What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

The Great Dane

First Grade
Black and gold works and can have a nod of scarlet to keep with badge branding if pirates. If not pirates I wouldn’t mind the green black and gold. Orange, brown, pink? Please.
The Pirates branding could easily be changed to work with any colour scheme and is disposable anyway.

No team in the NRL should be allowed to be green and gold under any circumstances, and adding gold to green and black just muddys it. There's no need to add another colour to black and gold anyway.
The gold will be gawdy, Perth as a market doesn't have the right culture or reputation to really pull it off, and it'll clash with the Dolphins when they inevitably move to black and gold for their away jerseys, but Perth could go black and gold if they wanted.

Then again somebody told me that a Perth side couldn't possibly have a black jersey and merchandise because of the heat. . . Wearing black just isn't the done thing apparently. They also seemed super concerned with maintaining links with the Pirates and Reds brands, both of which were black, red, and yellow gold, not metallic gold. It's a smaller transition to black and yellow than black and gold, and it makes so much more sense.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Pirates branding could easily be changed to work with any colour scheme and is disposable anyway.

No team in the NRL should be allowed to be green and gold under any circumstances, and adding gold to green and black just muddys it. There's no need to add another colour to black and gold anyway.
The gold will be gawdy, Perth as a market doesn't have the right culture or reputation to really pull it off, and it'll clash with the Dolphins when they inevitably move to black and gold for their away jerseys, but Perth could go black and gold if they wanted.

Then again somebody told me that a Perth side couldn't possibly have a black jersey and merchandise because of the heat. . . Wearing black just isn't the done thing apparently. They also seemed super concerned with maintaining links with the Pirates and Reds brands, both of which were black, red, and yellow gold, not metallic gold. It's a smaller transition to black and yellow than black and gold, and it makes so much more sense.
Never said it couldnt be done, I questioned if it should be done given black is the most absorbent heat colour! I very much doubt they will use the states rep colours.

flippikat

Bench
If jets link up then this wouldn’t be bad colours, just to annoy Ipswich and donkey lol

View attachment 80561
The way I see it, if the Dolphins can gazump Perth by using red & gold (and really rub it in by a red, black & gold alternate as soon as next year), then Perth have every right to pre-empt Brisbane 3 by wearing something like THIS.

There's no "calling dibs" on a colour-set - it's first in, first served.. and with that in mind, I think if Perth wants something that's fresh, unique & eye-catching then they should *at least* consider it.

MugaB

Coach
In Perth's case I'd probably pass on purple and orange because of the Glory. You could still get away with it if you really wanted to, but taking purple and orange would probably be seen as copying them, and it's probably best to avoid that.

Purple and orange does really suit arid and desert markets though. I can show you the reason why as well-
View attachment 80589View attachment 80590
The one on the left is an Australian desert, the one on the right is from south west USA.
Fair enough, but there's no reason they cant have purple and gold/yellow, i completely forgot about glory when i made the phoenix suns comment, they've basically done that already

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ideally we’ll stay away from other perth pro clubs brands so no; orange, purple, blue and yellow, red and black or blue and black.

MugaB

Coach
Ideally we’ll stay away from other perth pro clubs brands so no; orange, purple, blue and yellow, red and black or blue and black.
Or green or yellow or whomever has a color in a rival code, that has absolutely no clash against you, yes you want to be unique in your own backyard for branding purposes, but you really just need to stand out AMOUNGST your own code, i dont think anyone gives 2 shits about broncos and lions of Brisbane sporting maroon and gold in their colors, why should anyone give two shits about glory and force, let alone freo and WC,
Anyways Black and Gold works as they aren't used by those 4 teams, and represents WA quite often, and is already within the pirates colors scheme

The Great Dane

First Grade
Never said it couldnt be done, I questioned if it should be done given black is the most absorbent heat colour! I very much doubt they will use the states rep colours.
You did more than question it, and it only seems to be a problem when other people suggest it given that all your proposed designs have been majority black...

Give a single rational reason why the team can't share yellow with the state representative teams. If anything that's just another reason to do it as the Perth side will act as the de facto WA team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You did more than question it, and it only seems to be a problem when other people suggest it given that all your proposed designs have been majority black...

Give a single rational reason why the team can't share yellow with the state representative teams. If anything that's just another reason to do it as the Perth side will act as the de facto WA team.
I dont think all black in Perths heat is a great idea. But as a brand colour the black green and gold or black red and gold works. I’d rather see us in an all white kit like Catalans wore in the semi, looked super smart and better suited to WA’s climate. What secondary colours are used with that I’m open about, except pink and brown lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst waving that flag in orlando, during aother record breaking double header
I’d like to apologise to all the people near us at typhoon lagoon who had to put up with me as I listened to the challenge cup final. There may have been some loud cheering and expletives involved!

The Great Dane

First Grade
I dont think all black in Perths heat is a great idea. But as a brand colour the black green and gold or black red and gold works. I’d rather see us in an all white kit like Catalans wore in the semi, looked super smart and better suited to WA’s climate. What secondary colours are used with that I’m open about, except pink and brown lol
Nobody has suggest that Perth should have an all black kit, and every single one of your mock ups has been majority black. A little red trim wouldn't make them any less heat absorbent anyway.

Now stop dodging and give a single rational reason why the team can't share yellow and black with the state representative teams.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nobody has suggest that Perth should have an all black kit, and every single one of your mock ups has been majority black. A little red trim wouldn't make them any less heat absorbent anyway.

Now stop dodging and give a single rational reason why the team can't share yellow and black with the state representative teams.
Of course it can, I just doubt it will. I think the nrlwa will be keen to keep those colours linked to state rep honours not have them as nrl as well.not all.
But time will tell, we are just spit balling, no need to get so upset lolIMG_1504.jpegIMG_1503.jpeg

BuffaloRules

Coach
How about this one? You'll feel right at home in the tank top design too

View attachment 80621

Peter Fitzsimmons can be their No 1 ticket holder

Last edited: