What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

And the Matildas lost to an u15s boys side.

Are you stupid enough to think women and 15yo boys are physically comparable?

Innate biological differences provide the 15yo boys with greater strength and power. The way men and women run is different because their hips and knees are aligned at different angles.

Maximus

Coach
Are you stupid enough to think women and 15yo boys are physically comparable?

Innate biological differences provide the 15yo boys with greater strength and power. The way men and women run is different because their hips and knees are aligned at different angles.

So you can find plenty more examples of 15yo boys teams beating women's national teams right?

So you can find plenty more examples of 15yo boys teams beating women's national teams right?
Yes.

It happened to the world championship winning U.S. women's soccer team in 2017.

In preparation for two upcoming friendlies against Russia, the U.S. women’s national team played the FC Dallas U-15 boys academy team on Sunday and fell 5-2, according to FC Dallas’ official website.

The US women's ice hockey team lost to a high school boys team in 2014.

The most recent opponent on Team USA’s schedule was Dexter Southfield, which defeated the U.S. Olympians 6-3 on Sunday afternoon.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Will the standard of the Perth competition be as strong as the QRL and NSWRL?

PNG and France have 10k players. The standard is light years behind the QRL and NSWRL. It's one of the reasons the FFRXIII is looking to field a team from New Caledonia in the Queensland Cup.

If Perth wants to get a team in the NRL them it'll need to get over its entitlement complex and field a team in the Queensland Cup. PNG Hunters have been in the Queensland Cup for eight seasons. They've earnt their right to have the 18th licence.
No and it doesnt need to be. Its serving ONE club, not 16.
It needs to have good jnr clubs and systems and be able to form one elite U17's and U19's and resreve grade side to feed first grade. I have no doubt we will have a sg ball and NSw cup side (if national U20's and reserve grade hasnt returned by then). We will also have a partnership with at least one east cost second tier club for young talent from east coats that wants a shot at becoming a Pirate.

Its not just a numbers game, its a quality of systems and developments pathways one as well. There is no magical number of X participation = X first graders.

Perth should not be expected to do something that no other club in Australia or NZ does, ie somehow magically find $1.5mill and nrl reserve grade standard players without an NRL club link up to have a team in a second tier comp. PNG Hunters are totally unsustainable without Govt funding. If it wasnt for Australian policy on the pacific there simply would not be a PNG team in Qlnd cup, being gifted something isnt earning it.

No and it doesnt need to be. Its serving ONE club, not 16.
It needs to have good jnr clubs and systems and be able to form one elite U17's and U19's and resreve grade side to feed first grade. I have no doubt we will have a sg ball and NSw cup side (if national U20's and reserve grade hasnt returned by then). We will also have a partnership with at least one east cost second tier club for young talent from east coats that wants a shot at becoming a Pirate.

Its not just a numbers game, its a quality of systems and developments pathways one as well. There is no magical number of X participation = X first graders.

Perth should not be expected to do something that no other club in Australia or NZ does, ie somehow magically find $1.5mill and nrl reserve grade standard players without an NRL club link up to have a team in a second tier comp. PNG Hunters are totally unsustainable without Govt funding. If it wasnt for Australian policy on the pacific there simply would not be a PNG team in Qlnd cup, being gifted something isnt earning it.

Perth will never provide marquee players to the NRL. It'll forever be raiding Queensland, NSW and NZ for more players than it produces. No thanks.

The broadcasters won't pay anything for a Perth team because there's only 8k regular viewers in it.

The club will be one of the poorest and weakest in the NRL.

The club will be a useless parasite.

You want the QRL, NSWRL and ARLC to gift Perth a team that it cannot support.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth will never provide marquee players to the NRL. It'll forever be raiding Queensland, NSW and NZ for more players than it produces. No thanks.

The broadcasters won't pay anything for a Perth team because there's only 8k regular viewers in it.

The club will be one of the poorest and weakest in the NRL.

The club will be a useless parasite.

You want the QRL, NSWRL and ARLC to gift Perth a team that it cannot support.
f**k off you dont know if any of that will be the case. That’s like saying no area that currently doesn’t have an nrl team could ever develop nrl players, you’re a moron.

The irony of this lol

yet they funds are distributed "evenly" so the weak clubs from Sydney can field teams while denying a spot for Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane 2. Everyone has missed out so that insular Sydney fans can prosper and think they're bigger than the game. It's why our game is falling behind fumbleball.

Last edited:
f**k off you dont know if any of that will be the case. That’s like saying no area that currently doesn’t have an nrl team could ever develop nrl players, you’re a moron.

The irony of this lol

If you think the broadcasters will pay more money for a Perth-based team -- just because of its location -- then you're insane.

There is no evidence that the Perth market has anything of signicanr value to offer the broadcasters. An average of 8k people from Perth tune in watch NRL on FTA.

That's worthless!

Spare me the bullshit claim that everyone who watches rugby league in Perth has Kayo/Foxtel.

