What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers v Canberra

innsaneink

Referee
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Thanks Crippler. Looking now.

mmmmm.....apart from jason Robinson and steve Lyons doing their shayne Hayne impressions, the footy was pretty good from Wests.

jed

First Grade
EA, Insane, there was a huge shoulder charge on Hodgson in the first half, literally just as he caught the ball - do you remember who put the hit on him?

innsaneink

Referee
I dont even remember it at the game, missed it then.

I think it was Weyman...14?...left arm bandaged?

legend

Coach
Not only did Smith not play, but Woolford and Frawley also missed the game. All three are certain starters against the Knights and it's far too early to tell where teams will finish up but I know for a fact the Raiders wont get the sppon and the reason I know this is because Ray Warren tipped them to get it on dead set legends. Nothing more needs to be said. :D

Duff

Juniors
EA said:
I dunno about anyone else, but putting money on something when you’re NOT confident is the mark of someone who’s pissed a few too many brain cells away.

If i was confident i guarantee you the bet would have been for alot more than $20. As stated before, $6.50 is good odds for a team that looked so inept last night and with such a weak squad, hence i decided i would wager $20 on the CHANCE they may get the spoon.

EA said:
Oh, I see, so your bet was because of the odds?

Well, I have a tip for you, West Brom are at 8 billion to 1 to win the EPL this season. You should have a lobster on that too. Much juicier odds than the odds you got on the Raiders.

Congratulations on having the smarts to realise that 8 billion to 1 is better odds than $6.50. I would have thought that concept was too advanced for you :clap:

EA said:
And today you think that you’re on a winner because, and I quote: “3 out of the 4 journos from today’s Herald agree with me”.

No, moreso it shows that my opinion is shared by people who are actually paid for their thoughts on the game rather than keyboard heroes like yourself.

EA said:
1. You claimed to have bet 20 on the Raiders to win the spoon immediately after the match, at Wests Leagues. (I don’t believe you by the way, they have an age restriction)

Petty putdowns referring to a strangers age now hey??? Mummy and Daddy must be proud.

EA said:
2. I said that I wished you’d bet it with me.

To which i was open for, at the right odds though. Wagering money needlessly isn't one of the things i aspire too in life so an even money bet for a team that is paying $6.50 at the TAB just doesn't make sense now does it? Hold on, i'm talking to what has to be the only guy on earth who would think it does :roll: .

EA said:
3. You said you would at 10 to 1 odds.

See above....

EA said:
4. I told you I wasn’t a bookie and it was even money with the proceeds to charity..

You showed you were a "cat" by offering someone a BET and then asking for even money when the odds are stacked in your favour. There are 15 teams in the competition, 4 of whom will be fighting to avoid the wooden spoon and you want me to bet even money with you. Does it hurt you when you think???

EA said:
5. You wouldn’t bet because you’re a cat.

Again above, in my opinion, offering an even money bet when the odds are stacked in your favour is extremely "cat" like. Oh and i prefer to give my money to Charity, rather than bet on it you tight twat.

EA said:
Yeah, we know, you’re an odds man. :lol:

Don’t forget West Brom.

As are most part time punters, and the difference between West Brom and canberra is quite simple. West Brom haven't a chance of winning the EPL and to be more precise were suspended from betting on the premier league quite a while back, while the raiders have quite a significantly higher chance of winning that spoon. Hence, the $20 bet. Do i need to dumb it down anymore for you to be able to grasp that concept?

EA said:
Que?

All I said was that I didn’t think they’d run last.

And I didn’t bet on it. I didn’t say I was confident and I didn’t say “So I ponced on down to Wests Leagues and put $20 on the Raiders to win the comp”.

Now your resorting to making things up to suit your story. Typing that you wished i would have put the $20 on with you, is therefore WISHING FOR A BET. While you never bet on it, your statement clearly indicates you were more than willing. Or are you just being a "cat" now???

EA said:
It wasn’t your opinion I was having a light-hearted shot at dopey, it was your statement.

There is a slight difference between the two.

It's mind boggling that you can have a problem with someone asking for odds after you indicate that you wouldn't mind a bet. I have stated many reasons above and i'm sure commonsense on your behalf will realise the error in your ways.

BJ

Juniors
it was a scrappy game.. tigers showed in the first half that they have got a few more options in attack now.. and with the return of marshal that will only increase further..
the biggest loss over the offseason was defensive players.. and it showed with 6 tries being run in and one very soft try dissalowed.. it will be a long season for the tigers unless they can harden up their defense and get their men upfront doing the hard work.. i liked what i saw from the youngers guys coming on and playing in the front row a bit of size, muscle and aggression from them..

the final score was 36-30 but i left and all the players were shaking hands and i don't think hodgson took the kick for goal.. it was only a few metres to the left so he would have potted it over quite easily..

