What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

jim_57

Staff member
Average crowds at MRS are 11865, Parra Stadium 14572. Average crowd last year at Olympic was 11979

You can't be serious? How very convenient that you leave out the Etihad games which takes the Storm's average so far above the Eels :lol: It won't stay there after this round but still either a great effort by the storm or a piss poor effort by the Eels... you choose. All games played at AAMI Park have taken place after the Salary Cap scandal... that'll be good for crowds :roll:

Loudstrat

Coach
Wow.:shock: Only 2707 less then Parra....one team has had all their Premierships stripped, are deep in AFL territory and have played all year for nothing and the other are Grand Finalists, were favourites for the Premiership and are in the heartland of RL.

I think adamkungl is on to something, next year might be very good for Storm. Also, disappointing from Parra fans.
Sorry dumbass. We are talking about how long it takes a new side in non League territory to get up to speed. Stick with the topic or get back into your cot.

You can't be serious? How very convenient that you leave out the Etihad games which takes the Storm's average so far above the Eels :lol: It won't stay there after this round but still either a great effort by the storm or a piss poor effort by the Eels... you choose. All games played at AAMI Park have taken place after the Salary Cap scandal... that'll be good for crowds :roll:
Ok. Add the Etihad crowds. Also have to ass the ANZ crowds which YOU conveniently forget.

Melbourne: 14662. Parra: 17372

Way to go dickhead!!!!!

jim_57

Staff member
Ok. Add the Etihad crowds. Also have to ass the ANZ crowds which YOU conveniently forget.

Melbourne: 14662. Parra: 17372

Way to go dickhead!!!!!

Wow, name calling, you're a class above aren't you Terry? I didn't forget, I just never bothered to check, unlike you who went to the trouble of finding Melbourne's average at AAMI Park and comparing it to Parra's at Parra Stadium. Why? you can't seriously think comparing the two averages this season means sh!t?

Fantastic, your club managed to average 2,500 more than a club who's been playing for squat most of the season. Every game at the new stadium has been for no competition points so explain how it's relavent to next year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Loudy you say you want Perth in, why?

Yes CC is producing players, because it is RL heartland. Perth is producing players despite its RL isolation. With a team and a new found profile that wil only grow, can the same be said on the CC? same for TV Gosford is already RL territory, it isn't going to change much wether they have a FT team or not. Perth however can only grow and get stronger with a team.

I can understand why CC fans are now getting nervous and picking on the Perth bid now there seems to be a credible 2nd heartland bid forming. Gallop has already expessed the desire of the NRl to have one heartland and one expansion team, so I suggest you Bears fans concentrate on rubbishing the Ipswich bid!

ps rubbishing Storm's crowds when they are only couple of thousand different from heartland teams with 100 years of history is laughable.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors

Yes CC is producing players, because it is RL heartland. Perth is producing players despite its RL isolation. With a team and a new found profile that wil only grow, can the same be said on the CC? same for TV Gosford is already RL territory, it isn't going to change much wether they have a FT team or not. Perth however can only grow and get stronger with a team.

I can understand why CC fans are now getting nervous and picking on the Perth bid now there seems to be a credible 2nd heartland bid forming. Gallop has already expessed the desire of the NRl to have one heartland and one expansion team, so I suggest you Bears fans concentrate on rubbishing the Ipswich bid!

ps rubbishing Storm's crowds when they are only couple of thousand different from heartland teams with 100 years of history is laughable.

Who is picking on the Perth Bid ? I think most Bears fans see Perth as the logical other bid, although what is said on these boards will not decide who gets in anyway.

My issue with Your posts a lot of the time (not with the Perth bid) is your rehashing of the Central Coast being reserved for a relocation etc etc. Just highlights your ignorance on the matter. It's Bears or nothing for the Central Coast.

bobmar28

Bench
It's a pretty fair trip to the city from Ipswich, even on the train from Ipswich Central to Milton. I've only done that trip once but from memory it was between half an hour and an hour. Certainly not far for people used to commuting and those keen enough to travel but it's almost like expecting the Titans to play at Lang Park. I think a second Brisbane team should play out of Lang Park, but this proposal isn't really for a second Brisbane team.

Only an hour, that's nothing. It's an hour from Liverpool to Sydney CBD on the train.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Exactly. f**k QLD.

Bears are concentrating on the bid mate. That's why we have people rocking our gear in 2 states. That's why we have locals turning up on tv in out gear, turning up to nrl fan commissions in our gear. That's why 28 sponsors and 2500 paid members later, we're still running membership drives, building equity and enticing more sponsors to join our cause. With local leagues clubs, juniors, schools and coaches joinimg our cause and having the mighty bears brand as a selling point we have tremendous momentum right now. No one is worried as the obvious fact is that had the ccbears not been pushing for entrance then expansion wouldn't even be on the agenda.

bobmar28

Bench
It might be a realatively short distance but how many people would go from Campbelltown or Penrith to the SFS every home game to see their team play? Some might but not that many. It's a 52,000 seat stadium. They're going to need a few dedicated fans to fill it, especially after the initial hype dies down.

