What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of the Roosters?

Chook

First Grade
Well you failed gregstar, the first five threads on this forum today are about the Roosters. Congrats on adding the obsession this place has with us :lol: :lol:

Chook.

Fibroman

First Grade
'Show ponies' normally draw attention onto themselves. It's just a fact of life. That's why you gymps wear such bright colours. Just like the Americans in your red, white and blue. It's the 'hollywood' 'look at me! look how much of a star I am' attitude that gets under everyone's skin.

Just look at the way hollywood wraps themselves with a different award for every day of the week. Gould and his cronies do the same. They are always blowing wind up their own ar5ses telling everyone how professional they are, and how all the good players want to play at their club. Blokes like Gould and Freddy forget where their roots are. Even Johnny Cartwright was a westie...but not anymore.

OVP

Coach
fibro man said:
'Show ponies' normally draw attention onto themselves. It's just a fact of life. That's why you gymps wear such bright colours.

So hows your lovely Teal away strip going ? Does that mean Penrith are showponies too ?

Quite rightly, the Roosters tore you a new one in that hideous strip :lol:

RB30DETT

Juniors
I think the Roosters as a team are great.

However some of their supporters seem to have a superiority complex.

gregstar

Referee
Well you failed gregstar, the first five threads on this forum today are about the Roosters. Congrats on adding the obsession this place has with us

Sorry Chook! :(

Its not a matter of craving acceptance, its a matter of nipping stupidity in the bud.

How are you sMels? I've missed you! Hard day at the office I see! xx :D

Chook

First Grade
taxidriver said:
why do you guys crave everyone elses acceptance so much ?

We just don't want to be left out of the soggy sao game you all play!

Chook.

Bengal

Juniors
Chook said:
Well you failed gregstar, the first five threads on this forum today are about the Roosters. Congrats on adding the obsession this place has with us :lol: :lol:

Chook.

You’re not wrong there Chook.
If only League fans could show as much passion towards the “game” as they do towards the Roosters!

We all know League is tribal, its one of this games greatest strengths, but unfortunately it’s also one of its biggest weaknesses.
A divided village never goes anywhere. So much in-fighting, I bet our competitors just love this stuff. I bet News loves this pettiness even more!

It really does highlight why Rugby League isn’t as big a sport internationally as it should be.

Rugby League should be fighting Soccer for global supremacy, but no, what are doing?
We’re still slugging it out in our own backyard against two vastly inferior sports that we should have smashed into oblivion years ago.
Why? Because the fans of this game are to busy squabbling amongst themselves to notice the incompetence or the wool being thrown over their eyes by this games administrators.
Long may this continue I hear the 'News' boys singing!

Fibroman

First Grade
It would be a start if some of them just accepted that Penrith were the better team in 2003, and deserved to win the title, and that they were Clayton's winners in 2002 without the Bulldogs in the fight.

Chook

First Grade
fibro man said:
It would be a start if some of them just accepted that Penrith were the better team in 2003, and deserved to win the title, and that they were Clayton's winners in 2002 without the Bulldogs in the fight.

Try as you might FM, you won't get any Rooster fan to accept that!

Chook.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Shaun wrote:
all i can say is, ill be glas when the roosters loose Fittler, Hegs, Hogdes, Robinson and Cusack

all i can say is, ill be glas when the roosters trot Firman, Amos, Monaghan and Faoaosa out next year.

Hey Shaun were you glas with the result today??

Ahh, good find mate

Knightmare

Coach
I'll make it short and sweet about Easts- club rapists, cap-cheats, supported by bandwagoners far and wide. There.

ngunity

Juniors
Personally I hate the Roosters like poison

Strange 'cause a lot of chicks I know love them, must be the pretty boy thing I assume #-o , then again since the girls I know don't love league they'd just be band-wagonning

Anyway I will give the Roosters this, their defence, this year in Particular has been a notch above, according to the numbers at least. The Roosters have the intensity to shut a team out, where most others let teams score soft tries.
Last year I think the Roosters had 2nd best Defense behind the Dogs, this year their D is about 100 points better than anyone and that's impressive, credit where credit is due

Here's hoping the Roosters get knocked off, purely to spite their fans and officials, I don't have much against the players poor over-rated lads.

:clap: to Penrith for being the Reigning Premiers, conceptualising Roosters victory makes me sick :x