What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

BuffaloRules

Coach
Adelaide, ACT, Bendigo all just as likely. If they are looking at Perth, and if that worries us, then we should push the button on Perth sooner rather than later.

I would have thought Perth 3 in front of all those…

Canberra is where GWS likely end up… they have been playing games There since they started

Bukowski

Juniors

Canberra is where GWS likely end up… they have been playing games There since they started
Well there's been absolutely no talk about it here except from one mayor a few years ago. It would be like the Campbelltown mayor wanting an AFL team.
But the premier of the state wants an NRL team.

Do you think the AFL will go to 3 teams in Perth?

And what impact would this have on the Perth NRL bid?

Eddie Maguire was floating the idea. The mayor of Joondalup is keen on it. With the Eagles and Dockers in the doldrums, now is the perfect time to add a third team. It can do what the Dolphins did for the Broncos and RL in Brisbane.

A third team will definitely make life harder for the Pirates. The Dockers entered the same year as the Reds. Dockers averaged 23,361 in their first season with a terrible team.

If I was AwFuL then I'd wait until NRL announced it was putting a team in Perth. Then I would steal their spotlight by announcing a third Perth AwFuL club will join the Eagles and Dockers. That's how vulnerable the NRL is in Perth.

Haha you’re the one telling us how successful afl have been in growing their fta audience and relevance in brisbane By putting the lions there. Yet you don’t think nrl can do the same in perth? It’s like you dont believe that our game is as good as afl lol

Strawman.

I didn't say AwFuL grew their audience in Brisbane by "putting the Lions there".

I said AwFuL games not involving the Lions or Suns draw 30k viewers in Brisbane. When the Lions play it's 48k. Compare that to Perth's 45k viewers when no Western Australian team is playing and the figures aren't so bad. Last year he viewers in Perth for Eagles and Dockers was just 74k and 69k.

The 30k viewers in Brisbane for games not involving the Lions is aided by the amount of Victorians living in SEQ. Perth doesn't have anywhere as many Queenslanders and New South Welshmen.

Greedy merkin has only changed his mind as he didn’t get Logan as brisbane2 and now wants brisbane 3 As he won’t support the dolphins. And we are the self entitled ones? lol
he can see brisbane 3 isnt going to happen whilst perth and png are presenting more likely cases for,admission and nz2 is the third better possibility. If we get to twent teams without brisbane3 he can kiss his Logan team goodbye in his lifetime lol

Perth doesn't have the broadcasters pushing their case.

Brisbane 3 does.

Head of Strategy WWOS Simon Fordham:

“We’re really committed to working with the NRL in growing the competition, and Queensland is a big part of that. We think there’s room for another team here in Queensland, and the Dolphins have been the perfect example."

Fordham didn't say Perth provides a better case for admission, did he?

Broadcast deals provide the bulk of the game's revenue.

There's nothing "greedy" about wanting Brisbane to be rewarded for the role it has played in building RL.

It is selfish for you to demand a licence be reserved for Perth, at Brisbane's expense, despite the fact Brisbane 3 will generate more revenue for the game and its broadcasters than one from Perth. You're asking the NRL and its broadcast partners to take a hit so Perth can steal a licence it hasn't earned. On top of this, you want a BRL club to create players for a Perth-based team. Brisbane 3 won't take anything away from Perth, but Perth will take plenty from Brisbane.

Perth is well ahead of those three. GWS have a multi-year deal with the ACT. There's no way AwFuL will jeopardise that with a new team.

Adelaide doesn't have the money.

Victoria will never get another team.

Well there's been absolutely no talk about it here except from one mayor a few years ago. It would be like the Campbelltown mayor wanting an AFL team.
But the premier of the state wants an NRL team.
Just like everything else you say, this is complete bullshit.

Here's proof you're lying through your teeth:

'There is a consortium that wants to put a third team into Perth,' McGuire said on the Eddie and Jimmy podcast, which he co-hosts with retired Geelong premiership star Jimmy Bartel.

'Because they have got the stadium over there, they've got to keep that rolling through.'

Bukowski

Juniors
Just like everything else you say, this is complete bullshit.

Here's proof you're lying through your teeth:

'There is a consortium that wants to put a third team into Perth,' McGuire said on the Eddie and Jimmy podcast, which he co-hosts with retired Geelong premiership star Jimmy Bartel.​
'Because they have got the stadium over there, they've got to keep that rolling through.'​
I said no one over here is talking about it. And no one is. 😅😅
Yur a clown

Canard

Immortal
Our game is completely f**ked if we can't expand anywhere that has an AFL team, and can only afford to go somewhere if its 100% funded by the taxpayer (for a short term anyway).

No one in their right mind supports PNG. This is just shit posting by people with no idea.

Says Eddie. What a gullible twerp , gobbling up anything from AFL stooges.

City of Joondalup Mayor Albert Jacob has registered his town’s interest in securing the 20th AFL licence after the Tasmania announcement earlier this week.

Mayor Jacob, in making his pitch on SEN WA’s The Run Home, said Perth’s northern corridor is home to over 500,000 people that would jump at hosting an AFL team.

Joondalup is about 20 kilometres north of Perth's CBD.

“That’s part of why we have a position that if there’s going to be a third AFL franchise in WA, the northern corridor is obvious,” he said.

Bukowski

Juniors
Our game is completely f**ked if we can't expand anywhere that has an AFL team, and can only afford to go somewhere if its 100% funded by the taxpayer (for a short term anyway).

No one in their right mind supports PNG. This is just shit posting by people with no idea.
100%
We shouldn't go to Perth because of an AFL team that doesn't exist? He can't be that f**ked in the head.

mongoose

Coach
He is trying every angle possible to argue against Perth. Here are some more potential reasons :

-Too many Great White Sharks on the West coast
-Swan River is too windy
-The bloke who runs the Fremantle Prison doesn't like Rugby League
-Some journo for the West Australian said Perth was a waste of time back in 1997
-WA people have low bone density due to high levels of lead in the Pilbara or something

100%
We shouldn't go to Perth because of an AFL team that doesn't exist? He can't be that f**ked in the head.

I never said that.

You, on the other hand, said no one in Perth is talking about a third AwFuL team.

I pointed out there's a consortium and interest from the mayor of Joondalup. I provided links to back it up.bInstead of addressing these points like an adult, you and your mentally challenged dyslexic friend from Cairns - I cannot see what the inbred freak said because I've got him on ignore, but since you're responding to him and he is like a broken record it's not hard to guess what is on his small mind -- started talking about something that was never mentioned. It's as if the pair of you have an IQ of 70 and just finished your day at kindy.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Seriously why would Perth really want a third AFL team, the two they have got atm are struggling.
Fremantle (14th) and West Coast (18th) in 2023, both have very young squads.
The Joondalup Giants have a decent rugby league team.

Pippen94

First Grade
He is trying every angle possible to argue against Perth. Here are some more potential reasons :

-Too many Great White Sharks on the West coast
-Swan River is too windy
-The bloke who runs the Fremantle Prison doesn't like Rugby League
-Some journo for the West Australian said Perth was a waste of time back in 1997
-WA people have low bone density due to high levels of lead in the Pilbara or something

No bid
No real backers
Afl state
Only 4k watch on FTA
It failed before