What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

Ice_Storm

Juniors
Here's hoping he does get cut. Saves me from watching 3 hours of boredom to watch him play 30 seconds of actual game.

nick87

Coach
Here's hoping he does get cut. Saves me from watching 3 hours of boredom to watch him play 30 seconds of actual game.

Are you simple?
Why the f**k would you watch an entire game of a sport you hate to see a guy play for 20 seconds when anything he does will be replayed a thousand times on the local news?

Jesus wept :lol:

Charlie124

First Grade
Are you simple?
Why the f**k would you watch an entire game of a sport you hate to see a guy play for 20 seconds when anything he does will be replayed a thousand times on the local news?

Jesus wept :lol:

This.

I do not follow or have any intention of follwing NFL, but i have an interest in how Hayne is going, thankfully every time he farts its on the news 500 times so i dont have to sit through all the other bullshit.

POPEYE

Coach
This.

I do not follow or have any intention of follwing NFL, but i have an interest in how Hayne is going, thankfully every time he farts its on the news 500 times so i dont have to sit through all the other bullshit.

Absolutely right Chas, Yank sports are equal to their cars and motor bikes, which is why the rest of the planet scoffs, intriguing how brainwashing is contagious . . . maybe Cleary should have stood on the sideline with a printed copy of the gameplan

big hit!

Bench
Seriously guys, quit trying to defend Hayne merely because he's an ex (and potentially again) Leaguie.

He killed it against 95% of numpties in pre season who aren't on a roster now, and in plays where opposition coaches weren't incorporating every down in the overall context of winning the game. that is NFL pre-season. yet the folks who apparently knew so much more (i.e., rugby league fans who have barely watched the sport in their life), would tell those who actually watched the game that he would f**kin kill because he ran around the 84th & 87th guy on opposition rosters.

Hayne is getting opportunities against the top 46 of each team, and he's fluffing them. this is the NFL. it is not a continuous stream of largely insignificant and forgotten plays after 80 minutes. each play is critical and when a player is called upon to contribute, they have to put their team in a better position at the end of it.

the better players that are on NFL regular season rosters, and the coaches, are exposing him. that play on the weekend where he was stripped is a clear example of how the awareness he brought with him from rugby league is just what is going on in front of him rather than all around him. the failed block was a very bad read. folks will say that he's new and learning the game. well, a shit team that is already struggling can't afford to carry a bloke who is learning the game and making basic errors whenever he's used.

hayne has got the running skills. there's no doubt. but there's no way he will or should be handed even more responsibility in such an important position on the field.

SF will be scouring the stocks of experienced RBs that aren't getting much game time elsewhere or still FA's. Hayne may survive, but they need healthy experience to be helping Hyde with snaps. He's getting banged up good with Bush unable to contribute.

big hit!

Bench
and f**k off the niners games every week. better games that would otherwise be telecast are being bumped off to accommodate their shit.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Seriously guys, quit trying to defend Hayne merely because he's an ex (and potentially again) Leaguie.

He killed it against 95% of numpties in pre season who aren't on a roster now, and in plays where opposition coaches weren't incorporating every down in the overall context of winning the game. that is NFL pre-season. yet the folks who apparently knew so much more (i.e., rugby league fans who have barely watched the sport in their life), would tell those who actually watched the game that he would f**kin kill because he ran around the 84th & 87th guy on opposition rosters.

Hayne is getting opportunities against the top 46 of each team, and he's fluffing them. this is the NFL. it is not a continuous stream of largely insignificant and forgotten plays after 80 minutes. each play is critical and when a player is called upon to contribute, they have to put their team in a better position at the end of it.

the better players that are on NFL regular season rosters, and the coaches, are exposing him. that play on the weekend where he was stripped is a clear example of how the awareness he brought with him from rugby league is just what is going on in front of him rather than all around him. the failed block was a very bad read. folks will say that he's new and learning the game. well, a shit team that is already struggling can't afford to carry a bloke who is learning the game and making basic errors whenever he's used.

hayne has got the running skills. there's no doubt. but there's no way he will or should be handed even more responsibility in such an important position on the field.

