What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you most looking forward to seeing or happening, in the 2006 NRL season ?

Knightmare

Coach
Because this is how confident I am that Newcastle will finish higher in 2006. Even with the start they got to this year, they fell one win and 60-odd points shy of finishing above Canberra.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Thats no achievement, we were a team who had equally bad injuries as the knights but apparently "not nearly as talented team" yet we still finished above ya's and i think it will be the case again in 06

benno

Juniors
change of 'bickering' subject. Milton Thaiday having and entire year to show his abilities...hopefully i havnt jinxed him now

Raider_69

Post Whore
This one has already gone down JM and yes it was backed with stats... injured wise we were neck and neck mate... the only difference is we arnt using it as an excuse for a piss poor season (no need to when elliott is a perfectly reasonable excuse)

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
This one has already gone down JM and yes it was backed with stats... injured wise we were neck and neck mate... the only difference is we arnt using it as an excuse for a piss poor season (no need to when elliott is a perfectly reasonable excuse)

Care to drag those stats up then? I seem to recall the Knights suffering more injuries.

Oh and no one expected the Raiders to do well anyway, hence why they can't complain that injuries ruined their season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
Care to drag those stats up then? I seem to recall the Knights suffering more injuries.

Oh and no one expected the Raiders to do well anyway, hence why they can't complain that injuries ruined their season.

Your the one that needs confirmation, do the research yaself
this season i believe the knights used about 35 players this year and the raiders used about 31... not that much difference espeically considering we would have had more had the 2nd Teir cap not ristricted us in the final 8 off rounds... Forcing 3 players to play the final rounds with broken bones (Jason Smith, Alan Tongue and Adam Mogg)
No one expected the knights to do anything once johns went down either but it doesnt stop your mob whinging to the heavens about how injuries destroyed your season...

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Your the one that needs confirmation, do the research yaself
this season i believe the knights used about 35 players this year and the raiders used about 31... not that much difference espeically considering we would have had more had the 2nd Teir cap not ristricted us in the final 8 off rounds... Forcing 3 players to play the final rounds with broken bones (Jason Smith, Alan Tongue and Adam Mogg)
No one expected the knights to do anything once johns went down either but it doesnt stop your mob whinging to the heavens about how injuries destroyed your season...

First of all, I'm not the one claiming things as fact and not backing them up with proof. You know you were exaggerating and the stats prove that.

Secondly, we had several players play with injuries towards the end of the season due to the second tier cap. This was backed up by the fact that Hagan named a few reserve-graders who he said would've played firsts if permitted.

Lastly, you just backed up my point.
"No one expected the knights to do anything once johns went down".
Yes, that sums it up in a sentence. An injury ruined our season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
First of all, I'm not the one claiming things as fact and not backing them up with proof. You know you were exaggerating and the stats prove that.

Secondly, we had several players play with injuries towards the end of the season due to the second tier cap. This was backed up by the fact that Hagan named a few reserve-graders who he said would've played firsts if permitted.

Lastly, you just backed up my point.
"No one expected the knights to do anything once johns went down".
Yes, that sums it up in a sentence. An injury ruined our season.

I dont need to back my case with with stats, i know them to be so if your not convinced you can look it up, yes the knights had more injuries but only by a whisker, i believe it was 2-3 players, and lets face it, they were neville's anyways whats a few neville's between 20 odd decent?

Facts are both teams had a horrendous injury toll, one team is blaming them, one team is not...

Injuries didn't ruin your season, 13 loses in a row did. You had 17 players on the park each week and couldnt get the job done, if your juniors were as good as you claim them to be you would have... Johns or no johns...

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
I dont need to back my case with with stats, i know them to be so if your not convinced you can look it up, yes the knights had more injuries but only by a whisker, i believe it was 2-3 players, and lets face it, they were neville's anyways whats a few neville's between 20 odd decent?

But what you claimed was wrong. You were lying to strengthen your case. Weak.

Raider_69 said:
Facts are both teams had a horrendous injury toll, one team is blaming them, one team is not...

If a Raiders fan claimed "injuries prevented us from making the finals series this year", he would be laughed at. Raiders at best might have scraped into the 8. The Knights were expected to do decently.
Injuries brought Knights down from pissible top 8 to wooden spoon.
Injuries brought the Raiders down from 12th to 14th.

Raider_69 said:
Injuries didn't ruin your season, 13 loses in a row did. You had 17 players on the park each week and couldnt get the job done, if your juniors were as good as you claim them to be you would have... Johns or no johns...

Why do you think we lost 13 straight?
Injuries. That's why, and you know it. If you try to deny that you're as biased as they come.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
But what you claimed was wrong. You were lying to strengthen your case. Weak.

If a Raiders fan claimed "injuries prevented us from making the finals series this year", he would be laughed at. Raiders at best might have scraped into the 8. The Knights were expected to do decently.
Injuries brought Knights down from pissible top 8 to wooden spoon.
Injuries brought the Raiders down from 12th to 14th.

Why do you think we lost 13 straight?
Injuries. That's why, and you know it. If you try to deny that you're as biased as they come.

What i claimed wasnt wrong, Canberra and Newcastle has very similar injury tolls. Unless you can prove otherwise then stop talking sh*t mate. This argument has been had and it was concluded that the injuries of both clubs was very similar

I realise knights fans need this "worst injury toll by far" thing to cling to, a reason to shake off the spoon, but its a load of sh*t and you know it.

You lost 13 straight because you were junk and played like sh*t, thats why, same reason we lost our last 7, you had 17 fit players and they wernt up to the task, blame your injuries if you like but its a cop out
And for the record we were relatively injury free for the first 6 rounds... during that time we led the comp... on your theory i can claim injuries cost us a premiership :roll:

Balmain_Boy

Canberra were impacted far more by injuries IMO. They were surviving with a half fit Smith, who meant almost as much to the Raiders as Johns did to the Knights. Not only that but they were missing a hell of lot of forwards and Schifcofske as well at one point. Yet unlike the Knights the Raiders kept battling on and nearly winning matches against good, finals teams like the Broncos and Tigers despite these injuries in the latter half of the season. Something the Knights did not do in the first half of the season.

I dislike the Raiders immensely, but the impact of injuries on them was on par with the Knights. Despite this they managed to compete.

RABK

Referee
Knights competed, we lost 7 or 8 games by 10 points or less. Check you facts.

Balmain_Boy

Actually, 9 of your 13 match losing streak (which is what I was talking about) were lost by at least 16. But I don't want to look like i'm bashing the Knights, I don't mean it that way. I just think 69 has just as much of a right to complain about injuries as you lot do.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
I just think 69 has just as much of a right to complain about injuries as you lot do.

We do, but as said, we dont want to, because we had 17 blokes each week trying their guts out and in most weeks they were good enough to get close enough which to me says they had the ability to win, we lost and no excuses to why that happened, injury wise that is. Matt Elliott on the other has alot to answer for

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
What i claimed wasnt wrong, Canberra and Newcastle has very similar injury tolls.

Stop changing your wording you tool.

Go and look at what you first said and what you just said then.

You were wrong and you even admitted it later.

Latest posts