What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does it take to run an NRL Side

Hindyscrack

Bench
what's to say sydney can't develop that kind of culture with the right marketing in place?

marketing cant change cultures...

as said earlier, melbourne is definately a more centralised city and I see this as ONE of the reasons for their higher attendances.

spiderdan

Bench
marketing cant change cultures...

as said earlier, melbourne is definately a more centralised city and I see this as ONE of the reasons for their higher attendances.
i disagree.

marketing is all about manipulating and exploiting people's social and behavioural traits.

yes melbourne is more centralised but sydney is denser in population. there is a lot more to work with from a marketing perspective within sydney.

Roosters and Souths
Sharks and Dragons
Tigers and Bulldogs

That leaves us with 6 teams in Sydney - East (Roosters/Souths), West (Penrith), North (Manly), South (Dragons/Sharks), Inner West (Tigers/Bulldogs) and Central (Eels).

We can then bring in 3 new teams - Perth, Adelaide and either Central Coast or West Brisbane, possibly even a second NZ team.

This has nothing to do with personal preferences (I hate every non-Parra team except the Raiders) but more to do with geography.
i like how you just put the eels at the centre of the rugby league world there hj :D