What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers shift east

How is the SFS a prick to get to?

All you have to do is get a train to Central and catch the bus to Moore Park, or if you really want to, walk.

Both are as easy to get to as each other

bullsh*t.

SFS is a train to Central then a bus or long walk to Moore Park.

ANZ is 5 minutes walk from the station.

For someone from Campbelltown, it's an hour extra. I know, I've been to both regularly.

strange move.

as for getting to either place...

theyre both the same really. however the pub crawl back from the sfs is pretty good.

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade
Closer to Campbelltown?

In which dimension?

f**king stupid decision. They've just alienated the rest of the Campbelltown supporters by adding an hour to the travelling time to 6 games per year.

An extra hour? You're kidding yourself.

According to www.travelmate.com.au:

By car...
Campbelltown to Moore Park is 53.9km or 48 minutes.
Campbelltown to Homebush is 58.4km or 49 minutes.

According to www.cityrail.info

By train...
Campbelltown to Central is approximately 1h 17min
Campbelltown to Lidcombe is approximately 52 minutes
Lidcombe to Olympic Park is approximately 10 minutes.

Stop making excuses you lazy prick.

The sooner the great unwashed realise that the club can't afford to play 12 games at traditional grounds the better. Everyone was bitching about ANZ and now they've moved they're still bitching.

An extra hour? You're kidding yourself.

According to www.travelmate.com.au:

By car...
Campbelltown to Moore Park is 53.9km or 48 minutes.
Campbelltown to Homebush is 58.4km or 49 minutes.

According to www.cityrail.info

By train...
Campbelltown to Central is approximately 1h 17min
Campbelltown to Lidcombe is approximately 52 minutes
Lidcombe to Olympic Park is approximately 10 minutes.

Stop making excuses you lazy prick.

The sooner the great unwashed realise that the club can't afford to play 12 games at traditional grounds the better. Everyone was bitching about ANZ and now they've moved they're still bitching.

Stop talking wank you geniused leper-bait.

15 minutes extra by train is to Central station, not to the ground. I've done the trips numerous times and ANZ is so much easier and quicker to get to it isn't funny.

Get off your idiot know-all arse and actually do the trips and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I wasn't keen on ANZ, I'm keen on the games being at Leichhardt and Campbelltown, but this decision is just plain idiotic.

And why would anyone drive to ANZ or the SFS?

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Well, thats six less games that I'll be attending next year. This club continues to be a f**king joke.

And the worst thing is, they don't offer membership for just the Leichhardt and Campbelltown games, which is what most fans want.

BTW, Mr Longmuir said they "have done assessments on this". I'm a season ticket holder and was not asked about travelling to the SFS, nor were any other season ticket holders. They are full of sh*t.

I look forward to us eventually playing games interstate and we'll then have the brains trust telling us its not to far...

hrundi99

First Grade
Stop talking wank you geniused leper-bait.

I know you are but what am I? etc.

15 minutes extra by train is to Central station, not to the ground. I've done the trips numerous times and ANZ is so much easier and quicker to get to it isn't funny.

It's a 15 minute walk to the ground (shorter by bus), if that. So that's a total of 30 mins, not 60 mins, correct? I laid out the facts in my original post. If you disagree with the facts based on your experience then that's your prerogative. You may want to walk more quickly or buy a compass however.

Get off your idiot know-all arse and actually do the trips and you'll see what I'm talking about.

It's good for your story to assume I haven't, isn't it?

I wasn't keen on ANZ, I'm keen on the games being at Leichhardt and Campbelltown, but this decision is just plain idiotic.

Ok what I'm hearing is whaa I didn't like ANZ whaa I want the traditional ground even though the club can't afford it whaa the club decided to do something different to what I think whaa life is hard whaa...

And why would anyone drive to ANZ or the SFS?

Because it takes less time and it's more comfortable.

Last edited:

Southernsaint

Staff member
bullsh*t.

SFS is a train to Central then a bus or long walk to Moore Park.

ANZ is 5 minutes walk from the station.

For someone from Campbelltown, it's an hour extra. I know, I've been to both regularly.

HTFU, my friend. You can hit the Great Southern, then the KB, then the Excelcior, then that sh*te pub with the Swans jumper out the front, The Hoey, the Cricketers Arms, the Captain Cook and The Olympic before hitting your seats at the SFS.

Stop complaining.

Stagger eel

Staff member
30 mins? Have you got one leg or something?

no...but if you add the time it takes to walk out of the stadium with every other punter and then deal with pedestrian traffic, vehicle traffic and then wait for a train to come after you've walked that far than I'd suprised that it wouldn't surpass 30 minutes.

if you're happy with that than that's fine.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
5 @ LO, 5 @ CSO, 2 marquee games at ANZ or SFS... that would've worked better.

brooksy19

Bench
Don't mind the move to be honest.

I'm travelling from the Central Coast so getting just one train to central is better than swapping at straithfield and the concord again.

Plus theres a better pub crawl, culminating in a $7 Steak and vegies at the Capt Cook hotel.

Giddy up.

Calixte

First Grade
Can't you get anything right in Sydney these days???

Wests Tigers at the SFS and Souths at ANZ.

FFS.

:lol::lol::lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry but anyone arguing that the SFS is easier to access is f**king delusional. The fact it is not adjacent to a train station for starters... not to mention the parking situation there is an absolute shambles...

hrundi99

First Grade
Sorry but anyone arguing that the SFS is easier to access is f**king delusional. The fact it is not adjacent to a train station for starters... not to mention the parking situation there is an absolute shambles...

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, as am I.

Latest posts