What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Bukowski

Juniors
He certainly seems to have upped the dumbness stakes massively in recent weeks. I’m still convinced pippen has hacked his account, he was the only other recent poster in here with this level of stupidity!
It goes up incrementally each day. Can't wait till the 18th team doesn't go to Brissy. I'll have to take a day off to read everything in here.

Bukowski

Juniors
If you had a good counter argument, you wouldn't let something like grammar stand in the way, you would counter the argument.

A typo or misuse of a word, doesn't immediately invalidate the point.
It makes a small man feel slightly less small though

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another successful WA Harmony nines done and dusted. Over 1000 players took part!

Harmony Cup 7
Mens Champions - Natives United
Player Of The Match - Bailey Millar

Congratulations to Natives United who finally got the monkey off their back with a win in overtime, against an amazing Taranaki team, who as finish as runners up for the second year in a row. A brilliant final, a field goal in extra time was the only difference between the two sides after an amazing contest.
IMG_1559.jpeg

Perth Red

Post Whore
$50.8mill Govt funded football centre opens this week. Hopefully we'll see one built for RL one day! We are the only sport in WA not to have a govt funded centre of this type.

soccer centre.jpg

That's what you get when you have a national sport club here.

Why does Perth need to have a club in a national competition to get government funding?

Brisbane Tigers got $1.1m from the Queensland Gov for its $10m upgrade of Langlands Park. They're not in a national sporting competition.

The Brisbane Tigers Rugby League Football Club today announced its intentions to bid for the 18th NRL licence at the opening of their new $10 million Totally Workwear Stadium, the redeveloped home den of the Suzuki Brisbane Tigers at Langlands Park.

The high performance and community centre was opened by Tourism and Sport Minister Stirling Hinchliffe and rugby league great Des Morris OAM, who opened his namesake grandstand.

The Brisbane Tigers thanked the Queensland Government for contributing $1.1 million to the Totally Workwear Stadium redevelopment project.

Suzuki Brisbane Tigers CEO Brian Torpy said the new facilities were the perfect foundation for the Club’s bold and innovative bid to become the NRL’s next franchise and fifth Queensland team.

I guess the WA Gov just isn't hungry enough for an NRL team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes thats fair, every sport with a Centre built has a professional sports club here. I guess they are happy to support sports that support Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I can see the Govt building one of these for NRLWA and the NRL club if Perth gets a license. Theres a nice block of crown land right near the other centres at Bold Park that would be perfect for it! Near millionaire suburbs as well for the cashed up NRL players to live.

bold park.jpg

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why does Perth need to have a club in a national competition to get government funding?

Brisbane Tigers got $1.1m from the Queensland Gov for its $10m upgrade of Langlands Park. They're not in a national sporting competition.

The Brisbane Tigers Rugby League Football Club today announced its intentions to bid for the 18th NRL licence at the opening of their new $10 million Totally Workwear Stadium, the redeveloped home den of the Suzuki Brisbane Tigers at Langlands Park.​
The high performance and community centre was opened by Tourism and Sport Minister Stirling Hinchliffe and rugby league great Des Morris OAM, who opened his namesake grandstand.​
The Brisbane Tigers thanked the Queensland Government for contributing $1.1 million to the Totally Workwear Stadium redevelopment project.​
Suzuki Brisbane Tigers CEO Brian Torpy said the new facilities were the perfect foundation for the Club’s bold and innovative bid to become the NRL’s next franchise and fifth Queensland team.​

I guess the WA Gov just isn't hungry enough for an NRL team.
You do know that Brisbane has 1.6 professional rugby league teams dont you? Im sure its no coincidence the only sport not to have a professional team in perth is also the only one not to have had a govt funded training centre and hq built!

Dragonwest

Juniors
$50.8mill Govt funded football centre opens this week. Hopefully we'll see one built for RL one day! We are the only sport in WA not to have a govt funded centre of this type.

View attachment 81441
Critical from WA to produce talent into the future and support a professional team.

The old chicken and the egg ... I'd wish the WA Government would jump first. At least commit to it subject to a NRL license.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Critical from WA to produce talent into the future and support a professional team.

The old chicken and the egg ... I'd wish the WA Government would jump first. At least commit to it subject to a NRL license.
Its only relatively recently that NRLWA moved out of the cupboard under the stairs offices at HBF park lol. Between the negligence of the NRL and the WA govt its amazing the game here even exists.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Its only relatively recently that NRLWA moved out of the cupboard under the stairs offices at HBF park lol. Between the negligence of the NRL and the WA govt its amazing the game here even exists.
The offices were a minor issue compared to SG Ball being based in the middle of a trots track or down in Medina.