What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

typicalfan

Coach
To me all the NFL venture has proven is that the only thing limiting Hayne is himself. No one would deny his athleticism.

Hayne is not an NRL great, he is not the best fullback of any era, he was the best for a short period. But he is one of the greatest athletes so what is the problem? Where did he go wrong?

The media isn't in control of that, Hayne knew the magnitude of the media reaction and ultimately his price he would get in league today is helped generated by media.

some11

Referee
"If I was going to go back, I wouldn't even come. It's a stupid question… It's foolish, and only fools would believe that… With everything that I've done, I'm not even sure why it's still a question. It's stupid for people to actually believe it.”
"There's no chance of him coming back, none at all. He is 100 per cent committed to what he is doing over there.”
"I know I've just got to be patient.…. If I've come this far in seven months, give me 12 or 14 and it's going to be completely different.”
"It's funny when you see media outlets say I'm doing this and I'm doing that. It's even funnier when you see Parra fans go online and have a go at me. If you believe that you're a clown.”
"I'm so focused on Plan A, I don't got time for Plan B.”
"That's the media back home. They make stories up. I'm accustomed to that, I know how they operate. But for me, I knew what I was doing, I knew where I was going.”

[youtube]-wFseQZjIqo[/youtube]

OVP

Coach
Catweasel meet me at the bridge tonight! Just want to talk.

He looks like this CW ...

goldfish-bowl-head.jpg

POPEYE

Coach
Hayne is not as mentally docile as he looks, methinks he hasn't given up on NFL just trying a different tack. He knows the Yanks will have their Olympic 7's team loaded and therefore their public will be watching the Rugby. What better place to show the unbelievers what he can do than star in the Olympics . . . got to give the bloke 'A' for effort

coolsteve

Juniors
you would think the fiji union would have asked Hayne if he was sticking around after the olympics .if not see you later

RoosTah

Juniors
Fox Sports - Hayne's unhappy debut

Shows two plays that weren't Hayne's fault.

Well he was always going to cop it if he didn't set the world on fire after going on about his dream being to play in the NFL only then to just drop out after a year to play the mickey mouse bs that is 7s

Chook Norris

First Grade
So just watched Fiji v Australia. Hayne just got about 2 minutes of game time and looked totally lost and unfit out there

Gave away 3 penalties in the space of 45 seconds and also knocked a ball on or two

sandshark

Bench
So just watched Fiji v Australia. Hayne just got about 2 minutes of game time and looked totally lost and unfit out there

Gave away 3 penalties in the space of 45 seconds and also knocked a ball on or two

watch him come back to NRL and pick up a 1 million dollar contract. :crazy:
or watch him go to french rugby and pick up a 1 million dollar plus contract :crazy:

good on him for trying but honestly sick of this media circus.
no one misses him but Laurie Daley.

Danish

Referee
So anyone that struggled through watching that tripe, can you say with a straight face that you couldn't pick 7 NRL players today and have them give that Australian side a flogging in a game of 7s next week?

They must be the whitest league or union squad in the country :lol: