What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Yeh with pokies lol

Point is the wa govt clearly is supporting codes that commit to perth. mind you when a games leader calls you a waste of money you can hardly blame them for ignoring rugby league can you?

Whenever you're confronted about the WARL's shortcomings you blame it on the ARLC. You do the same with the VRL when questioned about the Storm's lack of juniors.

Just accept that Melbourne and Perth are not in the same league as Brisbane and Sydney. Stop expecting Brisbane and Sydney to fund Melbourne and Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whenever you're confronted about the WARL's shortcomings you blame it on the ARLC. You do the same with the VRL when questioned about the Storm's lack of juniors.

Just accept that Melbourne and Perth are not in the same league as Brisbane and Sydney. Stop expecting Brisbane and Sydney to fund Melbourne and Perth.
ffs how stupid are you? There is no such thing as the WARL.
RL in WA is run by the ARLC. Therefore any poor performance of RL in WA lays firmly and squarely at the ARLC's feet. That is the responsibility they took on when they forced the independent game organisers here, the WARL, to close down in 2013 and hand over control of the game to them.

of course they arent, no one has ever said they are. I expect the ARLC to fund all states when it comes to grassroots, that is their job after all.

ffs how stupid are you? There is no such thing as the WARL.
RL in WA is run by the ARLC.

I deliberately called it the WARL because I know it triggers you to no end. I never forgot the tantrums you chucked over the reference in 2020.

I'll continue to call it WARL to piss you off.

Therefore any poor performance of RL in WA lays firmly and squarely at the ARLC's feet.

So it's the ARLC's fault that the majority of Western Australians don't give a f**k about rugby league?

That is the responsibility they took on when they forced the independent game organisers here, the WARL, to close down in 2013 and hand over control of the game to them.

The ARLC cannot force Western Australians to like rugby league.

of course they arent, no one has ever said they are.

You're blaming the ARLC for rugby league being a minority sport in Western Australia?

I've got news for you. Rugby league was a minority sport in Western Australia before the NRLWA took over the WARL.

I expect the ARLC to fund all states when it comes to grassroots, that is their job after all.
What you're demanding is a massive handout from Brisbane and Sydney to fund the game in cities that cannot fend for themselves.

It's bad enough that you want Brisbane and Sydney to fund the game in Melbourne and Perth. You also want Brisbane and Sydney to give Melbourne and Perth special advantages. In 2020 you said Brisbane should only have one team to ensure the best juniors from SEQ go to the Storm.

mongoose

Coach
It's the Australian Rugby League commission not the NSW and QLD RLC. They should have a charter to grow the sport in all parts of the country.

If you want a competition built on free market economics then we'll see how long that lasts... Broncos, Rabbitohs, Roosters, possibly Storm top of the ladder every single year. No other team getting close...

Perth Red

Post Whore
I deliberately called it the WARL because I know it triggers you to no end. I never forgot the tantrums you chucked over the reference in 2020.

I'll continue to call it WARL to piss you off.

So it's the ARLC's fault that the majority of Western Australians don't give a f**k about rugby league?

The ARLC cannot force Western Australians to like rugby league.

You're blaming the ARLC for rugby league being a minority sport in Western Australia?

I've got news for you. Rugby league was a minority sport in Western Australia before the NRLWA took over the WARL.

What you're demanding is a massive handout from Brisbane and Sydney to fund the game in cities that cannot fend for themselves.

It's bad enough that you want Brisbane and Sydney to fund the game in Melbourne and Perth. You also want Brisbane and Sydney to give Melbourne and Perth special advantages. In 2020 you said Brisbane should only have one team to ensure the best juniors from SEQ go to the Storm.
of course you know lol. You're so ignorant I doubt you had any idea, or so drug addled you keep forgetting when its pointed out to you.

Of course its teh ARLC's fault, they continually fail to invest and promote the game outside NSW and Qlnd. Whose fault woudl it be? People just dont naturally take up interest in a new sport they have little exposure or opportunity to support.

So its ok for NSW and Qlnd to need $20mill plus each of ARLC funding a year but not ok for other states to expect some level of support? Hypocrite or what!

I'm demanding the ARLC does it job and meets its mandate by growing the sport by investing in it around the country

I want the ARLC to fund it, where's this Brisbane and Sydney funding nonsense coming from?

RL was a lot bigger in WA in the past than it is now. lets start by getting the game back to where it was 30 years ago shall we?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's the Australian Rugby League commission not the NSW and QLD RLC. They should have a charter to grow the sport in all parts of the country.

If you want a competition built on free market economics then we'll see how long that lasts... Broncos, Rabbitohs, Roosters, possibly Storm top of the ladder every single year. No other team getting close...
They do have a charter that literally say's that!

FromARLC Consitution:

The primary objectives of this company are:
'Foster, develop. extend and provide adequate funding for the Game from the Jnr level to the elite levels and generally act in the best interests of the game'

Canard

Immortal

This merkin is truly cooked

of course you know lol. You're so ignorant I doubt you had any idea, or so drug addled you keep forgetting when its pointed out to you.