If that were true then a) the FTA ratings would be zero, and b) it doesn't explain why the ratings in Brisbane and Sydney are so high.

People in Brisbane and Sydney have Kayo/Foxtel, too. There would be more rugby league fans in Brisbane and Sydney with a Kayo/Foxtel subscription than there are in Perth.

It's just a bullshit excuse you use to ignore the reality of how small rugby league is in Perth.

I got on the Perth bandwagon a year or two ago because I sympathised with your position. I've lost all sympathy for you because you're just an ungrateful whinger with an entitlement complex. I've seen you whinge about Australians supporting State of Origin more than Tests. You're envious and full of anger because RL fans in Queensland and NSW have more than some whiny soapdodger from Hull who was stupid enough to emigrate to a dyed-in-the-wool fumbleball city.

All of these options provide more upside than a team from Adelaide or Perth:

Brisbane 3
Nee Zealand 2
New Zealand 3
New Zealand 4
PNG
Fiji
Central Coast

AwFuL's expensive foray into SEQ and Sydney has disproved all of your rhetoric about expansion. The ARLC know how expensive it will be to expand into Adelaide and Perth. The broadcasters know what is valuable to them. Simon Fordham told you what Ch9 want. It isn't a f**ken Perth team. They're not going to take a hit to fund your dream.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you think the broadcasters will pay more money for a Perth-based team -- just because of its location -- then you're insane.

There is no evidence that the Perth market has anything of signicanr value to offer the broadcasters. An average of 8k people from Perth tune in watch NRL on FTA.

That's worthless!

Spare me the bullshit claim that everyone who watches rugby league in Perth has Kayo/Foxtel.

If that were true then a) the FTA ratings would be zero, and b) it doesn't explain why the ratings in Brisbane and Sydney are so high.

People in Brisbane and Sydney have Kayo/Foxtel, too. There would be more rugby league fans in Brisbane and Sydney with a Kayo/Foxtel subscription than there are in Perth.

It's just a bullshit excuse you use to ignore the reality of how small rugby league is in Perth.

I got on the Perth bandwagon a year or two ago because I sympathised with your position. I've lost all sympathy for you because you're just an ungrateful whinger with an entitlement complex. I've seen you whinge about Australians supporting State of Origin more than Tests. You're envious and full of anger because RL fans in Queensland and NSW have more than some whiny soapdodger from Hull who was stupid enough to emigrate to a dyed-in-the-wool fumbleball city.

All of these options provide more upside than a team from Adelaide or Perth:

Brisbane 3
Nee Zealand 2
New Zealand 3
New Zealand 4
PNG
Fiji
Central Coast

AwFuL's expensive foray into SEQ and Sydney has disproved all of your rhetoric about expansion. The ARLC know how expensive it will be to expand into Adelaide and Perth. The broadcasters know what is valuable to them. Simon Fordham told you what Ch9 want. It isn't a f**ken Perth team. They're not going to take a hit to fund your dream.
Haha you’re the one telling us how successful afl have been in growing their fta audience and relevance in brisbane By putting the lions there. Yet you don’t think nrl can do the same in perth? It’s like you dont believe that our game is as good as afl lol

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I was wrong. I listened too much to Perth Red and his mates.

Perth won't provide players or TV ratings. Game needs both if it wants to expand and command more money from the broadcasters.
Greedy merkin has only changed his mind as he didn’t get Logan as brisbane2 and now wants brisbane 3 As he won’t support the dolphins. And we are the self entitled ones? lol
he can see brisbane 3 isnt going to happen whilst perth and png are presenting more likely cases for,admission and nz2 is the third better possibility. If we get to twenty teams without brisbane3 he can kiss his Logan team goodbye in his lifetime lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do you think the AFL will go to 3 teams in Perth?

And what impact would this have on the Perth NRL bid?
Possibly when the city gets to 3.5mill plus. So in about 25 years, maybe. Eagles are predominantly Perths northern club, good luck to the Joondalup mayor getting that giant to share their territory Lol.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Why ask that clown? Sure, he'll quote a local Mayor that said he wants one a few years ago but thats about it. The AFL aren't spooked about us.

Unlike the NRL, the AFL are running out of places to expand to…

If they bring in Team 19 (Tasmania) they are going to need a Team 20 you would think… so I would put Perth pretty high on that list…

BuffaloRules

Coach
Possibly when the city gets to 3.5mill plus. So in about 25 years, maybe. Eagles are predominantly Perths northern club, good luck to the Joondalup mayor getting that giant to share their territory Lol.

They will likely be Team 20 by 2030….so probably going to beat the NRL

Not sure about Joondalup …

Bukowski

Juniors
Unlike the NRL, the AFL are running out of places to expand to…

If they bring in Team 19 (Tasmania) they are going to need a Team 20 you would think… so I would put Perth pretty high on that list…
Adelaide, ACT, Bendigo all just as likely. If they are looking at Perth, and if that worries us, then we should push the button on Perth sooner rather than later.