What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Perth Red

Post Whore
and what is your point? if you think most Brisbane residents live out in the sticks far away from Suncorp you are an idiot, simple as that. Get out more.
Brisbane land mass area includes a lot of semi rural regions where as perths is largely suburbia. Hence why their land mass is bigger but their density is less. Overal Brisbane popualtion is bigger but Broncos cant get close to Eagles for active support. I doubt Dolphins will ever be bigger than Dockers either.
I still dont really know the relevance of any of it to a WA nrl club bid though? lol

There's just over 2.1million people within reasonable distance of a Perth NRL club to target, more than enough. Theres another 600k regionally for passive supporter reach (especially in the SW where RL is popular)

eh? we are literally the city that has more land mass to grow into than any other, probably in the world! Have you seen how empty WA is?

A for population growth. predictions remain that we will be around 3.5mill in 20 years, sadly. I miss the quiet 'rush hour' roads!

The ABS data has confirmed WA has the nation’s highest population growth rate at 2.3 per cent, compared to a national average of 1.9 per cent.
But what this new data also shows is that WA’s population is even bigger than what experts thought.
Overall, there are approximately 50,000 more people living in WA than forecast and the new data shows the number of people who moved to WA during the COVID period was higher than previously estimated.

What all this means is that WA is growing, it is growing larger than projected and the growth has come quickly.

Western Australia is mostly arid due to its position on the west coast of a subtropical landmass. It's the reason the city is long and narrow. There's not too far it can grow towards the east.

Brisbane can expand westwards because the land is suitable for habitation. Hence the reason Brisbane is two and a half times greater in area. Brisbane's population density will intensify over the upcoming decades. The Brisbane City Council is building plenty of highrise apartments all over the inner suburbs. They're popping up in Logan and Redlands, too. Plenty of land in rural Logan has been designated for housing estates.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Western Australia is mostly arid due to its position on the west coast of a subtropical landmass. It's the reason the city is long and narrow. There's not too far it can grow towards the east.

Brisbane can expand westwards because the land is suitable for habitation. Hence the reason Brisbane is two and a half times greater in area. Brisbane's population density will intensify over the upcoming decades. The Brisbane City Council is building plenty of highrise apartments all over the inner suburbs. They're popping up in Logan and Redlands, too. Plenty of land in rural Logan has been designated for housing estates.
The hills are not arid, nor the swan valley region, nor the chittering valley, nor hundreds of kms south or the north lol. Just everyone wants to live near our beautiful beaches. The Brisbane swamps less appealing so people live west in the poor areas lol
But again what has it got to do with a perth nrl bid?

mongoose

Coach
Brisbane land mass area includes a lot of semi rural regions where as perths is largely suburbia. Hence why their land mass is bigger but their density is less. Overal Brisbane popualtion is bigger but Broncos cant get close to Eagles for active support. I doubt Dolphins will ever be bigger than Dockers either.
I still dont really know the relevance of any of it to a WA nrl club bid though? lol

There's just over 2.1million people within reasonable distance of a Perth NRL club to target, more than enough. Theres another 600k regionally for passive supporter reach (especially in the SW where RL is popular)

Brisbane is the 3rd largest city in the world by geographical size, but yes its because the borders extend way out into rural areas, it also includes Moreton Island and some of the other islands in Moreton Bay that have about 40 people. 90% of the population still live within a 40km radius of the CBD.

Last edited:
and what is your point? if you think most Brisbane residents live out in the sticks far away from Suncorp you are an idiot, simple as that. Get out more.

I didn't say "most Brisbane residents live out in the sticks far away from Suncorp".

There is a sizeable population that lives on the outskirts of the metropolitan area.

Moreton Bay

Logan

Ipswich

Redlands

That's a total of 1,266,162 people living on the outskirts of metropolitan Brisbane.

Brisbane City Council has 1,280,000 people.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I didn't say "most Brisbane residents live out in the sticks far away from Suncorp".

There is a sizeable population that lives on the outskirts of the metropolitan area.

Moreton Bay

Logan

Ipswich

Redlands

That's a total of 1,266,162 people living on the outskirts of metropolitan Brisbane.

Brisbane City Council has 1,280,000 people.
relevance to a WA club?

Perth Red

Post Whore
One day hopefully WA jnrs like this will be able to stay home and play.

Felt like I needed to share ❤️

STORY TIME: People don't know the ultimate sacrifices my family have and continue to put in behind the scenes. It feels as if it was yesterday I was 17 busting my ass working 2 jobs just to pay for my extra training back home in Western Australia, to stay fit and strong and be able to compete with the standard over here on the east coast. Back-and-forth on Friday night red eye flights (Perth > Sydney) after school & work just to play or trial the next morning after a few hours sleep (out of my own parents pocket).

