What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

Delboy

First Grade
Mate, your club systematically cheated for the last 3+ years. If it was up to most other clubs fans you would have 1 million shaved off your cap for the next 5 years as a punishment. How is it a deterrent to other clubs assembling a roster illegally and then going on to win within 2 years as Melbourne and the Bulldogs did if it happens again?

FFS . the roster assembled when the idiots were doing things which are executed better at the Dogs, Roosters and Broncos won the friggin wooden spoon

We have a coach that is better than most and has put the roster together to compete, still without the internationals and rep players that even the Rorters have and you listen to those pelicans Kent and Slothfield and their agendas

Sure we got conned by a bloke recommended by Greenberg, but to continue the charade that we were the only club doing it is nonsense and naïve. Clubs all do it, but don't have ex players like Kent who holds a grudge and ex CEOs who will do anything to bring the club down.

Avenger

Immortal
No, he is injured, his money still comes out of the cap just like other clubs with injured players. You really are dim aren't you!

No you are you silly prick. The NRL has endorsed the retirement as legitimate and it was verified by two Doctors. You reckon we paid them off too?

#f**kwit

Scaven

Juniors
FFS . the roster assembled when the idiots were doing things which are executed better at the Dogs, Roosters and Broncos won the friggin wooden spoon

We have a coach that is better than most and has put the roster together to compete, still without the internationals and rep players that even the Rorters have and you listen to those pelicans Kent and Slothfield and their agendas

Sure we got conned by a bloke recommended by Greenberg, but to continue the charade that we were the only club doing it is nonsense and naïve. Clubs all do it, but don't have ex players like Kent who holds a grudge and ex CEOs who will do anything to bring the club down.

Yes blame everyone else, it's all the medias and Greenbergs fault. Jesus you Parra supporters are a bunch of geniuss. You should never have been allowed to sign Foran and Jennings when you were already under investigation for being over the cap for 2014/15.

Avenger

Immortal
Yes blame everyone else, it's all the medias and Greenbergs fault. Jesus you Parra supporters are a bunch of geniuss. You should never have been allowed to sign Foran and Jennings when you were already under investigation for being over the cap for 2014/15.

But we have and we will also extend Norman and bring back Hayne. Deal with it, moron.

PARRA!!!!!!!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
The eels should be operating on a reduced salary cap for a year. That should be the default punishment for teams caught cheating the cap. It should be

All points gained while cheating the cap are lost
Salary cap reduced by 1 million dollars the year after being caught

This would ensure clubs cant just cheat the cap to build a side and get rid of unwanted players to get under. Hopefully it wont destroy the club forever but it means that they might not be able to keep thr team they built by cheating.

It's an easy thing to say, but I doubt it would actually be legally enforceable. At the end of the day, contract law would support the first player to dig his heels in when asked to move on and the NRL and club could do nothing about it. The NRL or the club would have to prove the contract is invalid, and no court on Earth is going to agree with that when both club and NRL have registered and accepted it.

At the end of the day you can't forcibly move a player on when they are under contract, so you can't just shed a million bucks or more unless players agree to leave.

Scaven

Juniors
But we have and we will also extend Norman and bring back Hayne. Deal with it, moron.

PARRA!!!!!!!!!

No you won't, the NRL won't let it happen again, MORON!!

Also enjoy being a supporter of a club that will be forever known as CHEATS!!!

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It's an easy thing to say, but I doubt it would actually be legally enforceable. At the end of the day, contract law would support the first player to dig his heels in when asked to move on and the NRL and club could do nothing about it. The NRL or the club would have to prove the contract is invalid, and no court on Earth is going to agree with that when both club and NRL have registered and accepted it.

At the end of the day you can't forcibly move a player on when they are under contract, so you can't just shed a million bucks or more unless players agree to leave.

Its how the nfl punishes cap cheats. Why wouldnt it be legal.

And of course you can. You just cant re sign all the good players coming off contact and you have to replace them with minimum wage players. Say norman is on 500k then you are almost there

Avenger

Immortal
No you won't, the NRL won't let it happen again, MORON!!

Also enjoy being a supporter of a club that will be forever known as CHEATS!!!

We will see. If he comes back to the NRL it will only be with us. Deal with it. Despite your anger it's just destiny. That's all.

Bazal

Post Whore
Its how the nfl punishes cap cheats. Why wouldnt it be legal.

And of course you can. You just cant re sign all the good players coming off contact and you have to replace them with minimum wage players. Say norman is on 500k then you are almost there

The NFL has a totally different contract system as I understand it, and I have no idea how American law deals with contracts. It would work if that much value is off contract, but you cannot just invalidate and tear up a registered contract. That simple.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The NFL has a totally different contract system as I understand it, and I have no idea how American law deals with contracts. It would work if that much value is off contract, but you cannot just invalidate and tear up a registered contract. That simple.

Why are you ripping up contracts ?

Just not re signing norman, Gordon and paulo and having them replaced by scrubs would get you guys almost a million dollars under.

Delboy

First Grade
I love all these dills that believe that "cheating" is confined to one club

What we continue to say is that ALL clubs do it, even the players that were under the scheme invented by the Greenberg acolyte have been moved on . Do you really believe that the Rorters, Dogs, Broncos in particular and Cowboys operate without the use of TPAs that are not strictly within the boundaries . Dream on !!

Of course they do, and so do the Raiders and others, just better at disguising it and to assist you guys we will get the emperor to come and help you with disclosing the problems area, he has a fair bit of experience. Seward could advise Greenberg as if he was one of those hackers that help the police

You keep believing that it's all above board at all clubs, I have a bridge you can buy :)

Scaven

Juniors
I love all these dills that believe that "cheating" is confined to one club

What we continue to say is that ALL clubs do it, even the players that were under the scheme invented by the Greenberg acolyte have been moved on . Do you really believe that the Rorters, Dogs, Broncos in particular and Cowboys operate without the use of TPAs that are not strictly within the boundaries . Dream on !!

Of course they do, and so do the Raiders and others, just better at disguising it and to assist you guys we will get the emperor to come and help you with disclosing the problems area, he has a fair bit of experience. Seward could advise Greenberg as if he was one of those hackers that help the police

You keep believing that it's all above board at all clubs, I have a bridge you can buy :)

So the old "But everybody does it!!" defense comes out, who cares, they didn't get caught did they! The whole idea behind a bigger penalty would be to stop other clubs doing it.
Your club got caught and should be punished hard so as to make it not worth the risk for other clubs to do in the future. Otherwise why have a salary cap?

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
lol @ the fact the standard fan defence (not all eels fans to be fair) is "but everyone's doing it too"

f**k me you merkins are dumb. can you please try this approach in court?

Bazal

Post Whore
Why are you ripping up contracts ?

Just not re signing norman, Gordon and paulo and having them replaced by scrubs would get you guys almost a million dollars under.

It might, but the point is that can't be a catch all punishment. If we had only Paulo and Gordon off contract, how do you get a million plus under? You can't. And contract law aside, there are restraint of trade issues. The NRL salary cap is not a law, it is a rule. Denying a club the same operating rules as others would at the very least be legally challengeable and potentially drag the NRL through the courts, which I doubt they want.

The point is that there are plenty of things we as fans don't consider when we just say "oh, this heavy punishment should be the norm! How easy have they got off?"

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I might not be remembering this right but part of our punishment in 92 was having our salary cap reduced