What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Perth Red

Post Whore
Greg Florimo on Footy Show now talking about the Bears possible joint expansion with Perth..

”Some things are non negotiable… The Brand, the colours and games at North Sydney Oval.. whether it’s 4, 6 or hopefully 8 “…

Lots of lols…

NRL gunna expand to Perth just to enable the majority of games to be played 4000 kms away in North Sydney…
Bears are delusional and sadly it mean’s they will miss their final opportunity to get the brand back in the big time.

When the nrl reintroduce a proper reserve grade, which is inevitable, they will be left wallowing in a third tier nsw comp with a handful of other clubs.

Pretty dumb from them but that’s what you get for having an over inflated sense of self Importance.

docbrown

Coach
Greg Florimo on Footy Show now talking about the Bears possible joint expansion with Perth..

”Some things are non negotiable… The Brand, the colours and games at North Sydney Oval.. whether it’s 4, 6 or hopefully 8 “…

Lots of lols…

NRL gunna expand to Perth just to enable the majority of games to be played 4000 kms away in North Sydney…
I like the Bears brand but that game allocation non-negotiable is pretty stupid. They're going to be so stubborn that they'll fade into irrelevancy (even more so than what they are now...).

Centy Coast

Juniors
VIC defeated WA 20-16 in the Final of the CAS Championships, I only saw the last 10 mins with WA leading 8-16.
Very weak defence saw VIC get home and take this years title.
NT defeated SA 46-10 in the earlier game.
I missed Flo’s interview this morning as I am on my was to Comm Bank Stadium to watch the NSW Cup Grand Final between the Bears and the Rabbitohs.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I like the Bears brand but that game allocation non-negotiable is pretty stupid. They're going to be so stubborn that they'll fade into irrelevancy (even more so than what they are now...).
Totally agree with you but let’s see what happens when they really sit down to talk turkey.
I can’t imagine opposition teams keen on travelling to WA, unlucky lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
VIC defeated WA 20-16 in the Final of the CAS Championships, I only saw the last 10 mins with WA leading 8-16.
Very weak defence saw VIC get home and take this years title.
NT defeated SA 46-10 in the earlier game.
I missed Flo’s interview this morning as I am on my was to Comm Bank Stadium to watch the NSW Cup Grand Final between the Bears and the Rabbitohs.
We threw it away at end, good tournament though considering we had a number of first choice players not available. Impressed with NT as well who have a lot less players to choose from.

good luck in nsw cup final!

Bukowski

Juniors

Lots of lols…

Surely the NRL arnt considering it.

jim_57

Staff member

Lots of lols…

Wouldn’t surprise me if they still wanted ‘North Sydney’ in the team name too. Sad thing is they probably believe they’re being generous with “settling” for 4 games at NSO.

docbrown

Coach
Wouldn’t surprise me if they still wanted ‘North Sydney’ in the team name too. Sad thing is they probably believe they’re being generous with “settling” for 4 games at NSO.
There's literally no need when the potential Perth Bears away games at SFS & Stadium Australia will have empty seats. Just setup a 6 game mutual membership package for the SFS (against Roosters, Rabbitohs, Tigers, Dragons), Stadium Oz (Bulldogs), Parramatta (Eels). Done.

BuffaloRules

Coach
There's literally no need when the potential Perth Bears away games at SFS & Stadium Australia will have empty seats. Just setup a 6 game mutual membership package for the SFS (against Roosters, Rabbitohs, Tigers, Dragons), Stadium Oz (Bulldogs), Parramatta (Eels). Done.

No thanks …the only time that a club should give up a home field advantage is Magic round and to take games to the country areas…Bathurst, Wagga , Tamworth etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
The first game of rugby league in Western Australia could well have been between the members of the British Rugby League Touring party in 1946. They were stuck in Perth for around a week when the aircraft carrier they were travelling on got diverted to bring prisoners of war home. They organised a game at Fremantle Oval between two sides from the group. A big group of spectators attended. Photo shows the coin toss with Tour captain Gus Risman and Tour Vice captain, Tommy McCue captaining the teams. The great British commentator Eddie Waring looks dressed for the tropics rather than refereeing a game!

IMG_1427.jpeg

Centy Coast

Juniors
That's what I see when I think of the bears. Failure. Why would a new brand want to be associated with that?
Losing a GF is not a failure, and the Bears before they got shafted in 1999 were the most consistent/successful club in the 90’s to not have won a GF.
Losing to an NRL club is nothing to be ashamed of, sure the Bears are a feeder club to the Roosters but the Roosters also have their own NSW Cup side.
South Sydney only have one team feeding into them which means double the NRL players available.
Next season the Bears will be aligned with the Melbourne Storm once again, who will also have the Brisbane Easts Tigers and the Sunshine Coast Falcons as their feeder clubs.

Bukowski

Juniors
Losing a GF is not a failure, and the Bears before they got shafted in 1999 were the most consistent/successful club in the 90’s to not have won a GF.
Losing to an NRL club is nothing to be ashamed of, sure the Bears are a feeder club to the Roosters but the Roosters also have their own NSW Cup side.
South Sydney only have one team feeding into them which means double the NRL players available.
Next season the Bears will be aligned with the Melbourne Storm once again, who will also have the Brisbane Easts Tigers and the Sunshine Coast Falcons as their feeder clubs.
Not so much talking about yesterday. In general they were always looked at as the losers of the comp. With Wests.
It's not a great brand

Centy Coast

Juniors
Not so much talking about yesterday. In general they were always looked at as the losers of the comp. With Wests.
It's not a great brand
I started following rugby league around 1982, between then and their last season 1999 the Bears never won the wooden spoon, and most of those seasons they were in the semi finals. One thing I will 100% agree with you on though is that the Bears could always find a way to lose, the Warriors remind me of them lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pointless discussing the bears in this thread. With their ridiculous demands they are not going to be playing in perth.

Bukowski

Juniors
I started following rugby league around 1982, between then and their last season 1999 the Bears never won the wooden spoon, and most of those seasons they were in the semi finals. One thing I will 100% agree with you on though is that the Bears could always find a way to lose, the Warriors remind me of them lol.
The major preliminary when darryl halligan couldn't kick a goal sticks out. Unbelievable