What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

Hayne needs someone with common sense as his advisor. He just tore up the chance to be an NFL star in pursuit of a Rugby 7s Olympic team spot that he was never guaranteed.

I wonder if he has been smoking some funny cigarettes in San Francisco.

Brutus

Referee
Hayne got his hair cut at the Hair Lab at Randwick.

I got my last haircut there as well.

I will play NFL now.

Brutus

Referee
Hayne will be at Eagle Farm today and will win the Stradbroke for Bjorn Baker on Music Magnate.

If Hayne is incredibly lucky then he will get into the Fiji team, and may even win an Olympic medal.

But the Olympics will be over in August, so what does he do after that? He can go back to the NRL, and maybe even play for Parramatta because the crock Keiran Foran may end up in prison along with his mate Eddie Hayson. If not, Hayne can play five eighth for the Roosters.

The other alternative, but only if he wins a medal in Rio, is that he can go back to the NFL, maybe for Seattle or Detroit.

Chook Norris

First Grade
So now he's not going to Rio lol. Been cut from the Olympic squad. Where are the people who were saying Hayne would easily make 7s (like apparently all NRL players would) and would go to Rio?

Pommy

Coach
Hayne needs someone with common sense as his advisor. He just tore up the chance to be an NFL star in pursuit of a Rugby 7s Olympic team spot that he was never guaranteed.

I wonder if he has been smoking some funny cigarettes in San Francisco.

Pretty sure it was apparent he wasn't going to make it in the NFL hence the switch.
Not that it's some huge black mark against his name, he tried but it just wasn't enough.

thorson1987

Coach
Pretty sure it was apparent he wasn't going to make it in the NFL hence the switch.
Not that it's some huge black mark against his name, he tried but it just wasn't enough.

Making the squad and getting to play regular season games is still quite an achievement for soneon who had never played the game.

He's becoming a bit of a joke. Yes he played NFL and that was quite remarkable, but a lot of that has been overshadowed by walking out and then failing to make the union team. It's all got a bit pathetic and after so much publicity, some of it self-made, people will happily cut him down now. I think even a return to Parra will be portrayed by some as returning with his tail between his legs. If he comes back and plays for Fiji it will be good, but he won't.

Tommy Smith

Referee
He sure does love a biblical quote, doesn't he?

It might not be politically correct to say this, but be flat out gets weirder by the day does the Hayne Plane.

He's all yours, Parra.

It's just a bizarre story overall.

To be so adamant about a dream to play NFL. To play a couple of regular season games which is a gigantic achievement considering he had never played the game; then drop that for a long shot at the Olympics at the last minute and failing?

It's just weird.

moffla

Bench
It's just a bizarre story overall.

To be so adamant about a dream to play NFL. To play a couple of regular season games which is a gigantic achievement considering he had never played the game; then drop that for a long shot at the Olympics at the last minute and failing?

It's just weird.

In my opinion there is no doubt he received a tap on the shoulder from San Fran and told him he's not wanted and gave him the chance to leave on his own terms. I am baffled about where he ended up however

GW.

Juniors
GW here,

Hayne made one major key cock up and a cock up it was.

He opted to play for FIJI over AUSTRALIA. The country he was born and raised in.

I consider it both arrogance and karma that he thought he could waltz into what is truly a remarkably gifted team, thinking he could take a spot away from one of these poor peasant fijian players that were either going to be better tan him the whole way, or at best case scenario, Jarryd would have a sliver of an edge over them..

I dont use the term peasant as an insult, but they are poor villagers.

Its pure karma that he didnt get in when ye could have opted for the country he was born and raised in, rather than his estranged fathers birthplace. Also note that he is half cast so has just as much anglo blood as his strong fijian blood.

Whats more, the aussie team would have loved having him, needed him more, and he would probably have been on a plane to Rio if he made the right choice.

in short, suck shiz to him.