There are plenty of Brisbane people who would like the option of another team to support.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
So QLD (rugby league heartland) waits five years to get a fourth team while NSW gets an eleventh team right now? I can't see that happening.

The last qld expansion club in south qld bombed. The titans are just breaking even and besides The broncos only the chargers ever made profits. 5 Years comes and goes very quickly. Considerig how
long us bears fans (who dwarf any fans from any other bid including nrl fan bases from sharks, raiders, storm and panters) have waited 12 years and that's with a strong case and constant growth and building within the community. Your bid has 10 official fans, no sponsors or corporate backers no equity or community plans (not even sure what community/ies you are actually representing). 2 months ago your bid didn't exist while 2 months ago my bid rounded up another sponsor and its 1800th member. We've had 12 years to prepare a business plan with self sustainability and grow our foundations. You have had 2 weeks and still no physical action. If march is seriously the deadline for bids then HTF will your bid manage to get resources? Especially when 0 planning has been done?

So by these standards, how many teams does Sydney truly have?
It's pretty clear that Sydney encompasses 9 teams (8 1/2 sort of). But Ipswich is not and has never been part of Brisbane. The urban sprawl means it almost practically is, but people don't see it that way. People in Brisbane are not going to identify with a team called the Ipswich Jets, unless they are people who have some link to the place.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Ipswich is very different from Brisbane. It wouldn't really be a 'second Brisbane team.' If anyone was really desperate for a Broncos alternative they would have already started to support the Cowboys when they got in or the Titans as a closer alternative (which is the same distance from Brisbane as Ipswich).

Also, Logan and Ipswich have pretty much nothing to do with each other either so where they get the whole 'Logan/Ipswich corridoor' thing is a mystery to me. Ipswich is west of Brissy, Logan is south of Brissy. And why would you need a team in Logan when the Titans are a 15/20 minute train ride away?

I think Ipswich is the right choice for a new SE QLD team with its own character etc. It will essentially become the focal point of the community out there as it sees its phenomenal growth- the thing that puts Ipswich on the map, so to speak, and gives the community its identity- so I reckon they'll support it. But they'd be wanting their own stadium fairly soon. As good as it would be having blockbusters at Suncorp it's hard enough getting to Skilled Park on a Friday night from Brissy let alone to Suncorp from Ipswich. The first year or two might be okay but eventually they'll need/want their own Skilled park.

mightybears

Bench
Only an hour, that's nothing. It's an hour from Liverpool to Sydney CBD on the train.

but if its branded as an Ipswich team, Brissie people just won't care enough to make it a goer in Brisbane [obviously some will-some will join up because its not the horses, but the tits sorta took many of those-esp southsiders].

yes there is obviously a market for a third SEQ team, but the marketing/naming has to be spot on.

mightybears

Bench

look at the sig Perth Red, most CCB ranters are sympatico.

Loudstrat

Coach
Wow, name calling, you're a class above aren't you Terry? I didn't forget, I just never bothered to check, unlike you who went to the trouble of finding Melbourne's average at AAMI Park and comparing it to Parra's at Parra Stadium. Why? you can't seriously think comparing the two averages this season means sh!t?

Fantastic, your club managed to average 2,500 more than a club who's been playing for squat most of the season. Every game at the new stadium has been for no competition points so explain how it's relavent to next year.
The difference is this. Those desperate to get Perth and Adelaide in and punt NSW clubs have the perfect example in Melbourne - like Perth and Adelaide - immersed in the AFL culture. Yet Melbourne - with double Perth's population, cannot match on average what a struggling Sydney side jags?

And yet the prime reason to punt Sydney clubs is lack of crowds????

Same reason as the Bears. They didn't deserve to get punted.

Well, actually they did - cut their throat and went SL. But apart from having a stupid board, the club was starting to chug along quite well. And their efforts in the post Rams years have to be acknowledged. IN comparison, Adelaide was sh*t, and did nothing post the Rams.

Yes, they will grow. At what rate though?
LOL - reciprocate you traditional Bears/NSW hater ffs!!!!!![/QUOTE]

It's pretty clear that Sydney encompasses 9 teams (8 1/2 sort of). But Ipswich is not and has never been part of Brisbane. The urban sprawl means it almost practically is, but people don't see it that way. People in Brisbane are not going to identify with a team called the Ipswich Jets, unless they are people who have some link to the place.
If Ipswich aint Brisbane, no way Penrith, Gosford, Campbelltown, Wollongong or Parra are Sydney.

Latest posts