What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you love/ hate about your area?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Godz Illa said:
Raider_69 said:
Minority groups, Mediterranean Descendants and lebanese etc
Charming

have you been penrith?
do you visit the place often?
that isnt racism, its fact, they are minority groups, hey are getting larger is size and they are a major factor to the trouble young people experience in penrith these days.

so unless you have been there and seen it first hand i dont think you'd have a f**king clue what goes on penrith

ohh and Illa, you selective quoted me there, the only mention of those groupes in my post was also coupled with aussies. the entire quote was:

Minority groups/gangs of trackhead aussies, Mediterranean Descendants and lebanese etc make is sometimes very danagerous to walk the streets alone.

f**king moron

Raider_69

Post Whore
Immortal said:
Mines close to R69s assesment of Penrith, instead I live in westie C'Town

doesnt it shit you to tears that once safe and friendly places are going to the shit thanks to a small minority of cockheads and yes that does include the aussie cockheads :!: :evil:

Godz Illa

Coach
No I've never visited Penrith, but it sounds like a wonderful place for a Mediterranean Descendant like me. I'm sure I can expect a warm welcome from the ornery illiterate teenagers as I roll into town with a car full of my swarthy friends. And I dont care that you mentioned these "trackhead aussies" as well, which you cite as evidence that you are not racist. If you are going to get pedantic about it, I will suggest that distinguishing "Aussies" from "Mediterranean Descendants and lebanese" is offensive in itself because ultimately, aren't we all Aussies?

But whatever makes you feel superior is fine Raider. God knows, not much else will.

Raider_69

Post Whore
makes me feel superior?

yes we are all aussies, try tellin them that, according to them they are malteese and malta shits all over australia, as does lebanon, and NZ.

Yes they are aussie but they classify themselves that so neither do i, you freely admit you've never been to penrith? then pipe down, you dont have a clue about the place. And yes aslong as you and your mates were f**king idiots trying to cause trouble, you'd have no problem in penrith

RICHO

Juniors
WOLLONGONG

HATE:
(A) Legionnaires Disease. Whenever there's an outbreak, it seems to be here!

(B) The influx of Sydney people. Not only to live down here, but buying holiday homes, and especially those that come down 7 or so times a year wearing white jerseys with Red V's, that claim Wollongong as a 'hole' and 'not worthy'. Arrogant.

LOVE:
(A) That I don't go and associate with these (B) types!

(B) Great clean beaches, and relaxed lifestyle.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Petrol $1.16 in Wagga! :shock:

Things i love about the Central Coast:

* Heaps of Beaches
* Coastal living
* Hot Chicks everywhere
* Cool clubs
* The people are generally relaxed and laid back
* Because i grew up here

Things i hate about the Central Coast:
* Places like Toukley, Budgewoi and Wyong. That is two-headed country on the CC. Should be included into Newcastle.
* The fact how Gosford is the 'capital' of the CC. It's a shit suburb, Terrigal should get the honours for the 'capital'.
* Little tryhard gangs.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Immortal said:
Mines close to R69s assesment of Penrith, instead I live in westie C'Town

doesnt it sh*t you to tears that once safe and friendly places are going to the sh*t thanks to a small minority of cockheads and yes that does include the aussie cockheads :!: :evil:

I agree with you, I know for a fact since I live out west to. Quakers Hill/Marayong area.

15 years it was a fairly new and quiet residential area, people/neighbours were friendly. Shops were pretty good.

Now its just full of gangs with their cars engines enough to wake people in the middle of the night, gangs that hang around shops you have to walk into, but you're not sure whether its safe or not, cause they might roll you.

Shops arent much better, the people that run them look as though they wanna get out of the joint, which is fair enough, but there are some that have the friendly clerks.

Another thing I hate its become too populated, which means more and more people and roads and the morning traffic. Thats why theyre building more roads/parkways. But the people on the roads are fair dinkum idiots, theres always accidents cause they dont know what to do. They should re do the Driving test if you ask me.

Another thing is the train station, its on the Richmond Line, which is the most effected line in Sydney, and its sh*tts me. Never on time, cancelled, changes the station allocation, then again its not much better anywhere else.

Local pubs are sh*tthouse, the only other club is 15 minutes from where I live, but if Im really looking forward to a big night I would go in the city, but foe me personally its not a big deal now since Ive got used to doing it.

