What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys Final

Tigers or Cowboys to win?

• Cowboys

Votes: 75 48.4%
  • Tigers

Votes: 80 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slappy

Juniors
hopefully the last 2 weeks will be the reality check they needed before the finals!
After being beaten by the storm, they might have thought it was just a bit of bad luck, but after the panthers demolition they would be well and truly back on the ground! Hopefully the tigers will learn from these experiences and really muscle up in defense, cos if they don't they will get steamrolled!

Hari Kari

Juniors
TV Ted Ellery said:
Another factor to take into account in the neutral venue. Any home ground advantage that Wests would have enjoyed has been almost nullified.

it's a lot more a Tigers home than it is a Cowboys, the Tigers play some home games there during the season, the fans will be majority Tigers fans.

Tigers have played more games there this season than the Cowboys, the Cowboys are on a trip away from home.

not much being nullified.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Bumble said:
Well, Tigers are assured victory now..:lol:

I think this is also the genius that had 'TIGERS WILL WIN THE SPOON' in his sig, for the first quarter of the season until it magically disappeared.

A lot of Tigers' fans were actually hoping for a loss coming into the finals but two were a bit much. However, I think it will give them a bit of a reality check. The crowd will be a huge advantage for the Tigers, and being written off as 'pretenders' will only make them play better, as they have shown throughout the year. Tigers by 6.

Eddie.

Bench
tiger pride said:
I think this is also the genius that had 'TIGERS WILL WIN THE SPOON' in his sig, for the first quarter of the season until it magically disappeared.

That is correct. Saab quietly removed that from his list of predictions this season after about round 4.

We will give a good account of oursevles. We have the points in us to go all the way, like Penrith in 2003. They say it 1000 times but defence is mainly about attitude and im expecting it to improve in semi final intensity matches. How much it improves by will determine our fate.

lockyno1

Post Whore
My heart say that I want the Tigers to win, however my head says that the Cowboys will win due to the fact that they have finals experience!

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
I'm surprised the Tigers have taken the lead in this I really though the 3/4 of people would pick cowboys. I hope the game is as close as this poll. With a Wests Tigers win in the end!

bula_stormer

Juniors
Melbourne played both teams in the last week and im based on what ive seen in those games i have to go with Wests. Cowboys just got over the line with Melbourne and were lucky to win, most of their tries came from kicks rather than any structure. Tigers looked far more dangerous even though they lost, Tries came after moving the ball wide and catching out the defense. So tips on the tigers to bounce back.

choc_soldier

Coach
Toss of the coin job. Both can attack brilliantly, but the Cowboys are a better defensive unit. However, the Tigers are at home, and that'll lift them.

Tigers... just.

Choppies

Coach
and the whole crowd will be behind the Tigers.

I reckon you will hear a few huge TIGERS chants during the game.

Young Elias

Juniors
TIGERS.

I agree with the comments by bula_stormer above, Tigers looked better aginst the Storm than the Cowboys did.

I was resigned to the fact we would be beaten by teh Cows after our performance against Penrith, but after the dust has settled I think we can beat them.

Is it just me or do the Cowboys seem to be disjointed lately? They seem to be playing as individuals rather than a team, totally the opposite to last season.

Cmon you might Tigers! Do it for us long suffering fans.

Can't wait to hit Telstra for the first time since I watched us get smacked by the Eels in round 1.

smeghead

Bench
The only thing I am sure of is that at 8pm Friday night form and predictions wont be worth a pinch of sh*t. I am like Cullus and overjoyed to be in this situation.
Win or lose Tigers fans enjoy the experience and be satisfied that we proved the critics wrong this year

super_coach

First Grade
The tigers after a golden two months are now starting to get the shakes.The cowboys have not been playing well for months,but they do have last years campaign through September to call on.
I think the tigers forward pack will really struggle,at this end of the season.Murray has picked every big man he can find--cant see a tigers victory,but 2005 is going to be the platform of golden few years for the tigers.ps--they could prove me wrong they usually do

Bumble

First Grade
tiger pride said:

Yes, and lets not forget "Souths won't win another" game...

Souths then won 7 and drew one out of 13.

foster

Juniors
Choppies said:
and the whole crowd will be behind the Tigers.

I reckon you will hear a few huge TIGERS chants during the game.

there will be alot more cowboys fans there than what you think.you seem to forget just how many made the trips down there last year.cowboys by 13.

innsaneink

Referee
Eddie. said:
That is correct. Saab quietly removed that from his list of predictions this season after about round 4.

We will give a good account of oursevles. We have the points in us to go all the way, like Penrith in 2003. They say it 1000 times but defence is mainly about attitude and im expecting it to improve in semi final intensity matches. How much it improves by will determine our fate.

LOL...what a goose.:lol:

I like smeg will just enjoy the moment, win or lose.... weve improved from 03/04, and then again from 04/05...we been heading in the right direction for 24 months....theres more to come. Much much more. :D

Latest posts