They've consistently got their colour ratios completely wrong and massively overused gold in their designs.

If they're smart they'll adjust either their red or gold (not both) to a darker shade, they'll move to only using gold as a trim (with the exception of one off jerseys that they're intentionally trying to make look gaudy), and they'll continue using black and white shades to break up the colours where necessary (particularly in alt jerseys).
They'll move to black as their main alt because it's easier to consistently create red, black, and gold designs that are aesthetically pleasing than red, white, and gold. White is also one of the most overused shades in the league with most teams having a white away, so utilising black will make them stand out more.

Colk

First Grade
Red and gold is one of the best colour combinations on the planet, and really difficult to stuff up, which is why it's extraordinary that the Dolphins have managed to completely balls it up. They've consistently got their colour ratios completely wrong and massively overused gold in their designs.

If they're smart they'll adjust either their red or gold (not both) to a darker shade, they'll move to only using gold as a trim (with the exception of one off jerseys that they're intentionally trying to make look gaudy), and they'll continue using black and white shades to break up the colours where necessary (particularly in alt jerseys).
They'll move to black as their main alt because it's easier to consistently create red, black, and gold designs that are aesthetically pleasing than red, white, and gold. White is also one of the most overused shades in the league with most teams having a white away, so utilising black will make them stand out more.

Agreed. I don’t know why they didn’t just use gold on the shorts on on the sleeves

MugaB

Coach
Love that design

I don't think there's an issue with the red black yellow though just because the dolphins have that jersey. Plenty of clubs have the same colours. Today's
Roosters knights as an example
Cheers, its a weird shape that has a bit of the original reds feel to it, you could color it black and white and leave the left panel red and it could look like the western reds for a heritage throwback, yet still keeps that pirate cross feel..

The knights and roosters are the same, but the differences are the blues, knights being a traditional blue, roosters in navy/indigo.
i mentioned a few days back that i reckon the knights could alter their colors from red to orange, and white to silver, and that mining jersey would be close to it

MugaB

Coach
Cheers, its a weird shape that has a bit of the original reds feel to it, you could color it black and white and leave the left panel red and it could look like the western reds for a heritage throwback, yet still keeps that pirate cross feel..

The knights and roosters are the same, but the differences are the blues, knights being a traditional blue, roosters in navy/indigo.
i mentioned a few days back that i reckon the knights could alter their colors from red to orange, and white to silver, and that mining jersey would be close to it
Screenshot_20230825_223837_Samsung Internet.jpg
Something like this, maybe the white cross, could be yellow

jim_57

Staff member
Alright I’m sold.

Perth - Black & Yellow
PNG - Yellow & Red
Christchurch - Black & Green
Wellington - Black & White
Brisbane 3 - Orange & Green
Wherever Bears - Black & Red
Wherever Jets - Black & Blue
CQ - Maroon & Light Blue
Adelaide - No idea, I’ve always thought Brown & White is a good colour combo if they could make it fit.

MugaB

Coach
Alright I’m sold.

Perth - Black & Yellow
PNG - Yellow & Red
Christchurch - Black & Green
Wellington - Black & White
Brisbane 3 - Orange & Green
Wherever Bears - Black & Red
Wherever Jets - Black & Blue
CQ - Maroon & Light Blue
Adelaide - No idea, I’ve always thought Brown & White is a good colour combo if they could make it fit.
Indigo/violet and orange for Adelaide
Something like the phoenix suns