SF will be scouring the stocks of experienced RBs that aren't getting much game time elsewhere or still FA's. Hayne may survive, but they need healthy experience to be helping Hyde with snaps. He's getting banged up good with Bush unable to contribute.

This bit is 100% correct.

It's not 80 minutes of insignificant and forgotten plays, its about 3 hours and 50 minutes of them.

MarkC

Juniors
No one is forcing you to watch NRL or the 49ers if you don't want to.

I am watching because I am interested to see how Hayne goes, and I would like to see him do well.

At the same time, I am realistic, it is no walk in the park, he need to keep performing well to stay in the squad for game day.

Yes, he might get cut at some stage, but I think that is not going to happen anytime soon.

It is all up to the SF coach and he needs to win games to keep his job, developing Hayne is secondary issue.

IMO based on what I have seen so far the 49ers are improving and if I was in charge, I would give the coach and Hayne more time. I am saying that because if they changed coach, they can't have had a great season last season.

Equally no one at the 49ers is asking my opinion, and I don't expect Hayne to get any special favors. If they don't get the results they want, heads could roll.

If they sack the coach, it then depends on what the next coach thinks of the Hayne experiment. I would persist, but it is easy for me to say, I don't need to get results.

Danish

Referee

How many snaps has Hayne even taken as a running back? 6 total?

Of those snaps he missed a block once, had a few insignificant runs for little to no gain, and almost scored on another.

His 2 bad errors have both come returning punts, not at RB.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
How many snaps has Hayne even taken as a running back? 6 total?

Of those snaps he missed a block once, had a few insignificant runs for little to no gain, and almost scored on another.

His 2 bad errors have both come returning punts, not at RB.

All 3 of his fumbles were pretty significant errors in judgement, that is the worrying thing. If you have anything more than a 10% error rate in the NFL, you don't last long. His 3rd fumble in particular would have scared the 49ers out of giving him more RB time, one handed loose carries with 3 guys hanging off you is a textbook recipe for a fumble for a RB.

As for him at RB, his running is 'ok' but he looks absolutely clueless blocking even if he makes a block, which is why the coaches would be reluctant to give him more time... Coupled with incredibly poor ball security and it doesn't equal anything but a few relatively minor plays throughout a game.

On the plus side for Hayne, Kendall Hunter is ineligible to be re-signed by the 49ers from IR as they didn't do his paperwork in time, so they'd need to sign someone else from another team to replace him in the squad.

big hit!

Bench
He just needs to be f**kin solid at PR today. Call the fair catch if the heat is on, let it go if the percentages of touching it under pressure will lead to a turnover, and treat the pill like gold and be aware of the where players are coming from if he ends up running it.

15 yd returns don't appear spectacular, but any reduction in opposition net yardage from punts is a win. Really needs to be patient for the right opportunity as a punt returner. Forcing it and handing the ball back to the opposition with good territory can be a game killer.

MarkC

Juniors
He just needs to be f**kin solid at PR today. Call the fair catch if the heat is on, let it go if the percentages of touching it under pressure will lead to a turnover, and treat the pill like gold and be aware of the where players are coming from if he ends up running it.

15 yd returns don't appear spectacular, but any reduction in opposition net yardage from punts is a win. Really needs to be patient for the right opportunity as a punt returner. Forcing it and handing the ball back to the opposition with good territory can be a game killer.

Agreed.

Hayne himself has recognised what he has done wrong, he just needs to be cautious and mistake free for the next few opportunities.

He has probably been trying to hard and forcing the play on occasions, trying to impress.

blaza88z

Coach
I think it just proves how important it is to grow up playing the game, he's a great runner no doubt about that but fumbling the ball is a pretty big thing in NFL, you don't really learn that unless you go through the college system

God is testing him.

Will be good for Jarryd's resolve.

The Lord does work in mysterious ways, and JH should know that by now.

The rest will do him the world of good too.

Incorrect

Coach
Lol @ all the people in this thread pretending to be NFL experts.

Listen mate, I've been watching Gripiron since SuperBall XX when the Chicago Bearskins beat the other team they were playing by 4 tries... so either jump on the bandwagon or, as they say in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, "Kiss my ASS!"