What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Perth Red

Post Whore
and another WA Jnr making his way into the NRL

249121_10151680276516532_119569981_n.jpg

Xfactor1979

Bench
Also, Perth red, you have to take into account the non-ratings the NRL (1K a week) has in Perth, in Perth NRL is almost seen to be a 'minority' sport, purely from the suppression of the "WAFC", Auskick and the Fumbleball obsessed media

Its almost certain, the NRL gets shown on GEM in Perth because of the necessity for Live sports odds and sports betting, because nobody in Perth watches NRL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Also, Perth red, you have to take into account the non-ratings the NRL (1K a week) has in Perth, in Perth NRL is almost seen to be a 'minority' sport, purely from the suppression of the "WAFC", Auskick and the Fumbleball obsessed media

Its almost certain, the NRL gets shown on GEM in Perth because of the necessity for Live sports odds and sports betting, because nobody in Perth watches NRL.

When it was live on nine on a Sunday afternoon a few years ago it got 20k plus, then they stuck it to midnight for a few years then brought it back on delay on gem last year. SOO and GF get around 100k so there is an audience to build on.

I don't have any faith in TV viewing figures anyway as the sampling is so low that it does not give anywhere close to accurate figures when you have Smaller audiences. For example one TV box in Perth equals twenty thousand viewers, get 10 NRL viewing families with a box and suddenly our figures are strong, it's all bs and laughable from a validity and reliability sample size.

The other values are in adding exposure for sponsors into an additional very wealthy capital city and the live ko times playing a game in wa gives, mainly that Sunday early evening slot.

Last edited:

gallagher

Juniors

That 1k a week you quote. Is that sunday footy on Nine? Because that coverage will never rate. You can watch the same game on Fox at the same time without the ads.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep I watch the Sunday game on Fox ad free at the same time slot as it is on GEM. Amazing how few people watch GEM in general.

sheepbender

Juniors
Anyone know when the Pirates will have more jerseys in, Ive looked every month for the last few, and still no stock. I asked them on twitter, and they said thered be new gear by the end of March, nothing..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone know when the Pirates will have more jerseys in, Ive looked every month for the last few, and still no stock. I asked them on twitter, and they said thered be new gear by the end of March, nothing..

Unlikely now until the ones for next years sg ball team are released. Get a training top or polo,they look better anyway!

Perth Red

Post Whore
In a further sign of the growth of the game in WA it was announced today that WA has become the first state outside of nsw and q'land to break the 3000+ registered players barrier. Well done to the warl and clubs for their great work.

taipan

Referee
In a further sign of the growth of the game in WA it was announced today that WA has become the first state outside of nsw and q'land to break the 3000+ registered players barrier. Well done to the warl and clubs for their great work.

Can you provide a reference for those registered players.I trust they are club registrations or do they include schools.
I have a couple of fumbleball posters ,who I would like to serve it up to them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can you provide a reference for those registered players.I trust they are club registrations or do they include schools.
I have a couple of fumbleball posters ,who I would like to serve it up to them.

Not sure mate, it was in an email sent out from ARL developing states manager Graham McNaney. I would imagine it is club registrations plus senior high school teams.

aarondoyle

Juniors
How many players did they have prior to the Reds being brought in and then getting kicked out?

I know a lot of clubs have folded over the years since Super League.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many players did they have prior to the Reds being brought in and then getting kicked out?

I know a lot of clubs have folded over the years since Super League.

Probably down from 6-7000 when the game was at its peak in the early 90's. yep we've lost about 7 clubs since then but gained some new ones in recent years and the signs are def good the game is starting to get back to its pre SL level in WA.
4 newest clubs are
Joondalup Giants
SW Warriors
Goldfield Titans (though they are shut up at the moment)
Mandurah Storm (Jnr's)

The Geraldton Vikings are also just starting up
The game in north WA is going great guns in the pilbara especially
We have a senior high school comp for the first time

elbusto

Coach
Not sure mate, it was in an email sent out from ARL developing states manager Graham McNaney. I would imagine it is club registrations plus senior high school teams.
This is 3000 registered Club players. Victoria will hit it this year as well. All good.

elbusto

Coach
By the way, WA won the Affiliated States Senior championship yesterday. I watched them - they were very good.

Latest posts