What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Having never like West Coast or Perth as the name of a new NRL team in the west, I have finally settled on a name I like.

W.A. Simple as that. I think it also ties in very well with my preferred moniker.

WA Venom. Others may call them West Aussie Venom.

Could even be written as WAV which has a cool symmetrical element to it.

Still not sure if it’s a spider or a snake 😂

Perth Red

Post Whore
Having never like West Coast or Perth as the name of a new NRL team in the west, I have finally settled on a name I like.

W.A. Simple as that. I think it also ties in very well with my preferred moniker.

WA Venom. Others may call them West Aussie Venom.

Could even be written as WAV which has a cool symmetrical element to it.

Still not sure if it’s a spider or a snake 😂
Not bad, redback spider logo, colours red, white and black! Not sure we’ll sell as much mech as pirates though lol. also there so already a basketball team in local comp called redbacks That might object,
IMG_1399.jpeg

No need, the WA govt are already committed. .

I really do hope Perth get a team within the next five years. Gus Gould reckons Brisbane is the only city in Australia that can attain the 18th licence. I disagree. I think Perth are a strong contender.

If V'landys does accept the PNG bid then you can guarantee the Brisbane Tigers will be used as the contingency plan when the federal funding dries up.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Wow some huge changes to the WA CAS men’s team, initially they named 34 players which was to be trimmed down to 20, but they have since added 8 new players to the final 20 man squad with lots of players added from Rockingham (5) and Joondalup (2) and plenty of players from Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists Fremantle (7) and Premiers North Beach (5) dropping out.

Last edited:

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
Wow some huge changes to the WA CAS men’s team, initially they named 34 players which was to be trimmed down to 20, but they have since added 8 new players to the final 20 man squad with lots of players added from Rockingham and Joondalup and plenty of players from Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists Fremantle dropping out.
Lots of fifo guys not available, was always going to happen

Centy Coast

Juniors
Fly in fly out, they work in the mines and play when home. Pretty much all clubs would have a heap, North Beach had 4 who took time off to play in the grand final

I’ll be over watching, on the midnight flight tonight.
Geez that sux for WA rugby league, they had a decent squad.
VIC would probably be the favourites now.

Centy Coast

Juniors
It’s still a pretty good squad, a few of the guys who withdrew are very handy though
You have 12 players from Grand Final teams Minor Premiers Fremantle (7 players) and Premiers North Beach (5 players) who are no longer in the squad and 5 players have joined the squad from this years wooden spooners Rockingham.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So what is being said is that the quality of players from WA isn't as good as certain individuals here telll us?

Shock. Horror.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Wow some huge changes to the WA CAS men’s team, initially they named 34 players which was to be trimmed down to 20, but they have since added 8 new players to the final 20 man squad with lots of players added from Rockingham (5) and Joondalup (2) and plenty of players from Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists Fremantle (7) and Premiers North Beach (5) dropping out.
Unfortunately the 5 that dropped out from Beach were due to work and family commitments.

There were issues with Fremantle players making themselves available to train before the GF ... unsure how that has affected their involvement in the final squad.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Wow what an impressive start from the WA men’s team on the first day of the CAS Competition with WA defeating SA 60-0 after leading 22-0 at halftime.
I certainly wasn’t expecting that with so many changes to their initial squad.
Very impressed with their big prop forward Joell Irvine from the Joondalup Giants.

Pneuma

First Grade
Wow what an impressive start from the WA men’s team on the first day of the CAS Competition with WA defeating SA 60-0 after leading 22-0 at halftime.
SA are very very weak. 4 team competition which had just enough players to survive. Don’t reckon WA would have risked their better players.