What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers shift east

aids

Bench
i'm holding out on have strong feelings on this issue until the season ticket info is availble, if the move somes at a dramatic saving for season ticket holders it would offset the extra cost in getting to the games

up until last year WT season ticket holders were allowed to travel on the supporters bus free of charge to all home games, last year this was an added on feature i think at a relativly high cost, and cosidering the total cost of the seaon ticket last year was the highest it's been in the 5 years i've been a holder it was something i passed on.

It's a better ground to watch football, not relevent to the identy of the club.
which is currently shakey at best, and a real slap in the face that felt the homebush was move was simply an interim agreement leading back into a true 6/6 spllit between the two real homes the club has.

but as i said, i'm sitting on the fence until i see the price of a season ticket next year.

if it means the club misss out on a few hundred bucks from a fan, will they really mind?

The Business

Juniors
I agree with an earlier post that the SFS/Moore Park area needs a railway line.

Every metropolitan track in Melbourne has a train station apart from Moonee Valley which has a tram line going every direction. The MCG and Telstra Dome also have stations right next to the ground. Surely the same could happen in Sydney.

I was blessed over the years to only have to walk to the SFS but whenever I was in a car I never had problems finding parking.

sting

Bench
ffs what a pack of whingers. complaining about the difference in a 20min walk and a 30min walk. every time i go to the sfs its about a 2hr walk cause we have a great time hitting all the pubs on the way. if you're going to complain about a 30min walk you are clearly lazy. how about getting some exercise as opposed to sitting in front of your pc all day? and central station is hardly difficult to get to no matter where you are.

ffs make the effort to support your team. as a saints fan who lives in nth sydney i never complain about having to go to the gong or kogarah, and believe me thats alot further than campeltown to the city.

sfs is by far a better venue than anz anyway so just put up or shut up!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ffs what a pack of whingers. complaining about the difference in a 20min walk and a 30min walk. every time i go to the sfs its about a 2hr walk cause we have a great time hitting all the pubs on the way. if you're going to complain about a 30min walk you are clearly lazy. how about getting some exercise as opposed to sitting in front of your pc all day? and central station is hardly difficult to get to no matter where you are.

ffs make the effort to support your team. as a saints fan who lives in nth sydney i never complain about having to go to the gong or kogarah, and believe me thats alot further than campeltown to the city.

Those complaining about the SFS's accessibility are generally mums or dads with families who don't want the hassle late at night.

As someone else said it's fine for young single people with money to burn, but it will quickly burn a hole in the pockets of families...

Charlie124

First Grade
Why not Parramatta play out of Shark Park and Cronulla can play out of Parramatta Stadium???

Sounds good to me...

Perhaps Brisbane and the Cowboys could swap grounds halfway through 2009 too???

Auckland and Melbourne???

FFS. :lol:

Yes please!! i live in Brisbane so i only get to see the Cows play twice a year (3 times if i drive to the Gold Coast)

Teddyboy

First Grade
Crowds have been sh*t for West Tigers this year mainly because there fans don't have f**king clue where they are playing.
I never have known a country like Australia who has more Footy grounds then teams,it's f**king stupid.

Loudstrat

Coach

Since when is North Sydney to Kogarah a longer distance than Campbelltown to Moore Park?

Sounds like your motivation to walk to the sfs isn't based on fitness - especially if you think the walk from the train to ANZ is 20 mins. Try doing it sober next time - you'll find that it's only a 5 min walk, not a 20 minute stagger and vomit.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I can certainly understand why tiger fans are annoyed particularly those who live out campbo way, i know id be fuming if canberra moved any home games from Bruce, but are you not listening when the club tells you it simply can not afford to play all games at Campbelltown and Leichhardt? Isnt watching your team play at the SFS better then not being able to watch them at all?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Let's face it, they may as well cut off the "Wests" part of their name off now that they're only going to play 3 games in the west in 2009.

What a farcial decision - AFL is about to attempt to raid on Western Sydney and yet the Tigers decide that they don't want to play any games out there, not even in the Inner-West (Homebush) ffs.

Just re-name them the Sydney Tigers because they have barely any link to the Western Suburbs anymore.

Discuss.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
People can whinge about this but I'm happy with the decision. I hate going to ANZ. I will certainly go to more games now because of this decision.

I would love to see a 6-6 split along with every other fan.

But if this move means the tigers are around for the next 20 years then it is the right move.

And all those having a cry about it fair enough I am not happy too but you have to look at it from a business point of view an extra 600k in the kitty. What business is going to turn that away? I mean if they really wanted to they could have played all 12 games there.

sting

Bench
Since when is North Sydney to Kogarah a longer distance than Campbelltown to Moore Park?

Sounds like your motivation to walk to the sfs isn't based on fitness - especially if you think the walk from the train to ANZ is 20 mins. Try doing it sober next time - you'll find that it's only a 5 min walk, not a 20 minute stagger and vomit.

well my place is about 20mins walk from nth sydney station so then i have to train it to the city and then get on another train to carlton and those trains do not come very regularly at all. so since then.

of course my walk to the sfs isn't motivated by fitness. where did i say "i walk to the sfs because i'm fit?" you're an idiot. if you could read you would say my point was if you complain about a 30min walk or can't do it you clearly aren't fit.

where did i say it took 20mins to walk from the station to anz??? i was referring to some people saying it took 15 mins, 20mins, half hour etc from central to sfs. once again, you're talking rubbish.

gong_eagle

First Grade
why havent they tried Concord as a venue for a game
they train there, I often see them when I drive past

20,000 capacity
looks like a nice ground and it is in the inner west
just my thought

badav

Bench
Let's face it, they may as well cut off the "Wests" part of their name off now that they're only going to play 3 games in the west in 2009.

What a farcial decision - AFL is about to attempt to raid on Western Sydney and yet the Tigers decide that they don't want to play any games out there, not even in the Inner-West (Homebush) ffs.

Just re-name them the Sydney Tigers because they have barely any link to the Western Suburbs anymore.

Discuss.

Just goes to show that the financial situation with Sydney Clubs is dire. They're selling out one by one just to make enough money.

Dont be surprised if 10 years down the line (assuming all Sydney clubs are still around) if they have all dropped their location name and they all play out of ANZ stadium.

Latest posts