What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Chance The Top 4?

Card Shark

Immortal
I would be happy with 5th, get a home game v Warriors or Raiders then we play coming off a win against our Bunnies!

Beats 4th and a trip to Brisbane 1st week and then having to play week 2 coming off a bad loss.

I'd rather take our chances in Brisbane, where we have a recent good record, than be in a sudden death match, possibly against Manly.

If we lose week 1, then we get a "home" semi.

With Manly flogging Souths, the door is ajar for the top 4.

eddiesmith

Juniors
I'd rather take our chances in Brisbane, where we have a recent good record, than be in a sudden death match, possibly against Manly.

If we lose week 1, then we get a "home" semi.

With Manly flogging Souths, the door is ajar for the top 4.

Door is very ajar, I have us finishing 4th despite only winning 3/5. If we lose to Storm but beat Cowboys, Storm finish 5th so they would be our week 2 opponents. Beat Storm and Bunnies finish 5th! The Storm finish with Cowboys in Melb and Broncos in Bris.

Also have Manly beating us and still missing out!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well the footy Gods are doing everything possible to align us with a top 4 spot this year. How bad do we want it?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Today's game is a bonus if we jag it. Critical one is next week v Storm. Have been saying for a while souffs are shot ducks. Storm are our main opposition for 4th spot which is why next week is so crucial.

Card Shark

Immortal
Today's game is a bonus if we jag it. Critical one is next week v Storm. Have been saying for a while souffs are shot ducks. Storm are our main opposition for 4th spot which is why next week is so crucial.

Absolutely crucial.

Well the footy Gods are doing everything possible to align us with a top 4 spot this year. How bad do we want it?

Premiers rarely come from outside the top 4, if that's any guide.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's not too rare, I think the bulldogs were the last mob to do it within a decade?

Yeh it's certainly happened a few times in NRL history but we aren't the Bulldogs.

The fewer knockout games we have to play in the finals, the better.

Less chance to choke.

Top 4 big chance, and big possibilty a sydney game, as Roosters are now looking big threat to over run both QLD teams.

I wouldnt mind that match up at all

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Grand Finals are a completely different game.

Roosters have played in about three GF's in the last five years, they have far more experience in that department. If there is a team i'd prefer to play in the big one it would be the Cowboys.

Having said that we have a 100% record this season against both clubs.

Card Shark

Immortal
Agree Glenmore.

Whilst we have the wood on the Roosters, they would be a different beast in the finals with their experience & class- them & the Eagles are the 2 teams I wouldn't like to meet.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
So next weekend we need:

- Cowboys to beat Souths (hopefully flog them by a cricket score) in order for us move into outright 4th should we beat Melbourne.

- Dragons to beat Brisbane at Suncorp to keep Manly out of eighth place. We do NOT want those grubs anywhere near the top 8 because if we have to play them at all they will steam roll us like they always do. We need St George to win every game from here on to stay ahead of Manly.

Our biggest hope apart from ourselves right now, believe it or not, could be our own worst enemy.

Card Shark

Immortal
So next weekend we need:

- Cowboys to beat Souths (hopefully flog them by a cricket score) in order for us move into outright 4th should we beat Melbourne.

If the Cowboys beat the Rabbits & we beat the Storm, we are outright 4th GS. On level points atm.

Don't write Canberra off, if they win tomorrow they will be ahead of the Eagles on for / against & play them in Canberra next week. Vital game for the makeup of the semis.

Latest posts