What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Hayne has more dreams than Martin Luther King! Will he go down in history as the player to fail to achieve in most sports? Failed to win an NRL title, failed to be best full back in NRL, failed to make it in NFL, next failed to win an Olympic gold? Hope he takes up boxing next, I am sure he must have a dream to be a world champion lol.

he also failed to get Perth a team

Avenger

Immortal
We are under the cap for 2017, way under despite the hysteria and half truths that the cannabils in the media are reporting.

Feej

First Grade
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the NRL use "discretionary funds" to parachute him into one of the four clubs they're currently propping up.

POPEYE

Coach
Since the Eels are supposedly in the age of enlightenment let's hope they realise that Norman is more important to them than a hatful of Haynes

Since the Eels are supposedly in the age of enlightenment let's hope they realise that Norman is more important to them than a hatful of Haynes

Not according to this morning's newspapers. Reportedly the Eels are working with salary cap auditors so they can afford to fit both Norman and Hayne in under the salary cap for 2017.

Can you imagine what the general public will think if that occurs?

Avenger

Immortal
Not according to this morning's newspapers. Reportedly the Eels are working with salary cap auditors so they can afford to fit both Norman and Hayne in under the salary cap for 2017.

How many years do we have to cop it for things done in 2014 and 2015? Maybe they should just wipe us out all together. FFS.

Rhyno

First Grade
1. Hayne
6. Norman
7. Foran

That's at least 5 premierships in arow

Would be able to fit them in because the storms big 3 would be on more money

GongPanther

Referee
Hayne to play for Fiji in the 7's World Cup is a comic relief attempt to remind the sporting world in how much of a failure he was in the NFL.

The guy is nothing but a blood sucker and willing to attach himself to any high profile sporting team for his own agenda,glorification and self promotion.

The Rugby 7's mob should see through what Hayne's objective is,and give him a wide berth before it destabilizes the squad.

Scaven

Juniors

If the NRL allows this to occur myself and a few other people I know will be done with the game. Parra should have to shed a lot more than one mediocre hooker, they shouldn't even have Foran let alone Jennings.

Avenger

Immortal
If the NRL allows this to occur myself and a few other people I know will be done with the game. Parra should have to shed a lot more than one mediocre hooker, they shouldn't even have Foran let alone Jennings.

Why is that? What precedent are you using? How about you use the Dogs or Storm. Who did they end up losing? There is a start.

Binga

Juniors

Why is that, for next year so far We have lost Watmough (750,000) Peats (450,000) Junior Paulo (200,000), if sign Hayne we wouldn't resign Gordon (250,000) salary cap increases by 200,000 next year as well

Avenger

Immortal
Why is that, for next year so far We have lost Watmough (750,000) Peats (450,000) Junior Paulo (200,000), if sign Hayne we wouldn't resign Gordon (250,000) salary cap increases by 200,000 next year as well

Because Paul Kent and his grubs have poisoned their brains. We should be punished for 10 years.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Why is that? What precedent are you using? How about you use the Dogs or Storm. Who did they end up losing? There is a start.
the one that everyone says in retrospect should never have been allowed to occur, as it simply rewards a cheating team 2 years down the track?

why yes that would be a perfect solution for a club that is still playing the victim and has to dragged kicking and screaming to the table.

Scaven

Juniors
Because Paul Kent and his grubs have poisoned their brains. We should be punished for 10 years.

Mate, your club systematically cheated for the last 3+ years. If it was up to most other clubs fans you would have 1 million shaved off your cap for the next 5 years as a punishment. How is it a deterrent to other clubs assembling a roster illegally and then going on to win within 2 years as Melbourne and the Bulldogs did if it happens again?

The whole convenient Watmough retirement bullshit should never have been allowed to happen as well, you signed him for 4 years, he comes out of your cap for 4 years. This whole debacle is a disgrace to the game.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Mate, your club systematically cheated for the last 3+ years. If it was up to most other clubs fans you would have 1 million shaved off your cap for the next 5 years as a punishment. How is it a deterrent to other clubs assembling a roster illegally and then going on to win within 2 years as Melbourne and the Bulldogs did if it happens again?

I reckon we should shave it for the next 10 years. Seriously mate we are paying for shit we did in 2014 and 2015. We will cop it. But you can shove the sacrificial lamb bullshit in your arse.

Avenger

Immortal
The whole convenient Watmough retirement bullshit should never have been allowed to happen as well, you signed him for 4 years, he comes out of your cap for 4 years. This whole debacle is a disgrace to the game.

I know he should have been made to play all games on crutches. f**k him hey?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The eels should be operating on a reduced salary cap for a year. That should be the default punishment for teams caught cheating the cap. It should be

All points gained while cheating the cap are lost
Salary cap reduced by 1 million dollars the year after being caught

This would ensure clubs cant just cheat the cap to build a side and get rid of unwanted players to get under. Hopefully it wont destroy the club forever but it means that they might not be able to keep thr team they built by cheating.

Latest posts