What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

MugaB

Coach
Would you like me to comment every time you post something in here totally irrelevant to the thread? It’ll keep me busy but I can!

Just trying to help the east coast ignorance about WA not producing players. Education is Important!
Not in penriff its not, actually most of your posts are generally irrelevant

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another strong year for rugby league in perth

* 44k at Optus stadium reminding the nrl of the fanbase waiting for a club here

* nrlwa jnrs debuting in nrl and nrlw with WA born Kalyn Ponga winning men’s dally m and nrlwa jnr Destiny Brill getting dally m hooked of the year with nrlwa jnr Shanice Parker picking up a premiers medal with the Knights

* WA new premier doubles down on the Govt’s commitment to supporting an nrl bid

* North beach win the WA grand final in a nail biter

* WA rep sides perform well in the state championships and high school championships

* origin announced for perth for 2025 and 2028

* 132k tune in to ch9 to watch the NRL GF

all in all a pretty successful year for the game out West.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks like the Dolphins.
Does it? That’s like saying every club with blue and white jerseys look the same.
a deep scarlet red and an deeper old gold with mostly black and a shot of white is enough differentiator I’d say.
Presuming dolphins stick with their predominantly red and butterscotch gold main jersey colours.
IMG_1483.jpeg

IMG_1482.jpegIMG_1477.jpeg

The Great Dane

First Grade
Get rid of the red and you’ll be fine.
Copying the Dolphins red and metallic gold would be such a big mistake, especially when there's so much potential in other colour schemes.

The NRL needs to start getting proactive in the development of new club's brands, and mandate that expansion teams need to create brands that clash with the rest of the league as little as possible, just like the NSWRL did in the 80s and 90s.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Copying the Dolphins red and metallic gold would be such a big mistake, especially when there's so much potential in other colour schemes.

The NRL needs to start getting proactive in the development of new club's brands, and mandate that expansion teams need to create brands that clash with the rest of the league as little as possible, just like the NSWRL did in the 80s and 90s.
What colours would you suggest? Reality is most useable ones are already in use in some ways. Brown is horrible so no wonder hardly any sports club uses it. i can’t think of a decent colour not used in nrl currently?

The Great Dane

First Grade
What colours would you suggest? Reality is most useable ones are already in use in some ways. Brown is horrible so no wonder hardly any sports club uses it. i can’t think of a decent colour not used in nrl currently?
There're so many options. Pink or brown for a start, both of which can be great when done well. Orange, green, and purple schemes are under represented in the NRL and Australian sport in general as well. There're a bunch of classic sports schemes that aren't represented in the NRL either like black and yellow, red and black, yellow and red, black and white, orange and blue, green and yellow, green and orange, green and white, etc, etc, I could go on forever.

You could easily get away with a red scheme if your heart is set on it as well, though it would probably be wise to use a darker shade like burgundy or blood, or one that's closer to pink or orange on the spectrum, instead of the typical vibrant red shades that the rest of the teams with red in their scheme are using.

The Storm have basically abandoned purple and yellow for purple, silver/white, and navy, and as the saying goes, use it or lose it. So I personally wouldn't begrudge an expansion team if they went that route.

You could even explore playing with tones (ochre, pastels, neon, etc, etc), fabrics, and textures. The potential is only limited by your imagination and that that already exists in the NRL.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Go with Black and Yellow, like dane brought up some months back the Pittsburgh Pirates colour scheme looks the best