What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens if the Broncos Dogs game is called off on Friday????

ouwet

Bench
Geez there are some thick people on this forum - But why should I be surprised.
There's a few people here with braincells...but not many.

Most of you go look up Spanish Flu and see how many people it killed - That's the risk.

You comparing a flu from 90 years ago with the swine flu today?:lol::lol::lol:

1 - It was straight after World War 1, resources around the world were stretched beyond limit, hospitals couldn't cope, Dr's were rare...

2 - They didn't have the medicine, technology and hygiene of today!

In 3rd world countries it might be a problem... In Australia it's nothing.

Toughen up Australia!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'd be very surprised if it's called off. Purely and simply because it'd f**k up the rest of the comp by having a mid-week game later in the year...

Danish

Referee
Erm no, the whole First Grade squad and TYC squad would have to remain in quarantine until Saturday morning, as the 6 Broncos FG players went back and trained with the team, so everyone has been exposed to it etc etc.

And then the game should rightly be called off, because it is unfair that Brisbane should be forced to play with their whole First Grade squad out (not to mention the whole TYC squad too).

To be honest, I think the clubs would prefer for everyone to play, but it's health authorities who have set the guidelines on this matter.

Then they can pull up their players from the various feeder clubs they use in the QLD cup.

Don't want to do that?? Then f**king forfeit.

Its not the bulldogs or NRL's problem if Brisbane has to field a below standard team due to illness or injury.

Mr Saab

Referee
Then they can pull up their players from the various feeder clubs they use in the QLD cup.

Its not the bulldogs or NRL's problem if Brisbane has to field a below standard team due to illness or injury.

and then they will no doubt be fined for using players not registered or fined for breaching the salary cap cause they have to pay these nuffies.

no win situation

BGH

Juniors

If the Broncos come out and say "ok we are going to play on Friday night with all our players" but then the health department forbids it and says that no one of the Broncos squad or under 20s are allowed to play, do you still think the Broncos should be forced to forfeit?

In that situation it's not the Bulldog's, NRL's or Bronco's problem.

adamkungl

Immortal

Most of you go look up Spanish Flu and see how many people it killed - That's the risk.

The risk is not even close to similar. It's pure hysteria.

melbourne_belle

Juniors

I am pretty sure Brisbane would let there players play sick or not if they were allowed but they wont be if Hunt tests positive. What is so hard to comprehend seriously? this is not a Broncos decision its a government one, stop being so thick. If it was your team you'd be tossing your sh*t.

Danish

Referee

Thats right genius...

Compare a disease from 90 years ago with a 20% mortality rate to one today which is currently batting at below 1% (thats less than the common cold BTW)

Lambretta

First Grade
I believe the NRL have stated a reschedule would have to happen at some stage.

It's also widely tipped that any event like this could make many people realise there's no apostrophe in "Broncos".

;-)

I would perfer it if people typed it using the correct "f**kin'Broncos"

Apostrophes are rather useful when used correctly.

:p

mattyg

Bench
The game will be abandoned and the Broncos awarded 2 points due to it being their home match. I expect nothing less from the NRL this season.

Lambretta

First Grade

I now have an image of a Spaniard butt f**king a pig and screaming "you see senoir piggie, I am far more potent than you.... take that and that and that................"

Thanks mate. Thanks a lot.

1918-1919, the Spanish Flu killed more people World Wide than all the casualties in World War 1. In fact 1919 was the only year during the whole 20th Century where the population fell.

Shorty

Staff member
The risk is not even close to similar. It's pure hysteria.

Thats right genius...

Compare a disease from 90 years ago with a 20% mortality rate to one today which is currently batting at below 1% (thats less than the common cold BTW)
Once again completely missed the point:roll:

Do you people seriously think they're doing all the precautions from pure hysteria alone?
Do you even know what the precautions are for?

Gaba

First Grade
Do you people seriously think they're doing all the precautions from pure hysteria alone?

This not the first time the swine flu been made out to be the world deadliest killer which turns out to be a lie,

so yes its hysteria

re edit as per normal

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I really can't believe they're seriously considering calling the game off ...

miladi

Juniors
Even the World Health Organisation has observed that the Australian government response to the swine flu is over the top (the quarantines of people travelling to Victoria / closure of schools). Most people have lighter symptoms than those who catch the normal seasonal flu and many elderly will probably be immune as it is a mutation of a type of flu (H1) that has been around since 1918. There have been deaths, especially in Mexico. But Mexico's health system is nowhere near as good as Australia's.

The game should go ahead, with other players if needed.

_Johnsy

Referee
Rolling your eyes and disagreeing with my comments would indicate you don't agree with me. Whats the opposite of agreeing? Arguing I think you'll find.

But you don't argue, you're too much of a softcock to do that, you'd rather piss and moan about semantics instead.

Resorting to personal insults so easily, I see you are as tough as ever over the internet. I neglected to pointed out an obvious flaw in your post, 40,000 people cannot get the swine flu by going to the football, unless the infected people cough and splutter over everyone, apoligies for that oversight. I am amazed that having rolling eyes is so offensive, but then again we are talking about you.

Keep up the good work you over sensitive, pre menstrul moron.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Once again completely missed the point:roll:

Facts don't lie Shorty.

Swine flu in 2009 has a mortality rate of 0.05%..... and if you only take into account countries with first rate medical systems, that drops to 0.2%

So yes, the precautions are there based on hysteria.

Dazraider

Juniors
deduct the dogs another 2 points if match is not on, the dogs will do anything to get out of a loss up there and to no surprise they even pulling out the flu, what else can this team of cheats do to get the advantage

Sleep

Juniors
Need some help with your maths there Danish? :lol:

And Bulldogs fans are really living up to the week of pink. What a bunch of whining pusscakes. You'd think no other call had ever gone against any other team ever.

Latest posts