What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What constructive thoughts would you like our board and CEO to hear ?

Glenn

First Grade
Would like to know what is going to be done to stop the leakes appearing in the media, so the team can go about there business without the constant speculation hanging over them.

Eelvis

Juniors
Would like us to be more professional in the player market and not be outdone by other clubs so frequently....We had a chance to purchase a quality hooker (watts) and we see him lost to easts.I think at the time staggs said his asking price was too much... but nevertheless it shoulda been a purchase we made imo

bartman

Immortal
Game Day experience is the big thing that could bring new ticketed Members back year on year (when the lure of on field performance slips as it did this season).

I'm for having venues/dates known and advertised as far in advance as possible - this means picking your two Homebush games and sticking with them. And then cultivating sell-outs at Parra (which will drive future sign-ups for Memberships among anyone that misses out). Don't talk about shifting games once the season has started, just sell all the bloody tickets at Parra first!

I'm also for getting rid of the ground announcer, and swapping to someone who isn't in love with the sound of their own voice, can lower the decibels by about half, and doesn't commentate during the game. Have a system (like before) where you have an announcer in the stand who is in control, and then throw down to someone else on the field for a 10 minutes stint (maximum) before the game, and some half time banter.

The use of the video screen and highlights packages and interviews has been good. They could expand this pre-game, so that the ground announcer doesn't have to rant/speak non-stop for 30 minutes. If you use the screen well, you don't even have to draw the crowd's attention to it - people will be captivated for themselves.

Thank god they stopped the ground announcer calling players "Eel number xxx-xxx-xx" without any explanation as he announced the team. Thank god they got rid of the open gates between sections and checking tickets very five minutes policy. Now they just need to act to improve the food service/queues and prices.... as the stadium's major tenant we should have the power to influence those things.

Gronk

Staff member
1. Crap recruitment. Nuf said.
2. Bullsh*t press. Yes we might be a target because of popularity. But that means you just have to try extra hard to keep rubbish out of the press. Loose lips sinks ships. I don't buy the BS that it's others outside the board who are trying to undermine 3P etc. Confidential conversations at board level are being made public FFS. Stop the crap. Doesn't happen at Dragons, Tigers etc but it happens with us. Fix it.
3. Game day experience is sh*te. People don't bother turning up until 10 mins b4 kick off these days. Why ? Well, I'm sure that most of the punters would tell you that there is no point. No reggies or entertainment. Boring !

Constructive Feedback.

Membership.

Re-add the $25 membership even if only for Previous Football club memberships, to keep those previous members who have been members from back in the "Dark Old Days"

Re-name the Hayne membership to Gold Membership.

Allow members in the other seating options to upgrade single seats or all seats to either Gold or Platinum membership packages.

Game Day experience

Stop Mark Warren Speaking constantly.

Add another Big Screen to the Southern End (use a screen on the back of a Trailer) and that would stop the "Can't see the video screen complaints"

Food and Drink

Beg the Stadium to spend the $5 million they have in the bank to upgrade food and Drink areas this off season, bring them in line with ANZ Stadium.

Get someone like Red Rooster to run the in ground Food Stalls, and a similar price to the normal stores, hence stopping the brining in or commercial purchased food from outside the venue.

Shut the gates once food and drink are updated. I shouldn't need to show my pass every time I want to go from my seat to the food/drink or Bathroom and back.

Events

Bring Back the Fan Forum and the Trivia night.

Allow Blue Blood and Hayne (Gold) members to purchase the tickets to the Season Launch, Presentation Night and Blue and Gold Ball at an Additional costs, Ensure that the Extra costs are more than buying the Gold Membership.

Move the Season Presentation back to the Week after the Grand Final.

Income

As I have already said to Ozzie, do a Raffle like almost every AFL club does. Each Members gets 10 tickets to sell at $5 a ticket. If only 10% of your membership do it, that is $55,000 dollars. If everyone of our members spent the $50 on the tickets one a year, that is a fair chunk of cash. Have a special draw for those that sell (or buy themselves) a full book to win Grand Final tickets to the X-Seats that Parramatta Leagues club owners at ANZ Stadium.

Communications

Don't write all e-mail text in Italics it is annoying an difficult to read.

If events are happening that are being advertised to the public (Like presentation night Red Carpet or The Players at St Paul's) then put that in the E-mails to the members during the week.

Parra Guru

Coach
Membership

'Platinum' membership upgrade (season launch, presentation etc) should be a one-off cost available to ALL levels of membership, NOT just the members in the Ken Thornett stand (Hayne Membership).

Game Day

Replace Mark Warren. Talks constantly, calls players by the wrong names etc.

General

Please arrange more signing sessions for the public during the year (e.g. Parklea Markets style)

Board Members

Should make a pact go on a media ban, with the exception of Osborne. Show some unity within the club please.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just on the membership I dont see any point in having a membership for $70 odd when those of us that live in the country cant use about 90% of the benefits therefore there is no point in us renewing.

Parra Guru

Coach
Just on the membership I dont see any point in having a membership for $70 odd when those of us that live in the country cant use about 90% of the benefits therefore there is no point in us renewing.