Balmain_Boy

SOULS 04 said:
it was a poor game

but you know what tigers fans sucked in... sorry to the good tigers fans but the ones who were mouthing off deserve all the shite they got... the raiders were ordinary today giving away stupid penalties and making stupid mistakes... and we still ra you down and won... you also scored that consellation try on the bell too... the raiders weren't at all good today but we will get better and the tigers will be closer to the spoon that we will... souths may get it but you will be right in there with a shot.

you guys wanna make it raiders v tigers good... im all for it.... at least our side has still been making semis and we'll always have 89... geez i bet you wish benny could kick

Wow, you're a wanker. It looks like the Tigers/Raiders bullshit has finally started to settle down. Here you are attempting to start it up again when NO Tigers have said anything about the Raiders. I'm glad noone was pathetic enough to stop to your level. Grow up pal.

SOULS 04

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
SOULS 04 said:
it was a poor game

but you know what tigers fans sucked in... sorry to the good tigers fans but the ones who were mouthing off deserve all the shite they got... the raiders were ordinary today giving away stupid penalties and making stupid mistakes... and we still ra you down and won... you also scored that consellation try on the bell too... the raiders weren't at all good today but we will get better and the tigers will be closer to the spoon that we will... souths may get it but you will be right in there with a shot.

you guys wanna make it raiders v tigers good... im all for it.... at least our side has still been making semis and we'll always have 89... geez i bet you wish benny could kick

Wow, you're a wanker. It looks like the Tigers/Raiders bullsh*t has finally started to settle down. Here you are attempting to start it up again when NO Tigers have said anything about the Raiders. I'm glad noone was pathetic enough to stop to your level. Grow up pal.

oh yeh caus it had settled down so much.... its your guys that come in an initiate it.... so you know what you tiger tools can call me anything you want and this year im giving it back and then some....

look at the stats guys... you got nothing when it comes tothe raiders v tigers battle... so yeh if you think its settled down then stay out of it... im sure there are plenty of yours guys who are happy to start it up

Balmain_Boy

SOULS 04 said:
Balmain_Boy said:
SOULS 04 said:
it was a poor game

Wow, you're a wanker. It looks like the Tigers/Raiders bullsh*t has finally started to settle down. Here you are attempting to start it up again when NO Tigers have said anything about the Raiders. I'm glad noone was pathetic enough to stop to your level. Grow up pal.

oh yeh caus it had settled down so much.... its your guys that come in an initiate it.... so you know what you tiger tools can call me anything you want and this year im giving it back and then some....

look at the stats guys... you got nothing when it comes tothe raiders v tigers battle... so yeh if you think its settled down then stay out of it... im sure there are plenty of yours guys who are happy to start it up

Just you wanker.

EA said:
I dunno about anyone else, but putting money on something when you’re NOT confident is the mark of someone who’s pissed a few too many brain cells away.

Duff said:
If i was confident i guarantee you the bet would have been for alot more than $20. As stated before, $6.50 is good odds for a team that looked so inept last night and with such a weak squad, hence i decided i would wager $20 on the CHANCE they may get the spoon.

We've already established that you bet when the odds are juicy. Confidence isn't an issue. The point is that you just won't admit that you've already given the Raiders the spoon. The fact that you're not prepared to back it up when you're called is your problem.

Also, we may land on Pluto in the next 20 years, the odds should be good for that too?

Are we there yet?

EA said:
Oh, I see, so your bet was because of the odds?

Well, I have a tip for you, West Brom are at 8 billion to 1 to win the EPL this season. You should have a lobster on that too. Much juicier odds than the odds you got on the Raiders.

Duff said:
Congratulations on having the smarts to realise that 8 billion to 1 is better odds than $6.50. I would have thought that concept was too advanced for you :clap:

Yeah, but you look for odds, confidence is not an issue apparently. What better odds can you get than 8 billion to 1?

EA said:
And today you think that you’re on a winner because, and I quote: “3 out of the 4 journos from today’s Herald agree with me”.

Duff said:
No, moreso it shows that my opinion is shared by people who are actually paid for their thoughts on the game rather than keyboard heroes like yourself.

They're no more accurate than anyone who posts here. Jesus, even a dumbarse like you may get lucky with his tips. Even a blind dog will find a bone occasionally.

Want an example?

Phil Gould, Panthers, 2003. He missed it by 14 places and he is a person paid highly for his opinions on Rugby League.

