What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of the Roosters?

Macca

Coach
I wrote that Rossy and I edited it because of a typo I think. Either way, I stand by what was written. There is no hidden code either. The salary cap is there to provide a level playing field. The Roosters are finding way, albeit legal to make that playing field uneven.

parra001

Juniors
rossy said:
parra001 said:
MELON & ROSSY IM ONLY NEW TO THESE FORUMS BUT IVE READ SOME OF YOUR WORK RECENTLY AND YOU 2 ARE BY FAR THE BIGGEST TOOLS IVE EVER READ. U HAVE YOUR HEADS SO FAR UP EACH OTHER ASSES ITS NOT FUNNY - ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO GIVE YOUR CLUB AND THERE SUPPORTERS A BAD NAME BY CONSTANTLY SLAGGING PEOPLE OFF.

I THINK EVERYONE WILL AGREE THAT LEAGUE WAS MUCH BETTER OFF WHEN YOU MOB WERE sh*t AND ONLY HAD 5 PEOPLE TURNING UP TO GAMES INSTEAD OF HAVING ALL THESE WANNA BE SUPPORTERS HANGIN ROUND TALKING IT UP WHEN THEY CLEARLY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT ALA THE SYDNEY SWANS IN THE 90'S....

Don't worry. The football season will be over at 4:30PM on Sunday. Well, for you it will be anyway. Thanks for the club championship trophy by the way.

Thats ok we've had it for the last 7 seasons champion, so enjoy it cause no doubt you wont walk away with what counts.
For some reason i think you'll find 3/4's of the league community will be supporting every team you play in the finals so youd better hope you dont stumble cause god you'll cope plenty.....

The Business

Juniors
McSharkie said:
Their salaries are less than than that. Their net worth as a result of playing for the Roosters is so much more.

They earn alot of money per year because they play for Nick Politis. That's a given and it's perfectly legal. They are a smart club for doing it.

It does not benefit anyone but the Roosters though. The NRL is poorer for it.

Que the Roosters fans - "Why shouldn't we take advantage of our better business acumen."

It will kill the game. The salary cap is there to create a level playing field. By finding legal ways to beat the cap, the Roosters nullify the cap. It hurts the game.

As long as you are happy, why worry about the rest?

By killing the game, you kill yourselves.
Your post has some merit however don't you think some other clubs could improve the way they are run? The Roosters, Bulldogs, Panthers and Broncos are the best run clubs in the NRL. Why should they stand still helping out other clubs who can't keep up?

Macca

Coach
:lol: We'll find out if Labor get's in. Let's not hijak this thread with political grbage though, leave it in four corners.

Knightmare

Coach
Chook said:
Knightmare said:
I'll make it short and sweet about Easts- club rapists,

And yet your club poached 4 local Melbourne juniors from the VIC Rugby League when those kids couldv'e been astutely coached and marketed by the Storm to increase interest pushing the local talent angle? You and you're club are hypocrites!!

Knightmare said:
cap-cheats,

And out of our two clubs which one was last fined for being over the cap?

Knightmare said:
supported by bandwagoners far and wide. There.

No Andrew Johns in your team means no supporters, and you call us a bandwagon? :lol:

Chook.

Firstly, these are just kids we're talking about- you look at our first grade side and nearly all of them are local juniors- how many local juniors in the Roosters 1st grade side? Easts entire lower grade sides are made up of kids taken from far and wide, poached in a comp that has no salary cap. Surprise surprise, Easts are undefeated in Jersey Flegg! I didn't know the Roosters were doing such a good job in promoting grassroots League in the eastern suburbs :roll:
Newcastle were fined for a minor infringement- there is no way the Roosters can afford the squad they have and be anywhere near under the salary cap. if (when) Easts little game gets found out, they will be caught out BIG TIME!
Losing Andrew Johns hasn't stopped me being a Knights fan or going to their games- and I've yet to meet anyone else who's stayed away from games because a stocky bloke with a huge arse busted his groin. I'd be more worried about where all the Easts fan who've suddenly turned up are going to go once they start losing again- back to your wonderful 1984 crowd avaregae of 3,000! :lol:

Knightmare

Coach
rossy said:
Knightmare said:
I'll make it short and sweet about Easts- club rapists, cap-cheats, supported by bandwagoners far and wide. There.

Who did you support in 1987?
I think you can give me a break here- in 1987 I was 2 years old and all I knew about League was that Parramatta played in it. If I'd been older I would've supported the Knights right from the start- in their first season they only won 5 games and finished 14th, but they drew bigger, more passionate crowds than any Sydney club.

melon....