I spose the good thing is a lot people talk about sport, especially Rugby League. A lot people in the area either support Parra, Penrith or Tigers, but whats sh*tts me are those bandwagons who apparently saw Parra suck, even though they were fans in 2001. :? :roll:

I wouldnt mind living Penrith/Llandilo area since its less quiet, but its the above and what Raider 69 that would turn me off. Now wonder they give Westies a bad name, but here's a tip for you non-westies you'd get anywhere. Even God's country.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Randwick North:

Near everything I like: Beaches, racecourse, SCG, dive sites, pubs...

What I hate:

Too many Liberal voters ;-)

Too far from Kogarah Oval

Too close to Sydney RSC's headquarters...

God-King Dean

Immortal
doesnt it sh*t you to tears that once safe and friendly places are going to the sh*t thanks to a small minority of cockheads and yes that does include the aussie cockheads

Yes it does. Other than location, Penrith & C'Town seem practically the same

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Central Coast.

What's cool -

*Plethora of quality beaches
*Lowish population
*Majority white Anglo Saxon. Call me a racist but I don't f**king care. We have zero lebanese/asian gangs, no real hard drugs,compared to Sydney our hoon (morons in over-hotted up cars who sit by their dozens in carparks all night) level is alot lower.
*Plenty of hittable chicks
*Overall the CC is a middle to high income area. The dole bludging smackies to "normal" ratio is quite low.
*Most area's are 100% safe all the time.
*Relaxed atmosphere
*60 k's from Sydney, but you wouldn't know it. About the same to Newcastle. Very handy when it comes to footy,concerts and interstate/international travel.
*Low crime rate
*Lots of National Parks.

What's shit -

*How congested the place (especially Terrigal) gets in summer. Every 2nd tourist in all of Australia comes to Terrigal. Trying to get to the place is a nightmare. Trying to find a park is near impossible. Fills the hotels/clubs/pubs with cashed up morons from Sydney who look for trouble.
* (as TS said)Dreg area's like Budgewoi,Gorakan,Wyong,some parts of Gosford.
*It's not Sydney, but it has Sydney prices for everything.
*Lack of things to do for minors.
*All the bloody redneck Libs :p
*Teeny boppers at Erina Fair
*How overrated Terrigal Beach is
*Shit public transport
*(also as TS said) little gangs scattered about the place. No problem overall, but if you run into one at the wrong time you'll definetly know it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yep, it annoys the f**kin life outta me that westies cop a bad rap thanks to a minority of idiots. 90% of westies are great, friendly people :clap:

perth sharkie

Juniors
CC Eagle's description of the Central Coast sounds almost like Perth, which has almost all of the positives but none of the negatives. Sounds like being near Sydney causes half the problems.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
perth sharkie said:
CC Eagle's description of the Central Coast sounds almost like Perth, which has almost all of the positives but none of the negatives. Sounds like being near Sydney causes half the problems.

The location of the CC is great. Inbetween both Sydney and Newcastle. I love it here.

I love Pakenham, Victoria

Because i am an hour to a surffing beach

I am an hour to melbourne and a hour an a half to the nearest snowfield

2 hours to the gippsland lakes.

The things i hate about Pakenham,Victoria

We have Metro police with Country Fire brigade with Country Ambulance and metro Train system (end of the line in fact) we have no buses at all.

Everywhere i read, hear or Watch is AFL and not rugby league.

cheers

Knightmare

Coach
Panthers_Gurl said:
what i hate about wagga
*petrol prices are still at $1.16

:shock: Shite! As I walked here to Uni from my place this morning, the Servo up the road was selling Unleaded at 86c P/L. Diesel was 99c P/L. I'd hate to think how much they charge you for Diesel in Wagga!

Booyah

Bench
Malabar.

Like:
Close Proximity to all the best beaches in the Eastern Suburbs
Chicks
Good people
Beautiful scenery
Close to the S.C.G and SFS
Close enough but far enough from the city
Excellent public transport service
No major dramas with gangs/violence

Dislike:
Not far enough from La Perouse
Can be expensive getting a Taxi home from a big night
Malabar has a shit beach
Not far enough from La Perouse
In Bob Carrs electorate
Local member is Peter Garrett #-o
The occasional La Perouse scumbags who crawl from their holes and go up and down Anzac pde causing trouble

Latest posts