What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you love/ hate about your area?

Knightmare

Coach
CC_Eagle said:
Central Coast.

What's cool -

*Plethora of quality beaches
*Lowish population
*Majority white Anglo Saxon. Call me a racist but I don't f***ing care. We have zero lebanese/asian gangs, no real hard drugs,compared to Sydney our hoon (morons in over-hotted up cars who sit by their dozens in carparks all night) level is alot lower.
*Plenty of hittable chicks
*Overall the CC is a middle to high income area. The dole bludging smackies to "normal" ratio is quite low.
*Most area's are 100% safe all the time.
*Relaxed atmosphere
*60 k's from Sydney, but you wouldn't know it. About the same to Newcastle. Very handy when it comes to footy,concerts and interstate/international travel.
*Low crime rate
*Lots of National Parks.

What's sh*t -

*How congested the place (especially Terrigal) gets in summer. Every 2nd tourist in all of Australia comes to Terrigal. Trying to get to the place is a nightmare. Trying to find a park is near impossible. Fills the hotels/clubs/pubs with cashed up morons from Sydney who look for trouble.
* (as TS said)Dreg area's like Budgewoi,Gorakan,Wyong,some parts of Gosford.
*It's not Sydney, but it has Sydney prices for everything.
*Lack of things to do for minors.
*All the bloody redneck Libs :p
*Teeny boppers at Erina Fair
*How overrated Terrigal Beach is
*sh*t public transport
*(also as TS said) little gangs scattered about the place. No problem overall, but if you run into one at the wrong time you'll definetly know it.

Having been a resident of the Central Coast myself until last weekend, I must agree that there are plenty of good-looking chicks there (every girl I've liked has been a Coastie!), but Queensland girls are mighty fine, I must say, alot like CC babes except there are more sun-tanned beauties up here 8)
I agree that trying to find a car park in Terrigal can be a real biyatch, and I hate how the clubs get wankers from Sydney wrecking the fun with their dumbarsed fights and crap. Other things I DON'T miss about the central Coast are:
* Gosford. Full stop.
* Crap public transport
* Getting sick of going out to the same places on the weekend and seeing the same people.
* Like you, the dumbarsed teeniboppers who FLOOD Erina Fair on Friday and Saturday nights with their tiny denim skirts and their uggboots and their incessantly bleeping mobile phones with their peroxide haired 14 year old boyfriends on their arm. :roll: Thank God THAT's gone!

What I WILL miss about the Central Coast is:

* Sydney being just down the freeway
* Familiarity
* My Church
* My mates
* Shelley and all her hotness
* Only having to travel an hour to see the Knights play :(

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane
Good:
*Suncorp Stadium
*City isn't as packed as Sydney and Victoria
*No daylight savings
*Peaceful
*A lot of shopping centres
*So many idiotic NSW supporters so it's easy to make fun of them
*So many League supporters that no jack about their own team you have to tell them everything about them so you come off smarter
*Some hot looking girls
etc etc

Bad:
*All the hot looking girls support the Lions
*Most schools/club only play Union
*Too many catholic one-gender only schools
*Most of the people I know live ages away
*My house is a dump compared to most others
*My school is shite
*Too many punk state school kids
*Too many hardcores/try hards
*Too many mental people
*Backyard is too small
*Park has a creek right in the middle of it so you can't play any sports
*Rugby Union club I go to is 20-30mins away from my house

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Tupac Shakur said:
perth sharkie said:
CC Eagle's description of the Central Coast sounds almost like Perth, which has almost all of the positives but none of the negatives. Sounds like being near Sydney causes half the problems.

The location of the CC is great. Inbetween both Sydney and Newcastle. I love it here.

Ditto. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else :D

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Knightmare said:
* Like you, the dumbarsed teeniboppers who FLOOD Erina Fair on Friday and Saturday nights with their tiny denim skirts and their uggboots and their incessantly bleeping mobile phones with their peroxide haired 14 year old boyfriends on their arm. :roll: Thank God THAT's gone!

What's wrong with tiny denim skirts? :p

You a queer or something ;-)

Big Pete

Referee
I was just talking about my neighbours and a few people I know, just a minority not a majority.

