What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you love/ hate about your area?

perth sharkie

Juniors
lebanese-PlaYa said:
Bankstown

LOVE
Bankstown square

I've always found Bankstown Square to be one of the worst shopping centres in Sydney. Every time I parked my car there, some clown would try to steal the wheel plates. :)

aphelion

Juniors
perth sharkie said:
lebanese-PlaYa said:
Bankstown

LOVE
Bankstown square

I've always found Bankstown Square to be one of the worst shopping centres in Sydney. Every time I parked my car there, some clown would try to steal the wheel plates. :)

The only 2 reasons to go to Bankstown Square:
Chili dogs
JB HiFi

Reasons not to go to Bankstown Square:
Your car needs an armed guard watching over it, and even then it will most likely be missing a piece when you get back to it.
25 different clothing shops that somehow all seem to sell the same thing.
Kmart and Target are forever looking like a bomb has hit them.
Food court rage when some Lebbo tries to steal a chair that you're saving for your girlfriend so one of his 50 kids can sit down.
The security guys are worse than the troublemakers.
You can't leave a woman alone for more than 10 seconds without her being chatted up/harassed by Habib and his cousins.

Ain't multiculturalism great?!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Godz Illa said:
we are all Australian that dosent make you an aussie
This claim, besides not making much sense, is irrelevant.

You dont think it makes sence?
I beg you to come to Penrith, head to Penrith Plaza, the Hoyts cinema and find yourself one of the many miniority groups. There will no doubt be a group loitering around the parking lot.

Ask them what country they are from. Despite every single one of them being born and bred in Australia the reply you will be "Im from Malta/Lebanon/Some country simular".

These clowns wouldnt have a clue, they have no respect for this country and obviously arnt edcuated enough to relise that there is a reason their perents and grand perents migrated to Australia and chances are if they did go back 'home' they would f**king shit themselves and beg to be brought back to Australia.

Why should f**king wankers like these be considered Australian? They dont consider themselves australian and they dont want to be known as Aussie, and frankly those of that opinion, i have no time for, they can f**k off back to thier 'home'.

These blokes are as Australian as meat pies but f**ked if they relise it or what to embrace it, so they not on denounce their australian backround but they praise something they have little comprehension of.

So in turn yea, these Australians are not aussie, they dont consider themselves as such and there for they dont deserve the title of being Australian. To me being Australian is about embrasing this great country, its culture, its diversity and its hospitality.

These charactors and yes they are a minority, they dont exhibit any of the qualities i consider to be in every Australian. There for although technically they are australia, they dont and wont get that great title from me.

perth sharkie

Juniors
aphelion said:
perth sharkie said:
lebanese-PlaYa said:
Bankstown

LOVE
Bankstown square

The only 2 reasons to go to Bankstown Square:
Chili dogs
JB HiFi

Reasons not to go to Bankstown Square:
Your car needs an armed guard watching over it, and even then it will most likely be missing a piece when you get back to it.
25 different clothing shops that somehow all seem to sell the same thing.
Kmart and Target are forever looking like a bomb has hit them.
Food court rage when some Lebbo tries to steal a chair that you're saving for your girlfriend so one of his 50 kids can sit down.
The security guys are worse than the troublemakers.
You can't leave a woman alone for more than 10 seconds without her being chatted up/harassed by Habib and his cousins.

So true mate, so true! :lol:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
mullet said:
CC_Eagle said:
mullet said:
i'll be on the cc sharks newcastle trial

Yeah same, as much as I despise Newcastle I got conned into it by a Novacastrian supporting chick friend. God knooows why I want to go :p ;-)

It's on the night after my 18th so I have no idea if I'll be in any shape to go.

well well the trial is the day b4 my 19th so it will prolly be a big night

woooo...joint party! :D

I'll be the hungover looking guy wearing a Manly jersey stuck between two Novastrians.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Godz Illa said:
we are all Australian that dosent make you an aussie
This claim, besides not making much sense, is irrelevant.

You dont think it makes sence?
I beg you to come to Penrith, head to Penrith Plaza, the Hoyts cinema and find yourself one of the many miniority groups. There will no doubt be a group loitering around the parking lot.

Ask them what country they are from. Despite every single one of them being born and bred in Australia the reply you will be "Im from Malta/Lebanon/Some country simular".

These clowns wouldnt have a clue, they have no respect for this country and obviously arnt edcuated enough to relise that there is a reason their perents and grand perents migrated to Australia and chances are if they did go back 'home' they would f***ing sh*t themselves and beg to be brought back to Australia.

Why should f***ing wankers like these be considered Australian? They dont consider themselves australian and they dont want to be known as Aussie, and frankly those of that opinion, i have no time for, they can f**k off back to thier 'home'.

These blokes are as Australian as meat pies but f***ed if they relise it or what to embrace it, so they not on denounce their australian backround but they praise something they have little comprehension of.

So in turn yea, these Australians are not aussie, they dont consider themselves as such and there for they dont deserve the title of being Australian. To me being Australian is about embrasing this great country, its culture, its diversity and its hospitality.

These charactors and yes they are a minority, they dont exhibit any of the qualities i consider to be in every Australian. There for although technically they are australia, they dont and wont get that great title from me.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Totally agree.

pixie nipples

Juniors
The fact I live in a tax free safe haven free of over zealous money hungry Australian whingers is the greatest thing ever.

Godz Illa

Coach
This is a sociological issue that is way beyond a mental midget like you Raiduh. Someone who decorates every paragraph with an obscenity and spells at a kindergarten level would be better off keeping himself busy in the riveting Big Brother thread.

Frankly, my empathy is with the minority, because I am the minority. We’ve had to deal with people like you all our lives, and then we are the ones ostracized for sticking together, and for our reluctance to assimilate. Why is it so offensive for someone to take pride in their heritage? If someone’s ancestry is Lebanese or Maltese, should they be forced to abandon it simply because it offends you and ignoramuses like you? Obviously not.

This might be an old chestnut for us greasy Mediterranean Descendants but here it is again – this is not your country either.

TooheysNew

Coach
That post was entirely off topic. The debate wasnt about assimilation, it was about the definition of the word aussie, which doesnt include in my opinion, anyone from another minority group. They are australian, yes, but not aussie.

Latest posts