What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Proposition - pretty brutal look at the Aussie outback back in the 19th century. Great performances all round including Guy Pearce who is one of the best and most underrated of actors.

Two Hands - hadn't seen this one for a while and its an absolute classic. Very funny Aussie humour. Bryan Brown was awesome. And an early insight into Ledger's talent. But how diverse is he? Awesome.

simmo1

First Grade
Pick of Destiny. f**king classic. :lol:

"And now that band is here, to come again...in your ear pussies"

The Proposition - pretty brutal look at the Aussie outback back in the 19th century. Great performances all round including Guy Pearce who is one of the best and most underrated of actors.

It is a good movie isn't it? Very underrated one in my book and probably fairly close to the mark in terms of what life would have been like in outback Oz back then.

I watched a couple of the weekend:

A Scanner Darkly - based on a Phillip K Dick novel, a great story ruined by the difficult to watch animation. Having said that, it would have been next to impossible to make a movie of this in any other way (with the scatter suits and hallucinations). It came across as one long drug induced hallucination and that's part and parcel of what the story was about.

Kung Fu Panda - took the kids to see this one, not expecting too much. Pleasantly surprised. Very funny and the fight scenes were good stuff. Reminded me of the Bruce Lee movies I watched as a kid and the Kung Fu series with David Carradine. Pixar is on a winner with this one and I'd expect to see a surge in martial arts class enrolments as a result.

Atonement - best movie i have seen in a while although some scenes are a little too long imo. Scenery is great
Bucket List - pretty good

funny that all the lead characters died in both movies

AILD

Bench
It is a good movie isn't it? Very underrated one in my book and probably fairly close to the mark in terms of what life would have been like in outback Oz back then.

I watched a couple of the weekend:

A Scanner Darkly - based on a Phillip K Dick novel, a great story ruined by the difficult to watch animation. Having said that, it would have been next to impossible to make a movie of this in any other way (with the scatter suits and hallucinations). It came across as one long drug induced hallucination and that's part and parcel of what the story was about.

Kung Fu Panda - took the kids to see this one, not expecting too much. Pleasantly surprised. Very funny and the fight scenes were good stuff. Reminded me of the Bruce Lee movies I watched as a kid and the Kung Fu series with David Carradine. Pixar is on a winner with this one and I'd expect to see a surge in martial arts class enrolments as a result.

i love a scanner darkly. seen it a few months back and really enjoyed it.

i watched the 'prestige' yesterday.

Cupid Stunt

Imagination Land: South Park at it's finest... Crude, crass & simply the lowest form of humour available. Fanfreakintastic! :lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
one of the worst movies ever made.

:lol::lol: I'll take that as a compliment 4 that movie. If it has that effect on some one that eats panties, and think it cool to.:lol:

What a wank... :lol::cool:

PS... So ya didnt get it, did ya , ( cracks up again ).

Phillips

Referee
:lol::lol: I'll take that as a compliment 4 that movie. If it has that effect on some one that eats panties, and think it cool to.:lol:

What a wank... :lol::cool:

PS... So ya didnt get it, did ya , ( cracks up again ).

it was almost as bad as I Am Legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.