What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens if the Broncos Dogs game is called off on Friday????

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
If they don't play I believe it will be re-scheduled. Sadly I don't see the NRL standing up to the Broncos.

Choppies

Coach
No that wont happen to the News Ltd darlings, they are so arrogant and act as if they are bigger then the game. If they dont wanna play, the NRL should punish them heavily and let them know who is in charge

Unfortunately they won't be punished. Personally if they did forfeit then I would strip them of some comp points and fine them heavily as well as giving the 2 points to the Dogs. If this game was called off I would feel for the Bulldogs fans that made the trek to Suncorp from interstate etc.

ByRd

First Grade
Then if its re-scheduled how is it fair to us??? We are ready to go and just cause they have players injured and out with the flu (like other players in the past have been out with the flu) we should not have to wait to a later date, the NRL has told the Broncos to play and if they refuse then there should not be a later date set, they should be fined and punished

mattyg

Bench
if the Broncos refuse to play on Friday and the NRL backs down and agrees to play the game on Sunday, we should simply follow the Broncos lead and not turn up to play. What would the NRL do then? I can only guess...

Big Pete

Referee
:lol:

This thread has degenerated quite nicely. What's next? Bruno Cullen is Adolf Hitler? Buck the Horse should be made into glue?

ByRd

First Grade
Yeh, if the NRL want to change the date cause of the Broncos whinging, then we should simply say "NO" we wont turn up to the game and refuse to play, lets see what will happen when it isn't a news ltd darling team

ironhorse

Juniors
forfeit points to canterbury plus fine for the brisbane , simple . You CANNOT allow the broncos to dictate terms as the ramifications would be mammoth . What if its rescheduled to sunday - would the NRL reimburse all the fans who have paid accom and arrangements for Friday night ? There would be a clear class legal action against the NRL in the making imo .not to mention the bulldogs prep would be interrupted ,this is ok though ?

Choppies

Coach
heard on the news that david gallop is on his way up to brisbane to sort this out

gallop_c.jpg

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Was reported on 7 and Fox. If it's true, Nine have no idea, as they just reported it was going ahead. The story on Fox also has no quotes from any Brisbane official.

_Johnsy

Referee
If these reports, that Brisbane will not play eventuate, it is a disgrace.

If they take this course of action, they (Broncos v Games governing body) will end up in the courts, because they have shown nothing but contempt for the games governing body. Dejavu

This possible outcome begs one question, who is running the game ?

8Ball

First Grade
If these reports, that Brisbane will not play eventuate, it is a disgrace.

If they take this course of action, they (Broncos v Games governing body) will end up in the courts, because they have shown nothing but contempt for the games governing body. Dejavu

This possible outcome begs one question, who is running the game ?

:lol: "This possible outcome." The NRL CEO and Bruno Cullen haven't even met yet sport.

Latest posts