Coach
Knightmare said:
Chook said:
Knightmare said:

And yet your club poached 4 local Melbourne juniors from the VIC Rugby League when those kids couldv'e been astutely coached and marketed by the Storm to increase interest pushing the local talent angle? You and you're club are hypocrites!!

Knightmare said:
cap-cheats,

Knightmare said:

No Andrew Johns in your team means no supporters, and you call us a bandwagon? :lol:

Chook.

Firstly, these are just kids we're talking about- you look at our first grade side and nearly all of them are local juniors- how many local juniors in the Roosters 1st grade side? Easts entire lower grade sides are made up of kids taken from far and wide, poached in a comp that has no salary cap. Surprise surprise, Easts are undefeated in Jersey Flegg! I didn't know the Roosters were doing such a good job in promoting grassroots League in the eastern suburbs :roll:
Newcastle were fined for a minor infringement- there is no way the Roosters can afford the squad they have and be anywhere near under the salary cap. if (when) Easts little game gets found out, they will be caught out BIG TIME!
Losing Andrew Johns hasn't stopped me being a Knights fan or going to their games- and I've yet to meet anyone else who's stayed away from games because a stocky bloke with a huge arse busted his groin. I'd be more worried about where all the Easts fan who've suddenly turned up are going to go once they start losing again- back to your wonderful 1984 crowd avaregae of 3,000! :lol:
Have you always been such an ignorant arsehole? Why do you think we only have 4 local junior clubs moron? Because the rest were allowed to be swallowed up by Souths Juniors by the NSWRL years ago when they changed the boundaries, you 19 year old snot nosed twit.

You not only have a hide to open your baby mouth, but you end up spraying ridiculous factless bullshit you probably read in someone's fantasy diary, because you were too young during the Easts dark ages.

This place needs a new forum called The Classroom, where smart arsed, no nothings like your dim young self, get schooled. learn before you comment junior. R.I.P Newcastel ----Rot in Peace you bastards...suffer for overpaying that has been Bargearse. Enjoy the off season, which starts 2morrow night for you.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Chook said:
And your club is just so squeaky clean :lol: :lol:

Isn't your club still under invesitgation for backdoor dealings between Cowan, his extended family, Phyro holdings and the Panthers club?

Money loaned to players from Phyro then Phyro take that money back from the club and the player doesn't pay anything back?

Wages paid by both Phyro and Panthers to no one in particular?

And how did your club answer these accusations, what did you call it now, oh yes that's right "poor accounting procedures" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See Mighty Moron, these are factsabout your club and it's under handed, back door, brown paper bag dealings.

What you know about the Roosters is nadda, nil, zilch, zero, nothing but wishful westie thinking :lol:

Chook.

Melon said:
I wouldnt talk if I was a Penny fan. The sh*t is piling up and WILL hit you in the mouth. Penrith arent exactly out of the microscope's view at the moment, nor should they be.

:blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb:

:sleeper: :sleeper: :sleeper: :sleeper:

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Dog-E

Juniors
melon.... said:
Knightmare said:
Chook said:
Knightmare said:

Knightmare said:
cap-cheats,

Knightmare said:

Chook.

Have you always been such an ignorant arsehole? Why do you think we only have 4 local junior clubs moron? Because the rest were allowed to be swallowed up by Souths Juniors by the NSWRL years ago when they changed the boundaries, you 19 year old snot nosed twit.

You not only have a hide to open your baby mouth, but you end up spraying ridiculous factless bullsh*t you probably read in someone's fantasy diary, because you were too young during the Easts dark ages.

This place needs a new forum called The Classroom, where smart arsed, no nothings like your dim young self, get schooled. learn before you comment junior. R.I.P Newcastel ----Rot in Peace you bastards...suffer for overpaying that has been Bargearse. Enjoy the off season, which starts 2morrow night for you.

Farrrrrrrk me dead - you self-righteous, pontificating LOST c&@$t!!!!

When will you just GET THE MESSAGE - and just f!@&#k the hell off!?!??!?! :roll:

KFC

Juniors
Minor Premiers and undefeated in Jersey.

1stin Premier League but sadly second on for and against.

Minor Premiers in First grade.

Not bad for a Club that is constantly aqccussed of having no heart!!!!!

KFC

Juniors

KFC

Juniors

Latest posts