What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does it take to run an NRL Side

Has anyone noticed how crap the shows on Foxtel are at the moment just quietly?

It's only the Wiggles, Teletubbies and Hi 5 saving them in our joint now that footy season is over.

It would be good to see them cooperating with the league.

Satisfaction is showing on Showcase.

TheRam

Coach

It's only the Wiggles, Teletubbies and Hi 5 saving them in our joint now that footy season is over.

Not wrong Bigfella,

And since I have no kids, I just watch the history channel & the cooking channel now.

The movie channel is appalling.

I swear, if it wasn't for league, Fox would get the punt quick smart.

spiderdan

Bench
Yes, it's the first thing a Victorian asks you, ie "Who do you follow ?" It used to be like that here when I was a kid in League. If someone asked you that now you would have to elaborate.
so i go back to the comment i made about centralising most games to homebush and the sfs where someone replied that it takes away from the tribalism which sydney clubs apparently don't have.

why not centralise most games then?

spiderdan

Bench

i have noticed how crap those kfc cricket adds are on tele. really looking forward to the cricket being over for that reason alone.

Suitman

Post Whore
i have noticed how crap those kfc cricket adds are on tele. really looking forward to the cricket being over for that reason alone.

KFC adds have always been really lame. They really need to have a good, hard, long look at their advertising agency.

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
Actually lifestyle food is the only adult channel we watch.

They need a Masterchef Australia for sure (maybe even a "where are they now series on the last few finalists?).

But it is appalling and it just seems like they are trying less hard than usual at the moment. (Glad everybody assumed I had kids too)

TheRam

Coach
The league needs out of the box, focused on youth and families marketing & programs, to make it cool again.

A new direction in advertising, cutting edge. Like when they had Tina Turner and no other sport could compete with it. They should keep looking till they find it and not continue on with average marketing.

Average gets you no where, but send you backwards.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
(Glad everybody assumed I had kids too)

With a name like BigFfella, I thought Terry Leabeater was your son, particularly the way he reacted to you last week.

I reckon I watch at least an hour a day of Lifestyle Food. It's the best. Lucky I have a second outlet though........the other one is planted firmly on Nick Jnr.

Suity

TheRam

Coach
Actually lifestyle food is the only adult channel we watch.

They need a Masterchef Australia for sure (maybe even a "where are they now series on the last few finalists?).

But it is appalling and it just seems like they are trying less hard than usual at the moment. (Glad everybody assumed I had kids too)

:lol::lol:

Not wrong Bigfella,

And since I have no kids, I just watch the history channel & the cooking channel now.

The movie channel is appalling.

I swear, if it wasn't for league, Fox would get the punt quick smart.
to be honest ram thats more the movie studios fault than showtime if all they get is sh*te thats all they can show

spiderdan

Bench
.... and as we discuss nrl marketting .....

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=53610

2009 Television Campaign
NRL.com
The National Rugby League is launching a new television campaign for the Telstra Premiership and Harvey Norman State of Origin series in 2009.
For this television campaign, the NRL requires a large number of fans who are available to give the game a day and appear within the commercial.
The shoot for the commercials will take place on January 14 and 15 in a studio in Artarmon, whilst the shoot on January 16 will take place at a park in South West Sydney.
The NRL requires each registered individual for at least 1 day, however fans are more than welcome to appear at all three shoots. The hours will be from 8am till 5pm.
If you are interested in taking part in this campaign, please register your interest at: http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/nrltvc/
Once registered you will be contacted with details of the shoot day and address.
Posted:Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:30

TheRam

Coach
to be honest ram thats more the movie studios fault than showtime if all they get is sh*te thats all they can show

The movie studios that they have licenses with are some of the largest in the world. It is a matter of what they want to pay for which isn't much since we are a small market and a duel monopoly exists.

Gronk

Staff member
Foxtel seems to be more enjoyable now we have IQ2 (HD). I trawl through the pages and record shows that I like. So basically I never watch Foxtel live anymore. Just the shows that I like.

Foxtel seems to be more enjoyable now we have IQ2 (HD). I trawl through the pages and record shows that I like. So basically I never watch Foxtel live anymore. Just the shows that I like.
ive got the original IQ its a godsend for watching friday night games on nine before the game starts i just hit pause, walk away for 2 minutes or so then come back and start watching the game and every time an ad comes on i slap the fast forward button till the footy starts again

it even has a handy mute button for whenever phil gould opens his trap at half time :D

Latest posts