What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

MugaB

Coach
I really don't think splitting the merger and having Brisbane Tigers and West Magpies is a bad idea. Perth gets south West Sydney juniors

It better than the clusterf**k that exists.
No splitting of merger... wests and tigers the beautiful marriage set to honeymoon out in perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth want Newtown
They are talking to a number of feeder club options. Newtown would be one of the weakest given they dont run any elite jnr sides. Might be an opportunity for them to get back into it I suppose.
Similar with Wentworth who dropped out of nsw cup but a direct nrl pathway might bring them back.
with nrl clubs Increasingly looking to run their own reserve and jnr systems there may be a number of clubs in Sydney looking for a new partnership.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Why are you so upset about something That may never happen? Chill man. I think we can create something unique and relevant to WA and our brand whatever that may end up being. But it should be something that sells well and that people are happy to wear the merch of. I’m not seeing many people walking around in Pink and brown clothing items!
if we end up getting the WC Pirates into the NRL then predominantly black with old gold and dash of red or white works for the brand and is a nice nod back to the reds, if it’s a different brand then it could be anything. as long as it’s not blue!
If there's anything I've learnt about expansion teams after decades of watching sport it's that it's a bad sign for the prospects of a new club if their owners and/or administration can't get basic fundamentals like good branding down, and what you're suggesting, which put whatever spin on it you like, of basically attempting to ape the colour scheme of the team that entered the competition immediately before you, is an incredibly stupid idea for multiple reasons.

I also hate horse shit, and among other things you've effectively suggested that every colour except for red, black, white, and blue are unattractive and and incapable of moving merch, which is beyond mere horse shit.
I mean you literally pooh-poohed colour schemes that are shared by some of the most successful sports teams on the planet, the likes of e.g. The Lakers, Celtic FC, Pittsburgh, Juventus, every second team in New York, Chicago Bulls, just to name a few that come to mind, as unworkable, 'whacky', 'polarising', etc, which either exposes an unbelievable level of ignorance on your part, or, more likely, is just an insane cope.

The Dolphins got in first, they chose to use the colours that you thought would be ideal for Perth, it is what it is, you adapt and move on. If you want my suggestion then black and yellow gold is simple, iconic, attractive, unique in the context of the NRL, and makes a lot of sense for a team in the WA market. With a good design you could walk into the NRL with some of the nicest jerseys in the league, and not have to worry about brand confusion or clashing with anyone in the NRL.

BTW, pink and brown isn't stopping these guys-
images
1696872491988.jpeg
and others, from pushing more merch than the whole NRL.

MugaB

Coach
If there's anything I've learnt about expansion teams after decades of watching sport it's that it's a bad sign for the prospects of a new club if their owners and/or administration can't get basic fundamentals like good branding down, and what you're suggesting, which put whatever spin on it you like, of basically attempting to ape the colour scheme of the team that entered the competition immediately before you, is an incredibly stupid idea for multiple reasons.

I also hate horse shit, and among other things you've effectively suggested that every colour except for red, black, white, and blue are unattractive and and incapable of moving merch, which is beyond mere horse shit.
I mean you literally pooh-poohed colour schemes that are shared by some of the most successful sports teams on the planet, the likes of e.g. The Lakers, Celtic FC, Pittsburgh, Juventus, every second team in New York, Chicago Bulls, just to name a few that come to mind, as unworkable, 'whacky', 'polarising', etc, which either exposes an unbelievable level of ignorance on your part, or, more likely, is just an insane cope.

The Dolphins got in first, they chose to use the colours that you thought would be ideal for Perth, it is what it is, you adapt and move on. If you want my suggestion then black and yellow gold is simple, iconic, attractive, unique in the context of the NRL, and makes a lot of sense for a team in the WA market. With a good design you could walk into the NRL with some of the nicest jerseys in the league, and not have to worry about brand confusion or clashing with anyone in the NRL.

BTW, pink and brown isn't stopping these guys-
images
View attachment 80573
and others, from pushing more merch than the whole NRL.
Dane makes sense... the color schemes he brought up are really good combos, and that Pittsburgh one is by far the best, i personally want to see a purple/gold combo much like the laker's
or phoenix suns(its more orange) that to me keeps the expansion team fresh and unique from any other possible team, barr storm ,who have got navy as their differential anyways and their old yellow has gone silver now too... but knowing perth red he'd rather go with black red and white rather than pick something unique

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dane makes sense... the color schemes he brought up are really good combos, and that Pittsburgh one is by far the best, i personally want to see a purple/gold combo much like the laker's
or phoenix suns(its more orange) that to me keeps the expansion team fresh and unique from any other possible team, barr storm ,who have got navy as their differential anyways and their old yellow has gone silver now too... but knowing perth red he'd rather go with black red and white rather than pick something unique
Black and gold works and can have a nod of scarlet to keep with badge branding if pirates. If not pirates I wouldn’t mind the green black and gold. Orange, brown, pink? Please.

IMG_1477.jpeg

The Great Dane

First Grade
In Perth's case I'd probably pass on purple and orange because of the Glory. You could still get away with it if you really wanted to, but taking purple and orange would probably be seen as copying them, and it's probably best to avoid that.

Purple and orange does really suit arid and desert markets though. I can show you the reason why as well-
1696908664749.jpeg1696908687040.jpeg
The one on the left is an Australian desert, the one on the right is from south west USA.

Latest posts