The fact that you think that a couple of journos agreeing with you means that you're on the right track is laughable.

EA said:
1. You claimed to have bet 20 on the Raiders to win the spoon immediately after the match, at Wests Leagues. (I don’t believe you by the way, they have an age restriction)

Duff said:
Petty putdowns referring to a strangers age now hey??? Mummy and Daddy must be proud.

Petty?

Like talking about my mummy and daddy?

That was not petty my geniused little pissant friend.

Now that was petty.

EA said:
2. I said that I wished you’d bet it with me.

Duff said:
To which i was open for, at the right odds though. Wagering money needlessly isn't one of the things i aspire too in life so an even money bet for a team that is paying $6.50 at the TAB just doesn't make sense now does it? Hold on, i'm talking to what has to be the only guy on earth who would think it does :roll: .

You didn't mention odds in your initial post. Don't try to make out that you did. It was only after I said I'd like to have taken your 20 that you started barking about odds.

Wagering money because the odds are good and proclaiming it in a forum is what you're about.

When called, you backed down.

Christ, I don't even follow Canberra.

And please, what were the odds you told me you'd bet $20 with me on the same thing for?

They weren't 5 1/2 to 1 were they?

EA said:
3. You said you would at 10 to 1 odds.

Duff said:
See above....

You want me to read it again?

ok.

Ok, you still look like a goose.

EA said:
4. I told you I wasn’t a bookie and it was even money with the proceeds to charity..

Duff said:
You showed you were a "cat" by offering someone a BET and then asking for even money when the odds are stacked in your favour. There are 15 teams in the competition, 4 of whom will be fighting to avoid the wooden spoon and you want me to bet even money with you. Does it hurt you when you think???

I wasn't the one proclaiming that the Raiders would run last, you were.

You just don't have the balls to back it up.

That spells C A T.

EA said:
5. You wouldn’t bet because you’re a cat.

Duff said:
Again above, in my opinion, offering an even money bet when the odds are stacked in your favour is extremely "cat" like. Oh and i prefer to give my money to Charity, rather than bet on it you tight twat.

meowwwww.

EA said:
Yeah, we know, you’re an odds man. :lol:

Don’t forget West Brom.

Duff said:
As are most part time punters, and the difference between West Brom and canberra is quite simple. West Brom haven't a chance of winning the EPL and to be more precise were suspended from betting on the premier league quite a while back, while the raiders have quite a significantly higher chance of winning that spoon. Hence, the $20 bet. Do i need to dumb it down anymore for you to be able to grasp that concept?

Yeah, you need to talk slower too.

Why don't you ring a bookie and tell him you want to put money on West Brom at 8 billion to 1 and see if he'll take your money?

Ok then, Everton are mathematically still a chance but would probably be at 1000 to 1 +, plonk it on them.

EA said:
Que?

All I said was that I didn’t think they’d run last.

And I didn’t bet on it. I didn’t say I was confident and I didn’t say “So I ponced on down to Wests Leagues and put $20 on the Raiders to win the comp”.

Duff said:
Now your resorting to making things up to suit your story. Typing that you wished i would have put the $20 on with you, is therefore WISHING FOR A BET. While you never bet on it, your statement clearly indicates you were more than willing. Or are you just being a "cat" now???

Sure, I'd take your $20.

FFS, you've probably given it to the TAB and they make millions in profit every year. Yet a bet with someone at even money who is prepared to let all the proceeds go to charity is something you're backing away from quicker than a Seventh day Adventist at a Bacon, Pork and Ham barbecue day.

You just expect anyone who isn't an official betting agency to give you nearly double the odds that an official agency would give you.

I'd give you even money.

Which is worse?

Me not giving you the odds you want or you not wanting to back yourself up?

EA said:
It wasn’t your opinion I was having a light-hearted shot at dopey, it was your statement.

There is a slight difference between the two.

Duff said:
It's mind boggling that you can have a problem with someone asking for odds after you indicate that you wouldn't mind a bet. I have stated many reasons above and i'm sure commonsense on your behalf will realise the error in your ways.

I don't have a problem at all.

This escalated after a tongue-in-cheek line that you obviously had a drama with. I really didn't care if you had a problem with it or not. Since then it's been obvious to everyone, but you, what was going to happen.

Pretty soon it should click with you what's going on, but I'm not hopeful.

If you guys are going to bitch and moan about something that has nothing to do with this thread can you do it elsewhere...........

SOULS 04

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
SOULS 04 said:
Balmain_Boy said:
SOULS 04 said:
it was a poor game

Just you wanker.

oh another quality three words there... gee you certainly have my number today

Latest posts