My brother is on his way after doing the same while my sister currently in the process. Some help along the way yes but this has not all been full of exclusive handouts or special treatment just pure hard work and determination. Now that's something my parents have instilled in us since young. My dad has always said “you've got to work harder than everyone else because people like us don't get it easy”. Something that has always stuck with me.

It's so easily said than done when people say to my parents “just move back” like as if they haven't thought about it themselves 🤦🏽‍♀️

Finally I'm in my own place with my brother since November last year, making the transition easier for my sister and hopefully for the rest of our family to come back to Sydney very soon.

My parents have always done everything including going with out most times just to give us kids every opportunity to have a decent crack on the east coast because at times we have all been constantly overlooked or not even considered in the beginning.

Living on the other side of the country (especially Sydney) ain’t easy when you're young. Lots of pressure to make something out of the opportunities presented to make your family proud whilst time is ticking. Can’t forget about how expensive it is here too!

I’ve been on a solid grind for 4 years now tryna make it “worth it” and now that I am at the beginning of a great path with incredible opportunities ahead. I am grateful my siblings can follow along too.

But all credit goes to our mum and dad!! I hope we can all be together again soon. Thank you, love you Andrea Jordan Winiata Cherrington. Your guys sacrifices honestly don’t go unnoticed 🥺

I promise it'll all be worth it soon too but man I'm so proud of both you Winiata Drew Cherrington & Rueben Cherrington ❤️

IMG_1549.jpeg

Whenever people bring up the Storm's dependence on players from Queensland, NSW and NZ you say players will travel anywhere get a spot in the NRL.

When it comes to Perth's lack of juniors you shift the goalposts and say Western Australians won't play the game unless they have a team of their own.

More teams in Brisbane would lead to more opportunities for juniors in SEQ. More teams in New Zealand would lead to more opportunities for juniors in NZ. You don't care about that. All you're interested in is having a local team to support.

Adding a team in Perth won't guarantee locals of not having to travel east to get a contract. Valentine Holmes got his start with Cronulla, despite the fact he was from Townsville. Sam Thaiday is another Townsville local who had to get his start in Brisbane.

Why bother talking to him? Like talking to a flat either.

You're so dumb and delusional you thought that "Head of Strategy WWOS" meant local biased unimportant reporter from Brisbane.

You also think a Perth-based team will average over 20k to its games because Google Trends says more people in Perth searched for RL than RU.

At one stage you insinuated that Ch9 wants a team in Perth because they promoted the double header at Perth Stadium. Ever heard of contra?

Have you learnt the difference between "you're" and "your"?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whenever people bring up the Storm's dependence on players from Queensland, NSW and NZ you say players will travel anywhere get a spot in the NRL.

When it comes to Perth's lack of juniors you shift the goalposts and say Western Australians won't play the game unless they have a team of their own.

More teams in Brisbane would lead to more opportunities for juniors in SEQ. More teams in New Zealand would lead to more opportunities for juniors in NZ. You don't care about that. All you're interested in is having a local team to support.

Adding a team in Perth won't guarantee locals of not having to travel east to get a contract. Valentine Holmes got his start with Cronulla, despite the fact he was from Townsville. Sam Thaiday is another Townsville local who had to get his start in Brisbane.
Are you really this stupid?

Canard

Immortal
If you had a good counter argument, you wouldn't let something like grammar stand in the way, you would counter the argument.

A typo or misuse of a word, doesn't immediately invalidate the point.

Bukowski

Juniors
You're so dumb and delusional you thought that "Head of Strategy WWOS" meant local biased unimportant reporter from Brisbane.

You also think a Perth-based team will average over 20k to its games because Google Trends says more people in Perth searched for RL than RU.

At one stage you insinuated that Ch9 wants a team in Perth because they promoted the double header at Perth Stadium. Ever heard of contra?

Have you learnt the difference between "you're" and "your"?
20k now. You said I said 25k? Caught lying again. How did you go with enormous? Did you find where I said that?
How's Perth Heat going in the NBL?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm exposing the folly of your double standards. Every argument you make is aimed at getting a team in Perth. You contradict yourself in the process.
No your exposing your stupidity. Suggesting a 3 hour drive from a regional town to the nearest nrl club and having to travel from perth to another state is comparable is so beyond dumb, even for you!

Bukowski

Juniors
No your exposing your stupidity. Suggesting a 3 hour drive from a regional town to the nearest nrl club and having to travel from perth to another state is comparable is so beyond dumb, even for you!
No, I think that's bang on the right amount of dumbness expected .

Perth Red

Post Whore
No, I think that's bang on the right amount of dumbness expected .
He certainly seems to have upped the dumbness stakes massively in recent weeks. I’m still convinced pippen has hacked his account, he was the only other recent poster in here with this level of stupidity!