Stranger

Coach
Godz Illa said:
distinguishing "Aussies" from "Mediterranean Descendants and lebanese" is offensive in itself because ultimately, aren't we all Aussies?
**runs outta BB house**

No were not all Auzzies.... f**ken idiots

we are all Australian that dosent make you an aussie......

Im full aussie IMO. but like all aussie i have a bit of somthing else which im not sure.... BUT! besides the point if i move to china and become a chinese citizen dose that make me Chines.... f**k NO!

Get your facts right mate..

Sorry Jed and PK (just a matter of one of my good argueing points)

**runs back into house and tries task**

Godz Illa

Coach
Stranger said:
(just a matter of one of my good argueing points)
lol I'd hate to see one of your bad arguing points.

Stranger, when arguing, it is important to actually have a point. While arguing just for the sake of it may be fun and entertaining, it is ultimately an empty exercise. May I also suggest that you try to refrain from littering your argument with expletives. These do not help your cause at all, on the contrary they make you appear unable to properly express yourself. Also - avoid petty debates about semantics and the meanings of words. In your diatribe you claimed that
we are all Australian that dosent make you an aussie
This claim, besides not making much sense, is irrelevant.

Stranger

Coach
Actually it is a point if you read it.

Because your an Australian dosent make you an Aussie

Because you live in Greece dosent make you (a for lack of another term) 'Mediterranean Descendant'

you claimed that we are all aussies and why? Cause we live in Australia? Your obviously blind and stupid.

So if you wernt so uptight you would have seen my point
we are all Australian that dosent make you an aussie
This claim, besides not making much sense, is irrelevant.
Actually it dose make sence. If your australian it dosent mean your an aussie.

MEE

Juniors
Northern Beaches/ North Shore

LOVE
- My house is bigger than yours and we have more money and I'm good looking.
- Close to the beach and city
- Lowest unemployment in the country
- Low crime
- Clean streets
- No westies

HATE
- Girls are high maitenance
- Manly ferry bringing westies in and wrecking our beaches

Godz Illa

Coach
Nope, still not getting it.
If this is not just semantics, than please explain this cultural phenomenon to me. I beg you.

A couple more tips in the meantime. Don't labour the point, especially when it is a non-existent one. And check your spelling before you call anyone stupid.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
MEE said:
Northern Beaches/ North Shore

LOVE
- My house is bigger than yours and we have more money and I'm good looking.
- Close to the beach and city
- Lowest unemployment in the country
- Low crime
- Clean streets
- No westies

HATE
- Girls are high maitenance
- Manly ferry bringing westies in and wrecking our beaches

Dang, I wanna be a NB man.

Keen to rent out your lounge room?

Stranger

Coach
Godz Illa said:
Nope, still not getting it.
If this is not just semantics, than please explain this cultural phenomenon to me. I beg you.

A couple more tips in the meantime. Don't labour the point, especially when it is a non-existent one. And check your spelling before you call anyone stupid.
You are stupid.
you said after all we are all Aussie correct?
But Because your live in australia dosent make you an aussie. To be an aussie or not depends on your background. NOT where your currently living.

Knightmare

Coach
CC_Eagle said:
Knightmare said:

What's wrong with tiny denim skirts? :p

You a queer or something ;-)

Denim skirts are NICE, but when chicks wear them with uggboots it looks totally bogan!

fosie

Juniors
Things i love about Fairfield:
- Very multicultural
- Everyones friendly
- You can talk to strangers on teh bus :lol:
- Alota old people and they're nice
- Good range of cultural restaurants
- Local parks, bus stops and malls are in walking distance ( from my house anyway)

Things i hate about Fairfield:
- It's dirty
- All the hot guys never go out :lol:
- Fairfield station is scary
- Alota graffiti around
- Doesn't have very good shops
- No good shopping complexs
- None of my friends live nearby

Ron Jeremy

Coach
What i love about the Central Cost/ Terrigal...is exactly what CCEagle said, the beaches, women, lifestyle, normality in people, more Milfs less shazzas, nightclubs

What i hate?? well weekends and public holidays Terrigal is bombarded from Bankstown, Sydney blow-ins are a pain in the arse, why can't they just leave us alone and piss off to say??....Bondi Beach bahahahhahahaha