What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
I don't have strong feelings either way but am very curious as to why it would be an 'absolute disgrace'?

it would be a disgrace because here you have a club who it was reported to be hundreds of thousands of dollars over the salary cap, who have been paying players in brown paper bags in car parks etc etc etc etc, being allowed to "medically retire" a player with known knee issues, not having to have Will Hoppas money counted against them, and now possibly being allowed to end the contract of their club captain, in order to be able to sign a player that, prior to his departure, would have been one of the highest paid players in the game, and probably still will be.

That's why it's a disgrace. A disgrace that the corrupt organisation known as the NRL would allow it. But what can you expect from an organisation that allows a player that played over 200 games for a club to officiate their games?

Card Shark

Immortal
Because they're a pack of f**ken cheats. Disgrace they can look toward anything but a guaranteed 16th place finish this season.

Oh well, they'll be back to spooning it up delux once Jarryd and the band are back together.

Thanks for answering the question.

Might I add that I've never heard of a player being able to join a club after June 30.

Why would that be allowed to happen now, particularly involving the club that has illegally obtained players for 5 years.

jim_57

Staff member
Would be nice if his next "dream" was to captain Fiji at the World Cup next year. Would be huge for RL in Fiji, especially if Fiji get a home game.

mave

Coach
Any way you choose to dice it, Parra are playing with an illegally assembled squad, same as the Melbourne Storm still are....
Parra potentially signing a marquee player this late in the same season as salary cap rorting has been discovered, well it leaves a sour taste for the game imo.

But the cynic in me knows the NRL are falling over themselves to get the Hayne recruitment for Parra over the line.

Imagine if the Raiders were in the same situation.....im not sure Greenburg falls over himself to welcome Hayne back.

nick87

Coach
Let parra have him this year if they want
The guy hasnt played NRL footy for 2 years and has undergone fairly massive changes to his body twice in that period

I mean he's obviously immensely talented but he's not going to save their season if he played this year. I think he'd have a fair bit of rust

Card Shark

Immortal
No way should the NRL make it easy (for the Eels) to sign him or give them any help in making the finals (Hayne would be a massive boost for their chances, match ready or not), they should be docking them more points for continual scandals.

Zigwaa

Bench
Sets a dangerous precedent if he's allowed to sign on and play after 30 June.

NRL do need to secure his return to the game somehow, to avoid a situation like when they botched the return of Izzy Folau and he went to union instead. They were severely critcised for that.

Latest posts