We had this same argument in 2020.

You also went psycho because I do not refer to Perth Rectangular Stadium and Lang Park by their commercial names. You get hung up over the craziest things.

Of course its teh ARLC's fault, they continually fail to invest and promote the game outside NSW and Qlnd.

So you are under the illusion that running more TV and billboard ads in Melbourne and Perth will lead to more people playing the game and watching it on TV?

Delusional.

If what you said held any truth to it then the Lions, Suns, Swans and Giants would be bigger than the NRL clubs from their markets. All of their games are broadcast into their home markets on 7mate. No NRL club has all of its games broadcast on FTA in its home market. It hasn't made the Lions, Suns, Swans and Giants as popular as the Broncos, Titans, Dolphins, Cowboys and Sydney clubs. It's proof that oversaturating a market with a product it doesn't like won't make it popular. Masters ran a huge ad campaign when it entered the market. Within a year or two it went bust.

Whose fault woudl it be? People just dont naturally take up interest in a new sport they have little exposure or opportunity to support.

Why aren't the Lions and Suns more popular than the Broncos and Titans?

They get plenty of exposure on TV. All of their games are broadcast on 7mate. Using your logic they should be ahead of the Broncos, Dolphins and Titans.

So its ok for NSW and Qlnd to need $20mill plus each of ARLC funding a year but not ok for other states to expect some level of support? Hypocrite or what!

Are you so stupid you don't realise that most of the game's revenue is generated by rugby league fans in Brisbane and Sydney?

The broadcasters pay as much as they do due to the amount of people in Brisbane and Sydney watching the game and buying merchandise.

Most Foxtel subscribers who watch RL are from Brisbane and Sydney.

Get a f**ken clue.

I'm demanding the ARLC does it job and meets its mandate by growing the sport by investing in it around the country

The ARLC cannot force people to play the game and watch it on TV.

They're not going to invest more money than they have to on junior and senior clubs in the affiliate states until there's a demand for them.

I want the ARLC to fund it,

What exactly do you want them to fund?

Junior clubs that have no juniors?

There are RL clubs in rural Queensland and NSW that receive as little funding as Melbourne and Perth.

where's this Brisbane and Sydney funding nonsense coming from?

You don't know that the majority of active rugby league fans who watch the game on TV, subscribe to Foxtel and buy merchandise are from Brisbane and Sydney?

Idiot.

RL was a lot bigger in WA in the past than it is now. lets start by getting the game back to where it was 30 years ago shall we?

That's up to the local Perth RL clubs and WA Gov.

Last edited:
Canard + Bukowski + Perth Red = The Dyslexic Dunces. All three make BS claims that are easy to refute.

Canard is dumb enough to think it costs just $17m to run an NRL club.

Bukowski thinks the Queensland Gov only spent a few million on its NRL clubs.

Perth Red lies through his arse nonstop. I think he believes the shit he says.

Three dumbarses who provide nothing to the forum.

Perth Red

Post Whore
and here we go again. And this from a bloke who doesnt even understand that the ARLC runs the game in Australia except in NSW and Queensland lol

Canard

Immortal
Canard + Bukowski + Perth Red = The Dyslexic Dunces. All three make BS claims that are easy to refute.

Canard is dumb enough to think it costs just $17m to run an NRL club.

Bukowski thinks the Queensland Gov only spent a few million on its NRL clubs.

Perth Red lies through his arse nonstop. I think he believes the shit he says.

Three dumbarses who provide nothing to the forum.
Perth Red is triggered by facts that expose his lies.
You seem upset.

and here we go again. And this from a bloke who doesnt even understand that the ARLC runs the game in Australia except in NSW and Queensland lol

Sigh...

I know the ARLC took over the VRL, SARL, WARL and TRL.

The ARLC provides funding to the affiliate states. It doesn't stop you whinging. No matter how much they spend on Perth and Melbourne it will never be enough to satisfy your entitlement complex. You'll always use the BS excuse that the only reason the game is small in Perth and Melbourne is because they're not getting the Powerball winnings every Thursday.

They do have a charter that literally say's that!

FromARLC Consitution:

The primary objectives of this company are:
'Foster, develop. extend and provide adequate funding for the Game from the Jnr level to the elite levels and generally act in the best interests of the game'

What are you whinging about?

The ARLC provides funding to Melbourne and Perth to run junior and senior competitions.

They don't spend a fortune because there's f**k all teams to fund. That ain't the ARLC's fault. If there were more people signing up to play the game then the funding would increase.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sigh...

I know the ARLC took over the VRL, SARL, WARL and TRL.

The ARLC provides funding to the affiliate states. It doesn't stop you whinging. No matter how much they spend on Perth and Melbourne it will never be enough to satisfy your entitlement complex. You'll always use the BS excuse that the only reason the game is small in Perth and Melbourne is because they're not getting the Powerball winnings every Thursday.
Your ignorance again, the only actual affiliate states are nsw and queensland. The rest are not affiliates, they are actually part of the arlc lol

it funds states outside of nsw and queensland a pittance and the outcome of that is clear for all to see. You reap what you sow .