I initially said the increase was too much for non ticketed members. And the contents of the package leave a lot to be desired for adults.

strider

Post Whore
#-o .... omfg - don't go there twizz .... and whatever you do don't mention the hat :crazy:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Bring Back Reserve Grade so supporters can once again enjoy a "3 game experience".
Not having a decent reserve grade competition means so much RL talent is being lost.
I know this is an NRL issue and probably something for the Independant Commission but clubs need to push this so why not lead the way.

zuke

Juniors
- The recruitment and retention is high on my list of disappointments.
- secondly, family tickets are only sold for the Sterling and Kenny hills. For the price that you pay and the poor view of the match I would rather stay home and watch the game on Fox.

HevyDevy

Coach
2. Bullsh*t press. Yes we might be a target because of popularity. But that means you just have to try extra hard to keep rubbish out of the press. Loose lips sinks ships. I don't buy the BS that it's others outside the board who are trying to undermine 3P etc. Confidential conversations at board level are being made public FFS. Stop the crap. Doesn't happen at Dragons, Tigers etc but it happens with us. Fix it.
!

They tried to fix it - even held a meeting about it - but it didn't work and the two people responsible for the leaks are not going to stop.

forward pass

Coach
Constructive Feedback.

Game Day experience

Add another Big Screen to the Southern End (use a screen on the back of a Trailer) and that would stop the "Can't see the video screen complaints"

I know we have been through this before, but surely it would be more cost effective to move the billboards to the rear of the hill than a whole new scoreboard - even allowing for the income they bring in.

I know we have been through this before, but surely it would be more cost effective to move the billboards to the rear of the hill than a whole new scoreboard - even allowing for the income they bring in.

Billboards to the Rear of the Hill takes the out of the TV Arc, and makes then virtually useless. The boards bring in over $120,000 a year where they are. I doubt severely that Renting another Bigscreen for the other end would cost that much for 10 games a year.

SDM

First Grade
Move the Dragons and Tigers games to Homebush, Parra Stadium was outdated in 1975 and it hadn't even been built yet.

oldmancraigy

Coach
1. Recruitment and retention. I'd like to congratulate the board for not paying ridiculous money for mediocre talents.
I disagree with most people around here, I actually think the recruitment has been careful and targetted. In the end you can't do much when someone chooses another path - the best you can do is try and woo the ones you need (Cronk, Cooper) and let go the ones that are just no good (KK, Mateo, Inu).

2. Stadium capacity concerns. I'd like to see less games played at Parramatta stadium if the trust is never going to act on increasing the seating capacity. It's cheaper for the club to play at Homebush anyway, it's pretty well Parra territory, is easier to get to. Parra stadium is a much better watching venue, but it needs to have an extra 10k seats.

hasman

Juniors
Good idea. I think Game day needs to be looked at, the screen is always an issue.

- Get rid of the Ground Announcer - reasons have already been mentioned.
- Fix the catering. Twice as many people serving alcohol that food is a disgrace. Waiting 15 minutes to get served and there is only 3 people ahead of you.

Parramatta 1947.

(1) TV Screen - Needs to go to the Stadium Trust.

(2) Ground Announcer - Agree with you.

(3) Catering - Needs to go to Stadium Trust.

Stadium Trust goodluck getting Through staff While Fitzy is on the Board.

forward pass

Coach
Billboards to the Rear of the Hill takes the out of the TV Arc, and makes then virtually useless. The boards bring in over $120,000 a year where they are. I doubt severely that Renting another Bigscreen for the other end would cost that much for 10 games a year.

I know what you are saying MITS but it would be interesting to know how many families DON'T go to Parra and sit at each end because you can't see the board - and can't afford to sit in Granstands or main terraces.

Honestly, $120,000 is not much money to piss off your customers and down grade your stadium. If they were moved back several meters (that is all it would take) then i refuse to believe they still wouldn't get a decent price for them - obviously not $120k but $60-70k maybe?

I know what you are saying MITS but it would be interesting to know how many families DON'T go to Parra and sit at each end because you can't see the board - and can't afford to sit in Granstands or main terraces.

Sorry to say that, would not matter, we have had 4 "Sell outs" from 10 games, So if people want to see the game the lack of the Big Screen isn't stoping them.

Honestly, $120,000 is not much money to piss off your customers and down grade your stadium. If they were moved back several meters (that is all it would take) then i refuse to believe they still wouldn't get a decent price for them - obviously not $120k but $60-70k maybe?

But you are pissing off the lowest number of seats at the lowest Price. If you wanted to sit in the terrace and see the screens you would be at the Kenny end, but alas people want to drink, so it is a choice, Drink or see a Replay.

Personally I go to the game to watch the game and not the big screen, I go to Wenty games and Junior League games that don't have a big screen. A Big screen is not necessary to watch league.

Seriously as I said, I would add a Big Screen on the Other hill just to stop you lot bleating about it.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Sorry to say that, would not matter, we have had 4 "Sell outs" from 10 games, So if people want to see the game the lack of the Big Screen isn't stoping them.

But you are pissing off the lowest number of seats at the lowest Price. If you wanted to sit in the terrace and see the screens you would be at the Kenny end, but alas people want to drink, so it is a choice, Drink or see a Replay.

Personally I go to the game to watch the game and not the big screen, I go to Wenty games and Junior League games that don't have a big screen. A Big screen is not necessary to watch league.

Seriously as I said, I would add a Big Screen on the Other hill just to stop you lot bleating about it.

Yeah funny that people want to drink and see a replay. I can't see how that is asking too much. Move the signs back, get extra capacity, as well as half a hill and show us we have basic rights as supporters. Not all of us drink Solo Mark. I can afford to sit where I like but not everyone is as fortunate as myself. Also more beer sales = more money.